• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Positives for next season

Ron wake up and smell the coffee .We need new investment a CEO would be a good start .WEneed a strong manager find thee budget to keep phil brown .Find the money to bring in players who will ware the heart of southend on there chest .Not a bunch of has beens .

1 - Phil Brown retained as manager
2 - Steve Tilson in as assistant
3 - Stan Collymore as an advisor at board level / DoF
4 - CEO appointed
5 - Ron Martin nowhere near the footballing side of the Club
6 - Keep on Egbri, Rush, Clifford, Hobson, Elvis and possibly Cordner

I would add Hart to your list - he is one who has given his all in recent games.

In the National League we will need strong players - any Scott Quigley's hanging around? - so maybe we need to retain John White and Greg Halford. I assume that Clifford and probably Acquah too will be picked up by L2 clubs.

Being able to go.
I can't coz I've got a 3 month old daughter, but even the prospect of being able to go again stirs my heart. I'm a Southend fan. I'm not here for glory. It's my team no matter what. Being able to go, being able to stand, holding a beer and watching my team. That's what matters.

Before we get too depressed lets find some positives for next season.

IF planning is approved RM will have to back the manager.

We have some youngsters who could do well in the NL and we should be able to start our plans early for getting out of that division.

Oh and most importantly we can go back to watching football in person

One thing that seems apparent is that the Brown, Duncan and Fagan managerial team has worked reasonably well in the last five games. I think they all like and respect each other, and PB publicly said he was willing to take their advice over Matt Rush. A priority if Southend is going to hit the ground running in the National League is to get the managerial team finalised for next season within the following two weeks.

I would add Hart to your list - he is one who has given his all in recent games.

In the National League we will need strong players - any Scott Quigley's hanging around? - so maybe we need to retain John White and Greg Halford. I assume that Clifford and probably Acquah too will be picked up by L2 clubs.
If Acquah gets a League club, I'll quit following football forever.

Halford is done. Way too slow

Love all this about which players etc. We are now Non-League - everyone of our squad will be looking to stay in the league so we do not really have any options other than those Happy to play non - league I.e. Too old or not good enough! Do we really want to keep them??

Love him or hate him, we probably have a manager in place for next season. Important that PB hits the ground now, sorting out who is staying and his targets for the next campaign.
I wouldn’t say I love or hate PB, quite indifferent to him but I hope I start to love him again!

I am inclined to agree and we should sort his contract out ASAP so he can plan his team for next season, the opposite to this season basically. The alternative is Ron takes three months to recruit someone else and we just repeat the farce all over again.

One thing that seems apparent is that the Brown, Duncan and Fagan managerial team has worked reasonably well in the last five games. I think they all like and respect each other, and PB publicly said he was willing to take their advice over Matt Rush. A priority if Southend is going to hit the ground running in the National League is to get the managerial team finalised for next season within the following two weeks.
Even allowing for the many doubts I have about PB, I'm quite happy to see a managerial team of Brown, Duncan and Fagan for next season. Following all the upheavals, we desperately need a bit of stability that I believe those in place can provide. Preparation for next season starts NOW!

Acquah should be aiming for championship if you ask me, championship Fukin manager at home after his shift at McDonald’s finishes.

Even allowing for the many doubts I have about PB, I'm quite happy to see a managerial team of Brown, Duncan and Fagan for next season. Following all the upheavals, we desperately need a bit of stability that I believe those in place can provide. Preparation for next season starts NOW!
Absolutely spot on Yogi,whoever is our manager this needs sorting out asap no delay.They need the maximum time to sort out who is staying and build a squad for next season.Make no illusions this league will be tough as only 1 up automatically we need to give it our best shot starting now

With Fagan moving up, Tilly as U23 manager/chief scout.

Keep Rob Howard, he was King one of King Lynn best player, I have watched KL game just once with Rob Howard bombing down the right side and whip in excellent cross for their strikers.

Is he a right back or a right midfielder? If it's the former than that would be handy because I don't think Elvis will be staying.

With Fagan moving up, Tilly as U23 manager/chief scout.

Yeah, Tilly said there was loads of local talent. Challenge extended. Offer him a position Ron and go find it Tilly.

Back