• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News *POSTPONED* Southend Utd vs Cambridge Utd 21st November 2020 15:00hrs FL2

What would be your starting 11 for Saturday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some very angry Cambridge fans on their Twitter page.

Putting a positive spin on it, we’d have lost anyway and it gives us more time to get players fit and hopefully get the embargo lifted. Any suggestion this was staged by SUFC, as if!! I’d be ****ed off if I was Cambridge I have to say.

More smoke and mirrors from Ron and the club ... I’m sure Cambridge have a closer view of what’s really going on, than you or I
The tests results are sent to the FA and are carried out by non club representatives as I understand, are you suggesting we are asking them to falsify results?

I would have thought after winning last week we would want to play

Last edited:
One of their lot suggesting they should be given the 3 points by default if we can’t fulfill the fixture!

Similar to how Scunthorpe have had to gift 3 teams the points for their games that were postponed?

Are they suggesting we play and allow Cambridge players get it to? Why not. Playing this match is essential, after all.

Chances are, they will win the rearranged fixture anyway so they really don't need to worry.

Several of their lot suggesting they should be given the 3 points by default if we can’t fulfill the fixture!

Well that’s not going to happen as Scunthorpe didn’t have too.

Several of their lot suggesting they should be given the 3 points by default if we can’t fulfill the fixture!
Can anyone see us being done by the EFL?

We have 10 pros and 2 keepers available, if they did hit us, then surely we have a case like Bolron’s last year as they got away with cancelling multiple games, somehow. This is obviously a different situation so can’t see how we can be done by the EFL, and also Scunthorpe didn’t get penalised they were told 3 games would be postponed

They can suggest what they like but with Covid involved I can’t see any chance of the EFL awarding them 3 points. Especially when other teams have had games postponed because of Covid and been allowed to play them.

Can anyone see us being done by the EFL?

We have 10 pros and 2 keepers available, if they did hit us, then surely we have a case like Bolron’s last year as they got away with cancelling multiple games, somehow. This is obviously a different situation so can’t see how we can be done by the EFL, and also Scunthorpe didn’t get penalised they were told 3 games would be postponed
I can't see us being reprimanded personally, just hope that there wasn't a window of notice to be given that we missed or something clerical. On the surface it's just to be rearranged for later in the season (when we are both mid table....)

I can't see us being reprimanded personally, just hope that there wasn't a window of notice to be given that we missed or something clerical. On the surface it's just to be rearranged for later in the season (when we are both mid table....)
I agree, was just asking, there is always a twist with us

Depends if we've followed EFL protocols in calling the match off. If we've unilaterally declared the match off that would seem a bit iffy.

Back