• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What actions would YOU support?

• AGM. Get organised with serious questions.

Votes: 85 73.9%
  • Total Boycott of Burton Match

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Boycott 1st Half of Burton Match

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • Boycott 1st Game of NEXT Season

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • "Martin Out" Chanting DURING games.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • "Martin Out" Chanting BEFORE & AFTER games.

Votes: 32 27.8%
  • Red Card Protest

Votes: 25 21.7%
  • Sit In Protest for 30mins-1hr after Burton

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Sit In Protest for LONGER after Burton

Votes: 23 20.0%
  • Petition (online or otherwise)

Votes: 19 16.5%
  • Silent Protest after Burton

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Wear A Colour of Protest (to be decided)

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • March through town to ground before Burton

Votes: 15 13.0%
  • Facebook Campaign (SOS group has 6k members)

Votes: 16 13.9%
  • All turn backs on Directors Box

Votes: 18 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jedi Shrimper

formerly Drastic™
The 'Time for action NOW?' thread, no matter it's good intentions is becoming bogged down in arguments and discussions.

There have been a number of suggested courses of actions, but I think people need to see what courses of actions would have the most popular support.

I'm not trying to set myself up as any kind of leader, I can't even afford to go to games at the moment, just trying to make things clearer so people have something to work towards.

You can vote for as many options as you like.

EDIT: to be clear, I am simply collecting the various suggestions, these aren't necessarily my beliefs!

Last edited:
Voted for the 'sit in' as it was my idea, although I have to admit it was a bit tongue in cheek, and I meant SQUAT

I don't understand what these protests will achieve, I think Ron is aware everyone hates him, hence why he keeps trying to blame everyone else to get some sympathy. Ron knows everyone wants him out and he is refusing to budge, i want him out but protesting won't change that. The only things that will make him take notice would plunge us into more debt and would probably contribute to bringing us down quicker. Add that to the fact Ron wants to make money off the new stadium even if he did sell up he wouldn't give us FF so we'd be paying loads of rent, and he'd probably call in the loans Southend owe him back. Sorry that I'm being this cynical but I can't see what positive affect any protest would have.
Edit: can I change my vote from the rubbish fb group to the AGM questions, I didn't see that option for some reason

Before you organise any sort of protest, you need to work out what exactly it is you are protesting against and what exactly it is you are trying to achieve.

eg Are you protesting against the financial mismanagement or are you protesting about the increase in season ticket prices? Are you wanting cheaper tickets or more signings?

AGM first and if we don't like the answers all the other options should be considered.

To be fair (quoting Tilly) you and everyone else who have these concerns won't like any answers that Ron supplies anyway.

I'm no Ron lover and the things he has done aren't good, but he has done them, not to destroy SUFC, but to keep it going. Just my opinion after looking at the whole picture. It doesn't mean I agree with them all, just that I can understand why he did most of them.

Last edited:
To be fair (quoting Tilly) you and everyone else who have these concerns won't like any answers that Ron supplies anyway.

Your right we probably know the answers now, but its time for him to stop treating the fans as a collective bunch of idiots, believe me I'm to old for all this cobblers and I just want to support my team, but if we don't stand up and be counted now this maniac is on the verge of wrecking SUFC.

and on come the usual suspects, trying to frame their questions so that they look like they are all innocent, whereas really they cannot bear the thought of their beloved martin having jsut possibly done something wrong!! Martin not done things to destroy southend, have to disagree

Before you organise any sort of protest, you need to work out what exactly it is you are protesting against and what exactly it is you are trying to achieve.

eg Are you protesting against the financial mismanagement or are you protesting about the increase in season ticket prices? Are you wanting cheaper tickets or more signings?

Agree 100% with you YB. It is imperative that any protests have clear purposes known by all. In order to get large numbers these aims need to be fairly broad aswell.

Things like ticket price rises are pretty minor things in the big picture and from my own perspectives the main aims could or should include;-

- How deeply the fans feel the recent years of poor management of the club's affairs

- A New era of openess regarding the club's finances. We need to know exactly where we stand.

- A possible change of ownership or at the minimum new investment.

These are just quick idea's, aiming to keep things simple.

and on come the usual suspects, trying to frame their questions so that they look like they are all innocent, whereas really they cannot bear the thought of their beloved martin having jsut possibly done something wrong!! Martin not done things to destroy southend, have to disagree
When did anyone say Ron has done nothing to destroy Southend? Everyone knows he has done things wrong. Asking what the protest is going to or setting out to achieve does not mean people are defending Ron

I'm no Ron lover and the things he has done aren't good, but he has done them, not to destroy SUFC, but to keep it going. Just my opinion after looking at the whole picture. It doesn't mean I agree with them all, just that I can understand why he did most of them.

You have made yourself look pretty stupid. Ron has done a lot wrong, I have never said otherwise, but the reasons for why he has done them are unknown...Pure conjecture by yourself and others.

ooh touchy dwb, who said it was you I was referring to ?? but as it goes, I do think deep down you cannot see the harm he has inflicted on this club over the last 5 years. Your hatred for tilly and all that he and his team achieved is apparent for all to see, and I am really happy that you prefer sturrock, but your love for martin, i think we both no is deep down and embedded

ooh touchy dwb, who said it was you I was referring to ?? but as it goes, I do think deep down you cannot see the harm he has inflicted on this club over the last 5 years. Your hatred for tilly and all that he and his team achieved is apparent for all to see, and I am really happy that you prefer sturrock, but your love for martin, i think we both no is deep down and embedded

Purleeese. To suggest you were referring to anybody other than DWB infers stupidity upon every SZer. Give it a rest. Even on a thread for people to discuss protests against RM (something you'd think was right down your street) all you show yourself capable of doing is throwing insults at your fellow fans. Try being constructive for a change, it might suprise you.

Back