• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Possible Target

Lincoln Shrimp

First XI⭐
BBC Sport is reporting that transfer listed Charlton striker Chris Dickson is being targeted by both Gillingham boss Mark Stimson and a club in a higher league. He scored 11 in 14 appearances during a loan spell at the Gills last season. He would surely be an excellent signing and has pace to burn which is something we lack. If we could get Walker out of the door and get this lad in I would be chuffed!

Before anyone says it, Yes, I know a centre half is more of a priority..... but this is definitely a player who would "improve our squad"

seems strange that Charlton are cashing in on a decent youngster who is League 1 class... they'll be there next season!

Orients fans on FootballForums reckon its them he's about to sign for. Hopefully not before tomorrow.

Doubt it, managerless surely that wouldn't help their transfer plans unless Ling negotiated before he left. Come on Southend open that ****ing chequebook blow the moths away and spend some ****ing money before you regret it at the end of the season.

Would be a very good signing IF we was to offload Walker.

It's Orient. They're due to sign him this week.

According to an Orient insider, who is nearly always right with regards to transfers, Dickson was due to sign for them today. However, that was before Ling's departure, which may or may not have scuppered the deal.

really not very positive at all about the movement that will happen in january. feel i will be very dissappointed. possibly be a very tough 2nd part of the season for tilly me thinks.

He would be a great signing and I would hate to think if he is available (even on loan) that we wouldnt make a bid. These sort of players can turn a season around.

He was superb for Gillingham and when he went back to Charlton, he got back into their first team squad and was really highly thought of.

He was superb for Gillingham and when he went back to Charlton, he got back into their first team squad and was really highly thought of.

That was a year ago though .. anyone got stats for this season ??

Been sub 9 times this season ... no goals

Last edited:
That was a year ago though .. anyone got stats for this season ??

Been sub 9 times this season ... no goals

Thats against championship defences - he's proved he can do it in the lower leagues. Think he'd tear up this division.

Charlton may as well hang on to him and he can tear it up for them next season :D

:offtopic: I was speaking to a Charlton fan at the services on the way home on Saturday ... apparently "Nick Bailey isn't as good a player as Nick Bailey thinks he is"

Shame

:offtopic: I was speaking to a Charlton fan at the services on the way home on Saturday ... apparently "Nick Bailey isn't as good a player as Nick Bailey thinks he is"

Shame

Thats quite surprising, he always seems to do well when I watch the Championship and he's weighed in with quite a few goals...

Back