• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Police last night.

DTS

The Business
Was drinking in the coach and horses last night from about 5.30 onwards. It was no hassles at all - Generally a really good atmosphre as it was full of Southend.

Go the leave the whole that is C&H about 7.25pm as did a number of others fans and found our way blocked by police/ We were then locked in with no explanation for 10-15 mins before being frog marched down to the ground. The could have been no more than 100 blokes in our group and yet we had about 75 police including some in full riot gear and mounted police.Finally let into ground after going through 2 searches under section 60 which when one bloke asked a copper what that was was told to look it up himself..!!!

Same thing in the ground entire back row filled with riot police.
And all down Leyton High Road on the way home with Riot Vans everywhere.

Having been to orient for every Southend game since god knows when cant belive it warranted according to Spooner 120 police to monitor a crowd of 500 blues fans.

Anyone know the reason for this overkill...Police Overtime in run up to xmas maybe or has Bin Laden moved to the Taliban controlled Leyton area...?
rock.gif

What do you expect from the Police especially up there.

The riot ones looked more up for a row than anyone there and it seems football is their excuse to take liberties with people and generally act as bully boys. Don't get me wrong a few coppers are ok and play by the rules but most of them haven't got a clue about anything and only wen't into the force because they are weak and were probably bullied at school.

wouldnt let me have a wee so they pinned me to the wall, bit stong?

Thanks to our friendly Met Police force, a friend of mine was cuffed and taken to Barkingside police station for...................

swearing

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Dec. 08 2004,10:12)]wouldnt let me have a wee so they pinned me to the wall, bit stong?
That is ridiculous. Surely you have a basic human right to be able to go for a whizz.

What did you do in the end?

The police were a disgrace. Stopping Men, Women and Children from using the toilet, then when people moaned having them up against a wall, arms up the back style.....

Something must be done about it

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Dec. 08 2004,10:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Dec. 08 2004,10:12)]wouldnt let me have a wee so they pinned me to the wall, bit stong?
That is ridiculous.  Surely you have a basic human right to be able to go for a whizz.

What did you do in the end?
It's football mate, you get treated like a second class citizen and treated like a hooligan by those bastards. plus it's a few brownie points back at the station nicking a football fan.

The tit head who nick my mate was a col u fan, and thats why he was cuffed all the way to the station, I wouldnt of believed him but his sitting at work with two red rings round both wrists
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rusty Lee @ Dec. 08 2004,10:26)]Thanks to our friendly Met Police force, a friend of mine was cuffed and taken to Barkingside police station for...................

swearing
If it was the same fella I saw getting nicked, he walked straight up to a line of coppers and shouted 'you're all a bunch of f**king pr*cks'.

You're never gonna get away with that.

Oh, and it wouldn't have been the polices decision to stop people going to the toilet, it would have been the security at Orient. It may have been with the polices recommendation, but the decision lies with the security. The police were just enforcing this (although arguably, heavy handedly).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Dec. 08 2004,10:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rusty Lee @ Dec. 08 2004,10:26)]Thanks to our friendly Met Police force, a friend of mine was cuffed and taken to Barkingside police station for...................

swearing
If it was the same fella I saw getting nicked, he walked straight up to a line of coppers and shouted 'you're all a bunch of f**king pr*cks'.

You might do if you say it in dog ' wookf woof woof wooof woof woof woof pant woof wooooooofff

[b said:

You're never gonna get away with that.[/QUOTE]
It wasn't actually the bloke who called all of the coppers a bunch of f**king pr*cks who got arrested. he got away, the bloke they arrested was his mate who stood in front of the police to stop them going after him as he ran out of the ground and in to the streets.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (keir_smith @ Dec. 08 2004,11:37)]
[b said:

It wasn't actually the bloke who called all of the coppers a bunch of f**king pr*cks who got arrested. he got away, the bloke they arrested was his mate who stood in front of the police to stop them going after him as he ran out of the ground and in to the streets.[/QUOTE]
Ah yes, 'cos that you're going to get away with....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rusty Lee @ Dec. 08 2004,11:49)]Which he did
laugh.gif
Well, yeah, but you know what I mean, only after a few strong words from quite a few bored, cold coppers.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (one flew over the cockles nest @ Dec. 08 2004,11:21)]
[b said:
[b said:

swearing

You might do if you say it in dog ' wookf woof woof wooof woof woof woof pant woof wooooooofff
I am the only one who speaks dog around here Cockatoo.

I've gotta admit it did seem as if Ken Livingstone had decided to blow the police budget for the year last night.
One reason might be that i suspect theres no cctv in the ground at the moment the police control room was at the top of the demolished terrace, also of course there have been idiotic postings on boards from both sides threatening this and that which was bound to draw attention.
I think the arrangements for last night were awful we should have "displaced" some season ticket holders from the main stand to other parts of the ground (as we've done plenty of times before like last season giving you the terrace) then give you the couple of hundred tickets to save people just buying them in the home end its gonna be a sell out anyway so the clubs not gonna lose out.

Perhaps if certain people hadn't given it large on this board over the last few weeks, it would not have been so.

Back