• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Portsmouth FC vs Southend United

?
Surely people aren’t seriously wondering why hendrie didn’t play. Please. If he started he would’ve got torn a new one and you would’ve all been saying how he should never have started ??? jokers.

**** result but to be expected.
Bring on next week!

Dru's obviously injured. Give the lad a rest and a chance to return to something like full fitness. I know that few pro footballers are ever 100% fit and most carry injuries with them throughout their careers, but Dru seems crocked at the moment and a shadow of the player that he was. (Maybe that's a cunning plan; keep playing him while he's injured so that the scouts decide not to recommend a January offer for him......? If so, as Baldrick said, 'tis as cunning as a fox that used to be Professor of Cunning at Oxford University but has moved on and is now working for the U.N. at the High Commission of International Cunning Planning.

The highlight of the afternoon was listening to Victoria Polley's soothing voice.

Can she commentate our next game, please?

?
Surely people aren’t seriously wondering why hendrie didn’t play. Please. If he started he would’ve got torn a new one and you would’ve all been saying how he should never have started ??? jokers.

Bring on next week!

Hendrie has been playing well, so what makes you think he would get torn a new one?

It may not have affected the result, but you don't start your best centre back at right back and play White and Turner together.

?

Bring on next week!

He seemed to cope in the second half, why wouldn't he have been able to cope in the first?

He seemed to cope in the second half, why wouldn't he have been able to cope in the first?

Hendrie has been playing well, so what makes you think he would get torn a new one?

It may not have affected the result, but you don't start your best centre back at right back and play White and Turner together.

Hendrie has worked very hard for us.
He is just a weak link at the moment, he is lacking in confidence also - so he doesn’t need me talking ****ttttt about him ha. Because he’s edgy everything looks so unnatural and a struggle but he must have something he was worth money in the past. I don’t normally criticise players. I don’t like doing it because they’re all heroes to me!

Also, Powell has to preserve the players that we have.

I’m pretty sure when we had a fit side we were playing White Turner Moore as a three which is effectively what we were doing today by the looks of the line up. I wasn’t there.

So when we went 2-0 down Powell wanted to change and be a bit more attacking.

3 centre backs against a good side is effectively a back 5 because were forced to sit deep.

Do people forget that there are game plans in football and tactical decisions to be made its not just made up the night before.

UTB

We played 4-5-1, Onion.

Moore played right-back.

Hendrie came on at half-time to move Elvis to right-back and Moore to centre-half, because Turner tweaked a hamstring.

There was no noticeable change in system in the second half, but we played a lot better, which suggests players playing in their more natural position was a help.

I really thought the first 45 mins Pompey demonstrated why they are top.
Everyone knew including CP that we play out quickly through our wingers. We start fast and then game manage our way to the final whistle.
We’ve lost once all season yet no fans of any side have said ‘wow, what a team’ ( maybe oxford and Peterborough). You’re fans are no different. Yet no one has stopped us playing this way.
The first half Curtis and Lowe ran at you and crossed you to death. 2-0 flattered you it really should’ve have been 5!
The 2nd half we knew what to expect. We ceeded ground and just played the game out without really getting ourselves into trouble.
Southend have players missing and need them back.
Good luck for the rest of the season guys.
Great turnout btw

Fair play for your balanced report Pompeyinpeace. It's about time Pompey got back up into the top two divisions.

Injuries gave killed us but we need to stop licking our wounds and regroup. No one wants to go back to League 2, but if we continue our current form we're in danger of slipping into a relegation battle.

Back