• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

leeblue

Members⭐
I'm a little loved up at the moment...my all time favourite Southend player is now gaffer and has thus far had an amazing start. Three wins on the spin and all against very good teams in our division...well 1st 4th and 8th in our division.
Now only 9 points off the play offs...i know it's all rainbows and unicorns at the moment but can we make the play offs???

If we win Tuesday night and Saturday against Portsmouth I will start to believe we can make the play offs:smile::thumbsup:

Absolutely no reason why we shouldn't be aiming for them. Making up 9 points in 14 games is achievable.

No chance. We can only get 85 points maximum, so can’t afford to drop more than 10 or 12 points.

So we can lose three games....the evidence so far under Powell suggests that may be very achievable. I wouldn't normally big us up in such a way but looking at the opposition we have put to the sword under Chrissy does get me dreaming a little

50+ points as soon as then I will be content. A couple of weeks ago relegation was on the cards

Far from scientific here, but last year, we missed out on 72 points and would have qualified on 73. We're currently on 40 so would potentially need another 33 from the remaining 15 games, so 2.2 points per game. Based on the current league table, that return would be the return of Champions. Even Wigan have only achieved 2.17 (although they'd be in a better place if we hadn't just KICKED THEIR ***!!!!)

:thumbsup:

Last year, we missed out on 72 points and would have qualified on 73. We're currently on 40 so would potentially need another 33 from the remaining 15 games, so 2.2 points per game. Based on the current league table, that return would be the return of Champions. Even Wigan have only achieved 2.17 (although they'd be in a better place if we hadn't just KICKED THEIR ***!!!!)

:thumbsup:

Put like that...tall order

I believe Barnsley were in a similar position to us a few seasons ago and did actually that, and were promoted to the Championship

Still early days, but the way I’ve seem the team play in the last 3 games it’s not out of the equation.

Just feels good to read the threads and comments on the zone right now. Play-offs I'm afraid are out of reach now, although, I'd like to "eat my words". I'm also glad that Timms & John White (before injury) have been given real opportunities to show their worth to the club. Last time I was home, away at the Bristol Rovers game, both of them were warming up during the game in front of me. I remember thinking, they should both be in there right now. Hopefully, those people who were quick to write them off as not good enough anymore will give them their support and realise it's all about getting the right opportunities. Yearwood would be another that I would now give a long good run out in the team. I'll be back for the first 2 weeks of March, I'd wondered in the past what state we would be in as a team by then. Looking pretty positive right now. How quickly things can change. COYB

I believe Barnsley were in a similar position to us a few seasons ago and did actually that, and were promoted to the Championship

Still early days, but the way I’ve seem the team play in the last 3 games it’s not out of the equation.
After 31 games Barnsley were 5 points better off than us, but 6th place was 52 points then rather than 49 for us.

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-one/21-february-2016/

I guess it's an old saying but take each game as it comes.

Let's take each game as it comes. Seven points from relegation atm. Keep the run going who knows... All I do know is that we are light years away from the late Brown era...

Yep. We are going to win every game that's left to play.
We will make the play offs.
We will win the the qualifying rounds and go to Wembley.
We will then win the play off final 2-0 and get promoted to the championship.
We will then start the new season in our new ground.
How is this possible, because
In Chrissy Powell we trust.
**** YER.

Going to run out of games I think, but fancy us for top 10 finish.

Bury away on Tuesday night will be a very different football match to the last 3 games, away to bottom of the league team with only c200 blues fans, difficult to generate the same kind of atmosphere as the last 3, things could come down back to earth with a bang!

No way we will make the playoffs but i will be happy to avoid relegation and allow SCP to start a again next season,what i was thinking earlier is during the off season what positions will he be looking at to strengthen,seems when Woody Wright ,keirnan,White and Mantom are fit again,that being that we have an option to sign Mantom off course and Harrison for that matter ,seems tome we are pretty well off.

Back