• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Positivity thread (no moaning allowed)

We could have snow on Monday and I can build a snowman and kick the sh.. out of it imagining it’s MM or RM. ☃⛄

Maybe the manager could set up 11 snowmen in training to practice set pieces or a match against?

Final Score: Snowmen 1 ⛄ Southend Utd 0

Molesley:“We were ever so unlucky to lose against them, I felt their goalkeeper had an unfair advantage wearing the top hat.
We was biding out time waiting for the thaw to set in but it never came & Whitey came off with a frozen shoulder. Also thought Macca was unlucky being given a red for kicking their player in the snow balls. We move on..”

Last edited:
Maybe the manager could set up 11 snowmen in training to practice set pieces or a match against?

Final Score: Snowmen 1 ⛄ Southend Utd 0

Molesley:“We were ever so unlucky to lose against them, I felt their goalkeeper had an unfair advantage wearing the top hat.
We was biding out time waiting for the thaw to set in but it never came & Whitey came off with a frozen shoulder. Also thought Macca was unlucky being given a red for kicking their No. 8 in the snow balls. We move on..”
‘We didn’t have the right moments today and their movement gave us loads of problems’

Not many games left and a hopefully a squad turnover upcoming. Imagine a Timlin, Adam or Lenny type in the next crop ?

I know next season won’t be much fun in the NL but the majority of the team will be a new set of players with different attitudes. A brand new team of mostly non-league players playing for a big side ( in NL standards ) chasing to get in the league. As we will be one of the bigger sides we will hopefully attract some of the better non-league players also. Some of these players in the team next year will have never played in the league before. We may actually see some players who give a damn about playing for this great club. Never a guarantee to go up I know but at least it should be an improvement over the last couple of years....... hopefully.

I know next season won’t be much fun in the NL but the majority of the team will be a new set of players with different attitudes. A brand new team of mostly non-league players playing for a big side ( in NL standards ) chasing to get in the league. As we will be one of the bigger sides we will hopefully attract some of the better non-league players also. Some of these players in the team next year will have never played in the league before. We may actually see some players who give a damn about playing for this great club. Never a guarantee to go up I know but at least it should be an improvement over the last couple of years....... hopefully.

Sorry, you’ve failed to sell it to me.

If at the start of next season and we are in the NL and we still have the same management team I think we know Ron has lost interest in the club and is working to maximise his profits from the property side and the club can go and hang. ☹️

This is supposed to be the Positivity thread so well done for sounding so positive. Not so sure myself but I remember a Tranmere (I think) fan saying that the three seasons they spent in the NL were actually quite enjoyable. I wonder......I suppose the point is they were only there for three seasons and we're winning lots of games.

Don’t think Rooney will make that bad of a manager.

Anyhoo, to a positive: if you get at least a point at the Sheep, it’s unlikely that either they or Orient will be the ones to relegate you.

Nobody will have relegated us except ourselves, and perhaps Alex Fisher.

We need a totally clean sweep for that to happen and for us to only look at players who know what non league is about ie not older injury prone lads looking for a last payday.

I’ll not be sad to see the back of a lot of the longer standing players not as they don’t try but because they’ve seen 3 years of failure and need to move on. I don’t think lack of effort has been the issue under Molesley. But whether he’s the man to take us forward and get us back up I’m unsure of after yesterday’s game. Yeah I was that annoyed but this is a positivity thread so ... let’s hope it’s a wake up call.

Whoever Ron trusts in, he needs to give them the tools for the job, I think now he really needs pressing on what his plans are to get us out the NL as that’s where we are going.

This is supposed to be the Positivity thread so well done for sounding so positive. Not so sure myself but I remember a Tranmere (I think) fan saying that the three seasons they spent in the NL were actually quite enjoyable. I wonder......I suppose the point is they were only there for three seasons and we're winning lots of games.

thanks. My view is not necessarily a definite belief but is a possibility in my mind, however naive I may be being.

