• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who is your player of the year?

• Mark Oxley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ted Smith

• John White

• Michael Timlin

• Will Atkinson

• Stephen McLaughlin

• Jermaine McGlashan

• Marc-Antoine Fortune

• Theo Robinson

• Total voters
I am surprised that there has been no mention of Fortune or Atkinson.

Fortune comes on as sub and is up to speed with the game immediately. Play him from the start and he works his socks off and is effective, dangerous and exciting to watch.

Atkinson has been a very important member of the midfield since he came back into the side and that has coincided with the team improving and moving up the league table.

I agree with Atkinson, he would be on my shortlist 100%. Very hard to pick as we have had so many players do well this season. I'm really struggling to narrow it down to 5 let alone pick a winner!

Cox for me is different class and works so hard for the team. His form since Boxing day is a leading factor in our rise, if he keeps it up over the rest of the season he will walk to 20!

Cox if he carries on current form. At his best he is streets above everyone else ability wise. At the moment I'd say Lenny

Its a hard one, I think you could equally give it to four or five players which is good as it shows how solid we are as a team :thumbsup:

Leonard, Cox, Wordsworth, Ferdinand, McLaughlin are the top ones for me. Thompson not far off.

Think OBL is the only one to have mentioned Wordsworth so far, but look at how his return from injury coincided with our return to form and he's our second top goal scorer.

I could also have considered Oxley - from being seen as being near to useless The Ox then shows what he is capable of.

And I would have put Ranger's name in the hat only a couple of weeks ago but perhaps that is best left to other threads.

So I think I have narrowed my choice down to a shortlist of ..........

Ferdinand
Thompson
Leonard
Wordsworth
McLaughlin
Atkinson
Fortune
Cox

It's much easier when most of the team play badly ..................................:'( :omg: :omg:

A fair point on Atkinson. I'd love to see some analysis on our points per game with and without him in the side. I'm sure that if you look at all our good runs under Brown he would be in the side.

Ferdinand
Leonard
Cox

But as others have said, there are many others players who have had good seasons so far.

Doesn't the POTY normally leave straight after they get the award.... If so, I'll give it to Jason Williams (nothing personal)

Last edited:
Not sure I can get behind POTY for Atkinson, but he'd definitely win 'most improved' if there is that option.

Not sure I can get behind POTY for Atkinson, but he'd definitely win 'most improved' if there is that option.

Sorry, Tommo also get my vote for 'most improved player' if there is such an award.

As others have said, the fact that we are nominating so many players is demonstration of the strength and performance of the team/squad as a whole. Let's hope there are a few more names added by the end of the season.

Thommo would win that, for me.

POTY if given out now would be Ferdy, with Cox second and Lenny third.

I genuinely can't pick an individual yet. and if the team continue like they are playing, I doubt I still will be able to by the end of the season.

There must be at least 6 players so far that deserves that award. all for different reasons, but ultimately for total commitment.

It would be a lot easier choosing "worst player of the season". But we are all on a rare "Happy Clappy" moment on here, so lets all put "shrimpermoan" on pause please & enjoy the moment.

Sorry, Tommo also get my vote for 'most improved player' if there is such an award.

As others have said, the fact that we are nominating so many players is demonstration of the strength and performance of the team/squad as a whole. Let's hope there are a few more names added by the end of the season.
Agree that Thompson has improved a lot this year but that was a continuation from last season too where he improved a lot. Atkinson's improvement for me has been much more dramatic and unexpected.

Fortune for me, with Wordsworth and Cox close behind.

So difficult this season though, but for me Fortune has been class and helps everyone in the team. Takes the pressure off the back four with his hold up play, a great outlet for the midfield and a perfect foil for his strike partner.

If this is his last hurrah, boy is he performing in front of an apprecitive audience and having a massively positive influence on those around him on the pitch.

He probably won't be a popular choice, but I think it's no coincidence that as he's got stronger we have picked up as a collective group.

If he doesn't get POTY, he gets my signing of the season for what it's worth.

Fortune for me, with Wordsworth and Cox close behind.

So difficult this season though, but for me Fortune has been class and helps everyone in the team. Takes the pressure off the back four with his hold up play, a great outlet for the midfield and a perfect foil for his strike partner.

If this is his last hurrah, boy is he performing in front of an apprecitive audience and having a massively positive influence on those around him on the pitch.

He probably won't be a popular choice, but I think it's no coincidence that as he's got stronger we have picked up as a collective group.

If he doesn't get POTY, he gets my signing of the season for what it's worth.

Yeah, wot he said.

Back