• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pitch invasion

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ April 14 2006,11:13)]We can't get promoted today anyway, but we should definitely have one for the last day of the season and at the game at which we win promotion. Knowing our stewards we probably won't be allowed, though.
mad.gif
Just where do these stewards get off enforcing a Club policy that's in line with the Football League!!!?

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bluemoon_Adam @ April 15 2006,16:49)]I know it's Bermuda Day or whatever for the Goat but the Bristol City game will be when you receive your league trophy and its a day for all Southend fans in general.  I can't see any City fans trying to get on the pitch and ruining your day unless the Shrimper fans do it first.  Even then, personally I have more respect for what your club have done in allowing me to get a ticket, than to do that.  It would be a shame to not have a proper presentation anyway and a lap of honour from the players that have served you well all season.  And a decent send off for the Goat without him being molested.
Far too many of our fans are getting too carried away with it being Goater's last game, so its refreshing to see your post.

The last day of the season is potentially the best moment in the club's 99 year history. The 1980-81 title was great, as was Bury (A) as the first time we reached the next level, but to win the title would be the club's greatest ever achievement.

No one player is bigger than the club, and although the Goat has made a great contribution to this season, he has only started 26 games for Southend and his departure is very much a secondary issue.

But I think being mobbed would be a great send-off. Stan Collymore rated the send-off we gave him as the joint highlight of his career (along with the winner in the Liverpool 4 Newcastle 3 game). Sadly if people do try and celebrate with a pitch invasion the club will probably just got fined and the fans arrested. You're not allowed to enjoy yourself at games these days
sad.gif

Get on the pitch n have some fun.. Bore off about all this lap of honour garbage.. As mentioned someone trip the Goat over and nick his boots..
I'd get involved but I'll be far too pi$$ed to get over the pitchside advertising bolloxs!
wink.gif

what is fun about running onto the pitch? once people get on all they do is stand around and f%&k up the pitch.

Yes but..
Its the end of the season..
A load of pi$$ed people in trainers standing around, or, heaven forbid, jumping up n down going mental, arn't going to do too much damage...
You can still see all your precious players if you decide to stay in the stands..
And, most imortantly.. its been the way of things for years and it will really f%&k off all the stewards, health n safety tw&ts and all the other goons that conspire to make life so very very 'all seater and non smoking'..

And if you think getting on the pitch is boring, think back to West Broms last game of last season..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ April 16 2006,00:16)]what is fun about running onto the pitch? once people get on all they do is stand around and f%&k up the pitch.
Can't see what harm a controlled pitch invasion would do after the players have done a lap of honour etc. It's not as if there is a game the following day, grass grows quite well in this country at this time of year. I'm sure Reading's pitch will be playable come August after their fans invaded the pitch.

People are not going to be cutting up big chunks of it to have as a momento are they (well after the last ever game at Roots Hall that might happen).

I think the stewards will have a hard job to stop people getting on, but I hope it's after a lap of honour.

As for not being fun, well it was quite fun when I managed to shake Stan Collymore's hand on the final day of the season in May 93.
smile.gif

Back