• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Positives for next season

Trip to Bovington Tank Museum when we play Weymouth
Been there! Many moons ago. Be careful where you park though, imagine this on your insurance claim!

Cause of Damage - car squashed by an Iraqi T54 tank
Yeah, course it was!

Been there! Many moons ago. Be careful where you park though, imagine this on your insurance claim!

Cause of Damage - car squashed by an Iraqi T54 tank
Yeah, course it was!

Last went when I was a nipper in 1999. Remember the Tank Buster burger!

Of the two best teams promoted from the NL last season, in our games against them this season, our youth team got totally outplayed, as you would expect, but in what is arguably the worst Blues team in living memory, with PB at the helm we won every match against them! So let's be positive about what we could achieve next season, if, as PB was quoted as staying, with a competitive budget to put a squad together at NL level to make a challenge to get back at the 1st time of asking, with a competent CEO and footballing management team together, this could, just could, be a reality.

After all PB's five games with players MM had an appalling win rate with, PB tactics has us comfortably mid table form wise in L2!

Of the two best teams promoted from the NL last season, in our games against them this season, our youth team got totally outplayed, as you would expect, but in what is arguably the worst Blues team in living memory, with PB at the helm we won every match against them! So let's be positive about what we could achieve next season, if, as PB was quoted as staying, with a competitive budget to put a squad together at NL level to make a challenge to get back at the 1st time of asking, with a competent CEO and footballing management team together, this could, just could, be a reality.

After all PB's five games with players MM had an appalling win rate with, PB tactics has us comfortably mid table form wise in L2!
Apologies if I've misunderstood but we beat both Barrow and Harrogate under MM so I don't know what your point is.

Apologies if I've misunderstood but we beat both Barrow and Harrogate under MM so I don't know what your point is.

Sorry Chris, a bit hungover when I wrote that earlier lol.....so we did, apologies for my error, clearly incorrect.

The positive I meant is, we beat both the promoted clubs, opening game with a youth team aside, with a team that has been labelled by many as the worst in our history. They [Harrogate and Barrow] were the best of last season's NL, getting promoted, so if we gear up properly for next season, we can hopefully make a challenge to get back in the league, if the budgets and footballing management is in place.

Sorry Chris, a bit hungover when I wrote that earlier lol.....so we did, apologies for my error, clearly incorrect.

The positive I meant is, we beat both the promoted clubs, opening game with a youth team aside, with a team that has been labelled by many as the worst in our history. They [Harrogate and Barrow] were the best of last season's NL, getting promoted, so if we gear up properly for next season, we can hopefully make a challenge to get back in the league, if the budgets and footballing management is in place.

MM was in charge of our victories over Harrogate (March) and Barrow (January) so if he is such a poor manager as many claim then we should stroll through the National League with a better manager. PB has done well to make us a more attacking and positive outfit, but his selection and tactics against Colchester were hopeless - just see the match thread to see how fans reacted to the team selected before kickoff.

Big positive thing we win the national league and get promoted

Hindsight is a wonderful thing

How's Sol doing?

I expect Sol i reflecting on a highly successful career as a England international, playing at the highest level for his entire career.. As you know I enjoyed his spell as SUFC manager. I enjoyed watching his teams.

I believe some of the young players he worked with benefitted a great deal from his time here.

Why do you mention it ?

I expect Sol i reflecting on a highly successful career as a England international, playing at the highest level for his entire career.. As you know I enjoyed his spell as SUFC manager. I enjoyed watching his teams.

I believe some of the young players he worked with benefitted a great deal from his time here.

Why do you mention it ?

You enjoyed seeing us getting relegated?

Bizarre.

The MM and Sol eras were remarkably similar. Both should have done better but they were both let down by an incompetent chairman who made the job harder than it needed to be

You enjoyed seeing us getting relegated?

Bizarre.

The MM and Sol eras were remarkably similar. Both should have done better but they were both let down by an incompetent chairman who made the job harder than it needed to be
I doubt he’ll come back and answer this one. I’m not sure how being rock bottom under Sol was much different to being second from bottom under Molesley. Both had embargoes to deal with. Neither exactly got the best shot.
Relegation to non league wouldn’t have occurred if we’d never been relegated from L1. By his logic, both managers should be equally rubbish.

As I was trying to sleep last night, the thought occurred to me. Next season is like a promotion of sorts.

We will be in the top tier of our level. Prem, if you like.

We will be in the division so many below us aspire to.

Knowing our luck, we'll get relegated to League 2 in our first top flight season.

Well, that's how I've decided to look at things anyway.

I can think of two positives, 1) If you get to the ground early enough you might get a game, and 2) If you’re running late they probably won’t kick off until you get there.

As I was trying to sleep last night, the thought occurred to me. Next season is like a promotion of sorts.

We will be in the top tier of our level. Prem, if you like.

We will be in the division so many below us aspire to.

Knowing our luck, we'll get relegated to League 2 in our first top flight season.

Well, that's how I've decided to look at things anyway.
You’ve been sitting in the sun ☀️ to long over here it’s a relegation and it is cold and miserable.

Back