• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
So, as we are almost nailed on to be involved in the Play-Offs. What should we arrange to add a bit of noise and colour to the two, hopefully three games?

Do we want those individual flags like we have had before v Donny & Chelsea?

Bam-Bams?

Card display?

I think it is time to think outside the box and go for something a bit different. I throw the floor open to suggestions however wacky? But please, keep them sensible and feasible!....

PS, as part of TBV's re-launch we have changed our name to North Bank Army....As such, the first step is to create a new logo...

So who would like to design us a new logo, to go on our new website/flags & future merchandise etc? It would need to include the text "North Bank Army" and "S.U.F.C" but other than that be as creative as you like. It would need to be a decent resolution as well. The creator of the winning logo may also receive a small prize for their efforts. Either post your designs on here or email them to us at shrimpers_2000@yahoo.co.uk. We will then have a poll to decide the winner from our favourite entries. Get creative people, your logo will get massive exposure and credit!

So, as we are almost nailed on to be involved in the Play-Offs. What should we arrange to add a bit of noise and colour to the two, hopefully three games?

Do we want those individual flags like we have had before v Donny & Chelsea?

Bam-Bams?

Card display?

I think it is time to think outside the box and go for something a bit different. I throw the floor open to suggestions however wacky? But please, keep them sensible and feasible!....

PS, as part of TBV's re-launch we have changed our name to North Bank Army....As such, the first step is to create a new logo...

So who would like to design us a new logo, to go on our new website/flags & future merchandise etc? It would need to include the text "North Bank Army" and "S.U.F.C" but other than that be as creative as you like. It would need to be a decent resolution as well. The creator of the winning logo may also receive a small prize for their efforts. Either post your designs on here or email them to us at shrimpers_2000@yahoo.co.uk. We will then have a poll to decide the winner from our favourite entries. Get creative people, your logo will get massive exposure and credit!

The blue voice was brought in to get a better atmosphere with the home fans of Roots Hall, surely rebranding it 'North Bank Army' will make people think it is purely applied to the North Bank people. Just my two pence on it.

The blue voice was brought in to get a better atmosphere with the home fans of Roots Hall, surely rebranding it 'North Bank Army' will make people think it is purely applied to the North Bank people. Just my two pence on it.

A fair point. But unfortunately The Blue Voice was by in large just W Block. Whether that was down to poor acoustics/location/apathy it doesn't matter...

The North Bank we hope with it's improved acoustics, will act as that catalyst to spur the rest of the ground on. I think it has worked a treat thus far...

It's just a name at the end of the day. The main thing is we get RH rocking.

Most like for like groups have their group name as the "home end"

I like the visual idea of everyone holding cards above their heads, not sure what we could write on it though (other than the obvious - SUFC etc).

Maybe we could make the cards double sided, and then on the beat of a drum get everyone to turn them upside down.

So have Blue and white one side, Yellow and blue the other, with some form of message over both sides.

Could work quite well, but would require a full stand (away match at the playoffs maybe).

I like the visual idea of everyone holding cards above their heads, not sure what we could write on it though (other than the obvious - SUFC etc).

Maybe we could make the cards double sided, and then on the beat of a drum get everyone to turn them upside down.

So have Blue and white one side, Yellow and blue the other, with some form of message over both sides.

Could work quite well, but would require a full stand (away match at the playoffs maybe).

We did cards once, it is a real pain to organise as you have to get there ages before the game to set the display you want and to get them out on the seats...I don't think we would be able to manage that in an away play-off game.The last one we did took about 12 off us most of the morning at RH to sort.

If it were renamed the North Bank Army, wouldn't it be a silly looking if we have to give up the North Bank to away fans and you're back in block W?

I did say similar to Smiffy when he decided to change the name. I would of thought "Roots Hall Army" may sound better as it still incorporates the whole ground....Just a thought.

firstly stick with the blue voice, good name now established, we sit in the family stand and often talk about 'the blue voice' my son and i have relocated a few times and even the ticket office know 'the blue voice section' how do you expect something to become established without longevity, a name change imo would be silly and lack credibility.
As for a display why not get everyone to bring a flag (theres been enough handed out over the years) supplemented by a new batch from the club/kitty/trust etc etc, easy to implement etc and everyone joins in

Sounds abit gay to me and yellow? :unsure: Blue and White will do nicely!

Smoke Bomb?:thumbsup:

Also dont think should waste to much money on things for one game. Things that can be permanent display would be much better!

For the home leg we could:
How about light beams in the air around the stadium? Like they use to have at Adventure Island next to Rage?
Or
Light up wristbands? Like Coldplay had on X-Factor? Turn on before the game, at half time, and whenever we score?
[video=youtube_share;xcb_hM-Gi-Y]http://youtu.be/xcb_hM-Gi-Y?t=1m44s[/video]

Not sure how much they'd cost though, just a suggestion

Back