• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning for Roots Hall.

Really rather pathetic from Kevin Buck. Officers have been asked to look at options to help traffic flow round Priory Park which they will do. If you look at the map what they are talking about is more than improving the road from Warner's Bridge and linking with the A127 (there is already the start of the road linking Nestuda Way to the A127 at the roundabout). It must also include as I've already said a link from Fossett's Way to Warner's Bridge. The officer's may well also look at extending Fossett's Way extending it via the back of Garon's to link with the roundabout at the end of Southchurch Boulevard.
I think for a Councillor to start spouting off before he's seen the options/proposals are produced shows his lack of awareness and inability to see the bigger picture of the developments at Fossetts and Roots Hall which in my view are of major benefit to the town.

Regretably we will see and hear more party policitial posturing before its agreed by the council.Clearly for some reason some members on the council are against the FF development and are going to use the traffic issues around the development to get the development thrown out.

Fortunately Kevin Buck is not on the Development Control Committee. Infrastructure is of course an issue but if Woodley gets a sensible solution then it should go through. My view remains the same. You'd be mad to take your car to FF for a game unless you get there really early, have a meal and drink and then wait for the inevitable queues to subside. I'm parking where I usually do and walking in if I'm still able (and still alive)

Fortunately Kevin Buck is not on the Development Control Committee. Infrastructure is of course an issue but if Woodley gets a sensible solution then it should go through. My view remains the same. You'd be mad to take your car to FF for a game unless you get there really early, have a meal and drink and then wait for the inevitable queues to subside. I'm parking where I usually do and walking in if I'm still able (and still alive)

Is the park and ride scheme still being considered?

Some cycle sheds would be good, gentile pint or two at the Tap, with bike padlocked to railings, then cycle along past old ground and to FF. Very green and Dutch.

Red light district and some 'Cafes' for those of us who still like to go out, out on the occasional Saturday

Is the park and ride scheme still being considered?
I did look at the plans but TBH they are so long and you can't get them in one hit and I gave up. The plans for match day are quite complicated and very organised so I'd be surprised if there aren't plans for park and ride. But i could not see them. Plenty of encouragement for cyclists as far as I could see.

I don’t even know why I bother checking in here, it’s just same **** different day, week, month, year, decade.

Reactions: TJC
I don’t even know why I bother checking in here, it’s just same **** different day, week, month, year, decade.

Indeed, I can't say I'm surprised. It would be interesting to know the reason though. Is it that the council aren't happy with what has been submitted and they've asked for more information (that wouldn't be the 1st time) or is it just timing, i.e. the consultation period has just ended and they haven't had enough time to collate everything?

Or (more likely) is it something completely different?

I thought i had read something about 24th Feb being a key date
That’s excellent news and shows that the final public consultation is under way and the closure date has been reconfirmed. That will be a month before the special development committee meeting on 24 Feb which we think might be the critical meeting and - possibly - the final and total green light. Fingers crossed. Please let’s just not be relegated by PPG by then!

I thought i had read something about 24th Feb being a key date

Yes, there is a Special Meeting of the Development Control Committee penned in for 24th Feb where hopefully they will give their approval of the planning application before going to the full council??? It would be nice to have an update on the current situation from the club giving a layman’s guide to what is still required. Other clubs have managed it so why can’t we. Give us a shred of optimism Ron!

Yes, there is a Special Meeting of the Development Control Committee penned in for 24th Feb where hopefully they will give their approval of the planning application before going to the full council??? It would be nice to have an update on the current situation from the club giving a layman’s guide to what is still required. Other clubs have managed it so why can’t we. Give us a shred of optimism Ron!

What's the point. Would anyone trust him? I certainly wouldn't. I'd happily be proved wrong, but I would take anything he says with a healthy pinch of salt.

Last edited:
I’m confused. Why were we expecting the planning applications to be heard in February? Weren’t the amended plans submitted in mid November meaning that they would be heard in March at the absolute earliest?

I’m confused. Why were we expecting the planning applications to be heard in February? Weren’t the amended plans submitted in mid November meaning that they would be heard in March at the absolute earliest?

This is what I understood too.

24th Feb. Special meeting called in order to provide the final green light.

This is what I understood too.

24th Feb. Special meeting called in order to provide the final green light.

But that's not the final green light is it? Isn't that just the DCC? They can either recommend it for approval or not. Then the full council will either accept or reject their recommendation.

Unless I'm missing something?

But that's not the final green light is it? Isn't that just the DCC? They can either recommend it for approval or not. Then the full council will either accept or reject their recommendation.

Unless I'm missing something?

No, that sounds about right. An application of this size will have to go to the full council, but will need development committee consent to do so.

The good news is there won't be a huge distance between the DC meeting and the full council meeting, as there isn't any more background work to be done, it will just have to be enough time for councillors to familiarise themselves with the application. So March, I would imagine.

No, that sounds about right. An application of this size will have to go to the full council, but will need development committee consent to do so.

The good news is there won't be a huge distance between the DC meeting and the full council meeting, as there isn't any more background work to be done, it will just have to be enough time for councillors to familiarise themselves with the application. So March, I would imagine.

But there needs to be enough for the full council members to digest the information they are presented.

But there needs to be enough for the full council members to digest the information they are presented.

They should already be digesting it. Should have been since shortly before the meeting in December. If they haven't been then they're ****ing idiots.

Back