My best mate supports Doncaster ( which was fun for me last season ) and in the late 90’s I used to watch them sometimes with him especially in the season they were relegated to non league with a record that makes us look positively decent this year. Upon relegation they had a massive clear out of the dross that saw them drop out the league and signed numerous experienced non league players desperate to play league football and play for a big club by non league standards. They did take 2 or 3 seasons to return but made it back with plenty of passion from their squad along the way that was adored by their fanbase. A newly appointed decent owner helped things of course !!

thanks. My view is not necessarily a definite belief but is a possibility in my mind, however naive I may be being.

My best mate supports Doncaster ( which was fun for me last season ) and in the late 90’s I used to watch them sometimes with him especially in the season they were relegated to non league with a record that makes us look positively decent this year. Upon relegation they had a massive clear out of the dross that saw them drop out the league and signed numerous experienced non league players desperate to play league football and play for a big club by non league standards. They did take 2 or 3 seasons to return but made it back with plenty of passion from their squad along the way that was adored by their fanbase. A newly appointed decent owner helped things of course !!
This is what I’ve said, it doesn’t necessarily mean disaster, it could be a fresh start but we need a total clearout. It could unite the fanbase and get us going again as a club, let’s face it we’ve lost our way big time. There’s a wide held belief on here that it’ll be the end of us or we’ll keep spiralling downwards but other teams have recovered and returned stronger. Does that mean I want to go down? No, I’m bloody devastated by the prospect, it’s ****. But we’ve got to believe there’s better times ahead.

This is what I’ve said, it doesn’t necessarily mean disaster, it could be a fresh start but we need a total clearout. It could unite the fanbase and get us going again as a club, let’s face it we’ve lost our way big time. There’s a wide held belief on here that it’ll be the end of us or we’ll keep spiralling downwards but other teams have recovered and returned stronger. Does that mean I want to go down? No, I’m bloody devastated by the prospect, it’s ****. But we’ve got to believe there’s better times ahead.
I admire your optimism, if what seems the inevitable of relegation happens.
The last good example of team returning back to the football league, after a short time was Leyton Orient. They had plummeted down the league, due to a catastrophic owner who was eventually was removed and bought out by genuine and respected new owners. This happened in conjunction with a great fan campaign for his removal.
Leyton Orient took two seasons to return and had a fantastic manager(Justin Edinburg) R.I,P

Our financial situation is well documented and that, along with a big drop off in revenue undoubtedly will make that even worse.
There would have to be an excellent manager and back room staff to recruit the quality players needed to mount a promotion campaign. With the required players actually wanting to come to the club, which again would be a problem.
Sadly, I am certainly not optimistic as you. The Conference as we know is a very hard league to get out of with just one automatic promotion place.

I admire your optimism, if what seems the inevitable of relegation happens.
The last good example of team returning back to the football league, after a short time was Leyton Orient. They had plummeted down the league, due to a catastrophic owner who was eventually was removed and bought out by genuine and respected new owners. This happened in conjunction with a great fan campaign for his removal.
Leyton Orient took two seasons to return and had a fantastic manager(Justin Edinburg) R.I,P

Our financial situation is well documented and that, along with a big drop off in revenue undoubtedly will make that even worse.
There would have to be an excellent manager and back room staff to recruit the quality players needed to mount a promotion campaign. With the required players actually wanting to come to the club, which again would be a problem.
Sadly, I am certainly not optimistic as you. The Conference as we know is a very hard league to get out of with just one automatic promotion place.
Well, it could go either way and after 2 years of misery I hope that we’re due a good season. Will we bounce straight back? Possibly not but with the right staff/recruitment as you say, we’re a big club in a small pond there so that may attract players.

Further movement on the new ground might release more funds. Who honestly knows? This is the positivity thread so I’m trying to stay positive. There’s plenty of doom & gloom on other threads! I was guilty myself yesterday.

Back