• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Phil Chisnall

Firestorm

Pedant
In the build up for yesterdays Man U - Liverpool game they were discussing the rivallry between the two teams. An example thay gave was that there has not been a direct transfer between the two clubs for over 40 years. The last player was Phil Chisnall.
There then followed an interview with him and some brief facts about the man, No mention of us though...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Sep. 19 2005,15:04)]Blimey, I remember him playing in a midfield with Eddie Clayton and Sammy McMillan.

Trouble is he must be about 70 now.
You can't be far behind!

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Sep. 19 2005,14:04)]Blimey, I remember him playing in a midfield with Eddie Clayton and Sammy McMillan.

Now that was a midfield with a bit of class!!.
biggrin.gif

Also about that time we had John McKinven, Chico Hamilton, Gary Moore and all time Blues hero Billy Best. Season 68/69 we were scoring goals for fun.

Moore and Best now there was a partnership
smile.gif
I agree BB is still my favourite player. He also used to live next door to my best mate at school. Call me sad if you like but as 9 yr olds we used to wait for him to come out and do some gardening. On the other side lived John Roberts the goalie. Oh happy childhood memories
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Sep. 19 2005,15:04)]Blimey, I remember him playing in a midfield with Eddie Clayton and Sammy McMillan.

He's 62 next month ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Sep. 19 2005,17:03)]Also about that time we had John McKinven, Chico Hamilton, Gary Moore and all time Blues hero Billy Best. Season 68/69 we were scoring goals for fun.
We certainly were in the FA Cup

10-1 and 9-0 in the first two Rounds (Brentwood and Kings Lynn) Best got three in 5 minutes at one stage
Wasn't it Swindon 2-1 in the third round to Hold a modern day FA Cup record of 21 Goals in the first three rounds

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Sep. 20 2005,13:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Sep. 19 2005,17:03)]Also about that time we had John McKinven, Chico Hamilton, Gary Moore and all time Blues hero Billy Best. Season 68/69 we were scoring goals for fun.
We certainly were in the FA Cup

10-1 and 9-0 in the first two Rounds (Brentwood and Kings Lynn)   Best got three in 5 minutes at one stage
Wasn't it Swindon 2-1 in the third round to Hold a modern day FA Cup record of 21 Goals in the first three rounds
That season we also beat Bournemouth 6-1 in the league cup at Dean Court, and i am sure Workington 7-0 at the end of the season. After that result we were all but promoted, but lost our last 5 or 6 matches to finish in 6th.

FA Cup 3rd Round we won 2-0 at Swindon, that was the year that Swindon beat the Arse 3-1 in the league cup and they had Don Rogers playing for them. 4th Round we lost 2-1 at Mansfield when Gary moore hit the bar about two minutes from time. Mansfield beat West Ham 3-0 in the next round.

That 10-1 against Brentwood, we were 5-1 up Billy Best had not scored, he then got 5 in i think about 20 minutes, i think that still stands as the fastest 5 goals of all time by an individual.

Great times and great crowds as well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Sep. 20 2005,13:52)]4th Round we lost 2-1 at Mansfield when Gary moore hit the bar about two minutes from time. Mansfield beat West Ham 3-0 in the next round.

That 10-1 against Brentwood, we were 5-1 up Billy Best had not scored, he then got 5 in i think about 20 minutes, i think that still stands as the fastest 5 goals of all time by an individual.

The Mansfield Keeper had a fine game, and is one of my favourite Trivia questions.

Which footballing brothers were both internationals but for different countries

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Sep. 20 2005,16:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Sep. 20 2005,13:52)]4th Round we lost 2-1 at Mansfield when Gary moore hit the bar about two minutes from time. Mansfield beat West Ham 3-0 in the next round.

The Mansfield Keeper had a fine game, and is one of my favourite Trivia questions.

Dave & John Hollins

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Sep. 20 2005,13:52)]That 10-1 against Brentwood, we were 5-1 up Billy Best had not scored, he then got 5 in i think about 20 minutes, i think that still stands as the fastest 5 goals of all time by an individual.

My dad always goes on about this game and about Best. He is one of his heroes. He reckons that was absolutely fantastic and the place went nuts.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Sep. 20 2005,15:40)]
[b said:

You could also have Christian (Italy) and Max/Massimiliano (Australia) Vieiri...but neither of them have played against Southend as far as I know...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Song of the South Upper @ Sep. 22 2005,11:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Sep. 20 2005,15:40)]
[b said:

You could also have Christian (Italy) and Max/Massimiliano (Australia) Vieiri...but neither of them have played against Southend as far as I know...
Or Gary Neville (England) and Phil Neville (Romania)
sad.gif

Back