• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pointless Trivia List

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
Whilst enroute to Accrington last night, in an effort to break up the tedium of motorway travel TB, Olli, Jiggens and i were trying to "out trivia" each otherwith various football facts you mostly didnt know, and certainly didnt care about then or now

Anyway i thought i'd stumbled upon a blinder in how many football team names also start with a persons name (stick with me on this, please) i boasted there was at least a dozen but after being pressed teased and bullied i suddenly realised i could think of only 2 and to everyones mirth i was forced into embarrassed silence

Undeterred i'm back and can confirm there are 24 such teams, some obvious and some a bit obscure

I'll kick off with a couple to help you along just Copy and Paste post 2 in this thread and see if you can get them (no cheating obviously !!!)

1 LEE (Leeds United)
2 STEVE (Stevenage)
3 PETER (Peterborough United)
4 ASTON (Aston Villa) that muppet from JLS is called Aston.

Last edited:
Whilst enroute to Accrington last night, in an effort to break up the tedium of motorway travel TB, Olli, Jiggens and i were trying to "out trivia" each otherwith various football facts you mostly didnt know, and certainly didnt care about then or now

Anyway i thought i'd stumbled upon a blinder in how many football team names also start with a persons name (stick with me on this, please) i boasted there was at least a dozen but after being pressed teased and bullied i suddenly realised i could think of only 2 and to everyones mirth i was forced into embarrassed silence

Undeterred i'm back and can confirm there are 24 such teams, some obvious and some a bit obscure

I'll kick off with a couple to help you along just Copy and Paste post 2 in this thread and see if you can get them (no cheating obviously !!!)

Is this just the 4 English divisions?

1 LEE (Leeds United)
2 STEVE (Stevenage)
4 ASTON (Aston Villa)
5 EVE (Everton)
6 PRESTON (Preston North End)
7 GILL (Gillingham)
8 BRAD (Bradford)
9 MAC (Macclesfield)

1 LEE (Leeds United)
2 STEVE (Stevenage)
4 ASTON (Aston Villa)
5 EVE (Everton)
7 GILL (Gillingham)
8 BRAD (Bradford)
9 MAC (Macclesfield)
10 CHARL (Charlton)
11 LU (ton)
12 COL (chester - can't believe no-one else got that!)
13 LIV (erpool)
14 CARL (isle)
15 CHELSEA (Hah! My friend's daughter's name is spelt this way!)
16 ARSEN (al) worth a go!
17 WREX (ham)

1 LEE (Leeds United)
2 STEVE (Stevenage)
4 ASTON (Aston Villa)
5 EVE (Everton)
7 GILL (Gillingham)
8 BRAD (Bradford)
9 MAC (Macclesfield)
10 CHARL (Charlton)
11 LU (ton)
13 LIV (erpool)
14 CARL (isle)
17 WREX (ham)

18. Wat(ford)

Hey - if it's good enough for Wat Tyler, then it's good enough for all revolting peasants. :cool:

1 LEE (Leeds United)
2 STEVE (Stevenage)
4 ASTON (Aston Villa)
5 EVE (Everton)
7 GILL (Gillingham)
8 BRAD (Bradford)
9 MAC (Macclesfield)
10 CHARL (Charlton)
11 LU (ton)
13 LIV (erpool)
14 CARL (isle)
17 WREX (ham)

Charl? Surely just an abbreviation of Charles.
Col, same, but for Colin
Lu? Surely Lou?
Arsene, isn't it Arsene?
Wrex? Rex maybe, but Wrex?

Nice try, but cheating surely? :winking:

Last edited:
Charl? Surely just an abbreviation of Charles.
Col, same, but for Colin
Lu? Surely Lou?
Arsene, isn't it Arsene?
Wrex? Rex maybe, but Wrex?

Nice try, but cheating surely? :winking:
I agree on Charl and Lu (they weren't mine!!!) and Arsen, but think the others are ok, I mean the W in Wrexham is a silent one and a lot of the others are abbreviations so Col and Liv ought to be fine! Got another one though...

DONcaster

oooo....and

CRYSTAL Palarse....are we allowing QUEENs Park Rangers??!

Last edited:

Wiggins!!! not Jiggens....... Jiggens is somebody else :)

Back