• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

footballaid2011

Bid to Play at Roots Hall

Southend United have once again joined forces with Football Aid, allowing football fans the opportunity to play on the hallowed turf of Roots Hall in2011, while raising vital funds for charity at the same time.

Football Aid offers Blues’ fans the opportunity to Live the Dream of an authentic match day experience; to gain exclusive access to the pitch and tunnel areas, pull on their own personalised Southend United shirt in the official changing rooms, walk down the tunnel to the sound of a cheering crowd and ultimately to step out onto their Field of Dreams and represent their club in a never to be forgotten 90 minute match.

The matches have also been supported by a host of former players down the years, with the likes of Steve Tilson and Paul Brush all lending their valuable experience in recent years, by playing alongside or managing the supporters in the hugely enjoyable matches at Roots Hall.

Getting involved couldn’t be easier, our bidding period has just begun so just visit www.footballaid.com, select Southend United and your position, then place your bid – it really is that simple. And with starting bids for positions at just £150, booking a position could turn out to be the best bargain you’ll ever bag!

So if you're keen to secure your place on your Field of Dreams early why not visit www.footballaid.com. Alternatively if you’d like any additional information, you can call Football Aid on 0131 220 5999 or email info@footballaid.com.

Football Aid celebrated their 10th anniversary in 2010 and have allowed over 12,000 football fans the chance to Live the Dream in more than
420 matches. They are a groundbreaking organisation which generates funds annually by hosting charity football matches at iconic stadiums all over the UK. The unique concept was the brainchild of businessman and Football Aid Chairman Craig Paterson and funds raised from the event will benefit the work of a charitable project nominated by the club, as well as projects nominated by Football Aid’s parent charity Field of Dreams. Southend United’s nominated charity for the past two years has been their own Community and Educational Trust.

Last edited:
Southend fans take note! - There are only a few places remaining for the Football Aid Charity Match at Roots Hall which kicks off at 2pm on the 4th of May 2011. Secure your place from only £125.00. For this you will be rewarded with a full personalised kit, the chance to play at Roots Hall alongside former Southend legends as well as having the match officiated by FA qualified officials. Proceeds from the game will be split between Football Aid's parent charity Field of Dreams and a nominated cause of the clubs choice. To secure your position please visit www.footballaid.com

If you'd like more information on the match or any aspect of Football Aid please feel free to give us a call at the office on 0131 220 5999 or drop us an email at info@footballaid.com

Hope to see you there!

All the best,

Footballaidman

did this last year.. it was great fun and tilsons last game at roots hall

The only time i played on the hallowed turf Dave Jobson cleaned me up good and proper leaving me with 5 stitches and a scar for life .. still at least i can say my blood is in Roots Hall :smile:

Emmm I am very tempted!!

SARF would you say its worth the money?
i personnaly had a great time and playing with tilson added the extra val.. im no good at footy but can run around bit.. was nice to get out on the pitch if you have never been on it, either playing or protesting or celebrating!
some people took it a tad too seriously which was amusing ..
the changing rooms are shocking how we had championship sides and man u and chelsea in those things is lunacy..
you can pay up to get some good photos, dont get the video unless your really good..
all in all its a bit lumpy but its for charity and the hall wont be there for much longer either way..so i'd give it a go
was well run last year and our team had a good laugh.. but then we won 5 nil ;-)

Is it just males? Or can us women play?

Hi mksupershrimper, currently all our events are for male participants only. We are normally limited to just one match at each of our participating clubs, in order to make the events financially viable we have to target the majority fan base - in this case males over the age of 18. We have tried to offer ladies games in the past but unfortunately there wasn't enough interest for them to really take off.

I hope this helps in answering your question. For more details please visit:
http://www.footballaid.com/node/114

Legends confirmed for the 2011 game are: Paul Clark and Bill Garner! There are still a couple of positions still to be sold! If you want to make an offer to play at Roots Hall this Wednesday give the office a call on 0131 220 5999 or visit www.footballaid.com to secure your position!

Back