• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pitch invasion

blue heaven

Coach
If we get promoted at home next Saturday will there be a pitch invasion.All other teams do it so we should as well.Only us in south upper might not get the chance unless we jump over the railings.BLUE ARMY

I would say definitely not.Pitch invaders rush into the pitch but once they are there they dont have an awful lot to do so they just stand there.
I would prefer evertyone stay in their seat and give the players a chance to do a lap of honour. If there is a pitch invasion the players will just clear off down the tunnel

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveo @ April 14 2006,10:27)]If there is a pitch invasion the players will just clear off down the tunnel
Just like Grimsby
down.gif
but credit for coming back out

I reckon we should take a couple of minutes on the precious day, to go in to Bristol and let them have it big time, woman,kids the lot.............

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave cusaks nose @ April 14 2006,10:29)]I reckon we should take a couple of minutes on the precious day, to go in to Bristol and let them have it big time, woman,kids the lot.............
Then Man City? I reckon we could eprsuade Goater to join in, he won't have to worry about suspensions or anything...

the great thing about pitch invasions is it gives you the unique oppotunity trip a player up as he runs back to the tunnel for safety

We can't get promoted today anyway, but we should definitely have one for the last day of the season and at the game at which we win promotion. Knowing our stewards we probably won't be allowed, though.
mad.gif

If the east stand get on the pitch first they could block off the tunel.

hopefully there will be a cordon of stewards to prevent anyone getting on the pitch so that the majority of fans (including the Man City and Bristol City fans that want to applaud Goater) can applaud the team while they parade the trophy. Pitch invations are cack.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ April 14 2006,11:45)]hopefully there will be a cordon of stewards to prevent anyone getting on the pitch so that the majority of fans (including the Man City and Bristol City fans that want to applaud Goater) can applaud the team while they parade the trophy. Pitch invations are cack.
The Derby pitch invasion was a lively affair, from now on when on the pitch i will windmill anyone just to be safe
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ARSE!! @ April 14 2006,11:21)]If the east stand get on the pitch first they could block off the tunel.
Good tactic there!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I remember the Derby match very well I got beaten up by two of them,ended up at hospital having x-rays on my back.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ April 14 2006,11:45)]Pitch invations are cack.
Agreed.

Just an opportunity for little chav tw&ts to prance around.

Always look terrible anyway.

to be honest pitch invasions are totally rubbish
you get on there and then there is nothing to do!!!

i hope that we have already got the title in the bag and so the club have a week to get a decent trophy presentation, champagne (not cans of carlsberg - -did anyone esle notice that at playoff final dvd?) and possibly bring the bluebells back on, fireworks (it might be too light i guess....) etc

much better than a load of chavs pretending they are going to beat up the world

there is no need and they are pointless.
much better to let tilly, brush and the boys saviour they moment on the hallowed turf and let us clap cheer sing and hug each other in the stands

i'm sure the players would appricate it if the fans just clapped from the stands, so they can take a lap of honour which they do every season. Also if we are in the position to take the title, they will need to space for the presentation. Pitch invasions are not clever, and only buggers up the pitch. I'm sure before the game they'll be an annoucement or something to ask there not to be an invasion.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blue heaven @ April 14 2006,10:03)]Only us in south upper might not get the chance unless we jump over the railings.
You clearly weren't at Grimsby were you?

Far better for everyone to stay off the pitch and let the players do a lap of honour, throw their kit in to the crowd etc, ala Col U in the LDV semi.

Solely for the pitch invasion reason I hope we clinch promotion away so we won't have the glory seeking chav scum runnning on to the pitch making complete arses of themselves (and the club).

Was watching an edition of 'Football Years' (88-89 season)on Sky the other day. Two things:

1) they showed a bit of random footage of Roots Hall, with the terraced Noth Bank and the pre-two tier South Bank. No idea why, as the show was almost exclusively about the (old old) First Division.

2) they did a feature of a Forest vs QPR League Cup semi, when Forest fans invaded the pitch after a 5-2 win for their team. That was the game where Brian Clough hit any fan who came within two yards of him
laugh.gif
Priceless

Anyone remember I think it was the Wrexham game last day of the season 1997/8. It was our second succesive relegation. Quite a few angry people on the pitch that day and the crossbar at the North Bank end was broken in half.

Question is will our stewards be able to stop 350+ Man City supporters going on the pitch to get at Goater (if he turns up
laugh.gif
).

I know it's Bermuda Day or whatever for the Goat but the Bristol City game will be when you receive your league trophy and its a day for all Southend fans in general. I can't see any City fans trying to get on the pitch and ruining your day unless the Shrimper fans do it first. Even then, personally I have more respect for what your club have done in allowing me to get a ticket, than to do that. It would be a shame to not have a proper presentation anyway and a lap of honour from the players that have served you well all season. And a decent send off for the Goat without him being molested.

Back