• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Players to stay / leave in the summer (if we're still in League 1)

Shoebury Blue

Schoolboy
Now, this may be a bit in advance of the end of the season but maybe, just maybe, it might be wise to start assessing the squad now so it can be moulded into a promotion challenging unit for next year!

So, IMO:

Sell - Revell (works hard but not enough goals), Betsy (no explanation needed), Foran (if we can find anyone to take him)

Will leave - Clarke

Bring in: 2 proven central defenders at this level, 2 wingers and a creative midfielder and 1 striker.

That would leave the following as the first 11 for next year:

Mildenhall

Francis (if he can rediscover his old form)
CB (new player)
CB (new player)
Herd

RM (new player)
Christophe / Grant
CM (new player)
LM (new player)

Freedman
Laurent

Subs: Joyce, Barrett, Moussa, Barnard, ST (new player)

With the money that came in for the Chelsea game plus the Bailey transfer fee (where did all that go!) there should be some money to strengthen.

Views??????????

Am I alone in getting very confused with steveo and Stevo? :unsure:

You've missed my mate off, he's not on either "list", and nor are quite a lot of other players.

Way too optimistic. If you think we'll pay Barrett what we do for 3rd choice or that he'd be happy with that then you're wrong. Tilson keeps saying we havent got a 3rd choice centre back due to no-one wanting to play 2nd fiddle.

Revell should stay, Freedman and Barnard out wouldn't matter much to me.

Maybe we should also include shrimperzone members that are off in the summer.

Am I alone in getting very confused with steveo and Stevo? :unsure:

You've missed my mate off, he's not on either "list", and nor are quite a lot of other players.

Yeah apologies for the choice of name, did not realise 'Steveo' already existed! Im presuming you mean Macca as your mate, and the reason he was left off is because i dont think a decision should be made on him just yet, along with the other players i missed off. i think Macca could have a massive part to play in the squad, providing his fitness returns soon and the commitment starts being displayed again

i would

GK:

mildenhall(sell or free transfer)
joyce(release)
masters(keep as reserve gk)

def:

francis(keep)
clarke(will not resign)
barrett(keep)
herd(keep)
sankofa(not sure)

mid

grant(keep)
moussa(keep)
macca(keep)
betsy(release)
scannell(keep)
christophe(keep)
okeefe(keep)

fwd

freedman (keep)
barnard(keep if prove his fitness)
walker(keep)
laurent(keep think he will be main striker next season)
revell(hardest working striker ive seen keep)
ademeno(loan)
foran(release for a fee if possible)
furlong(retire plz)

my matchday sixteen;

gk new player

rb new player
cb new player
cb barrett
lb new player

rm new player
cm macca
cm christophe
lm new player(r,kanu plz)

cf revell
st laurent

subs
freedman
masters
moussa
francis
grant

Last edited:
Sell or release mildenhall betsy foran herd clarke francis furlong revell

Sell Herd? You really do not know anything about football do you?

Yes, we will sell him in 3-4 years time for several million to one of the big clubs as that kid is going to be a star.

Pathetic posting as Herd has been one of the few success stories of the season.

Sell Herd? You really do not know anything about football do you?

Yes, we will sell him in 3-4 years time for several million to one of the big clubs as that kid is going to be a star.

Pathetic posting as Herd has been one of the few success stories of the season.

Couldnt agree more.... Herd is very promising and you clearly known very little about football.

Pathetic suggestion!

Why dont we sell Laurent, Barrett, JFC and others because they are all talented?

Have we won a game with Herd in the team?

Don't kid yourselves he's got no more than potential, and lacks height, muscle, stamina and the ability to defend. Sounds like a superb left back to me.

My little sisters got potential if we train her up, but she shouldn't be anywhere near the first eleven. Likewise

Have we won a game with Herd in the team?

Don't kid yourselves he's got no more than potential, and lacks height, muscle, stamina and the ability to defend. Sounds like a superb left back to me.

My little sisters got potential if we train her up, but she shouldn't be anywhere near the first eleven. Likewise

This is either a wind up or you are very stupid. Probably a bit of both I feel.

Sell or release mildenhall betsy foran herd clarke francis furlong revell

I'd rather not release any of them. Clarke will leave in the summer. Mildenhall could be a good back-up next season if we get a better keeper in. Sell Betsy, Foran, Furlong and Revell. Francis and Herd are good players, and we need to keep them. I would nt mind if we sold Barnard and/or Freedman. They are good players but get injured too much and they are on high wages for players that rarely play!

Here is what i think will happen to our current squad in the summer:-

Staying put

Mildenhall
Joyce

Francis
Barrett
Herd
Sankofa
Clarke (if we can get him to sign)

Moussa
Mccormack
Grant
Cristophe
Scannell
O'Keefe

Laurent
Freedman
Revell
Ademeno
Barnard

Leaving

Betsy (Sell him)
Foran (Release)
Furlong (Release)
Walker (Sell him)

Buys

1 versitile defender
2 creative wingers
1 striker that can stick the ball in the net.

Most of them can go in my book.

I would keep.

GK - Mildy
DF - Francis, Herd, Clarke, Barrett (Except think Clarke will leave and maybe Francis)
MF- Macca, Christophe, Moussa,O Keefe
AT- Barney, Laurent, Freedman.

Anyone else is not up to scratch in my book and can go if clubs can be found.

Back