• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre match music at the hall--help needed

northbankblue

Hi im trying to put a cd together with all the pre match music from roots hall could any of you music buffs out there help me with the titles and artists.
Also any good ideas for any other 'in the mood for kick off tracks'
rock.gif
?
help would be much appreciated.
cheers chris
Also what was that goal celebration music that used to be played when we scored when Newman was manager?
rock.gif

I think Kernkraft 400 was the goal one, not sure though. The music played before the teams go out (apart from we will rock you) is called Bonero. Hope that helps.

celebration music was, i'm pretty sure, Zombie Nation by Kraftwerk 400 (also known as Kernkraft 400)

pre-match music should, in my opinion, be uplifting, so anything with a good beat to get the crowd going . . . 2 Unlimited's 'Get Ready for This' is a firm favourite

Without seeming to copy other clubs, and with a local connection, another suggestion would be 'Glad all over' by Dave Clark 5 (who originate from Basildon) - it's a bit older than 2 Unlimited (by about 20 years) but will definitely create a good buzz.

Al

[b said:
Quote[/b] (simply_blues @ Oct. 29 2005,21:43)]Without seeming to copy other clubs, and with a local connection, another suggestion would be 'Glad all over' by Dave Clark 5 (who originate from Basildon) - it's a bit older than 2 Unlimited (by about 20 years) but will definitely create a good buzz.
Yes, good, uplifting song, but surely that's one for a goal celebration rather than a pre-match build-up?

But anyway, it gives me miserable memories, as wasn't it that song that was blaring out at the Millennium Stadium when Blackpool won the LDV?

ghostface.gif

We had a brief spell with One Step Beyond by Madness as our goal celebration music and I'm sure the team has ran out to Parklife by Blur for at least a few games.....CI City Blue, what was the playlist when you were responsible for it mate?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Museshrimper @ Oct. 29 2005,21:40)]I think Kernkraft 400 was the goal one, not sure though. The music played before the teams go out (apart from we will rock you) is called Bonero. Hope that helps.
i think it's actually called Bolero and comes from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack . . . . it's an ok piece of music, but sadly a little overplayed now - time for something fresh, if not necessarily newer

more suggestions include Robbie Williams 'Let me entertain you' - Republica's 'Baby i'm ready to go' - Livin Joy's 'Don't stop moving' and my personal fave, Eiffel 65's 'I'm Blue' . . . . all got good tempos and would fit into any set

Al

[b said:
Quote[/b] (simply_blues @ Oct. 29 2005,21:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Museshrimper @ Oct. 29 2005,21:40)]I think Kernkraft 400 was the goal one, not sure though. The music played before the teams go out (apart from we will rock you) is called Bonero. Hope that helps.
i think it's actually called Bolero and comes from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack . . . . it's an ok piece of music, but sadly a little overplayed now - time for something fresh, if not necessarily newer
indeed it is, I believe it's from the end credits of said film. A few clubs seem to play it these days, though. (Fulham being one example)

We've been playing the same songs before the game for two and a bit seasons, agree it's time for a change.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (northbankblue @ Oct. 29 2005,22:26)]... what was that goal celebration music that used to be played when we scored when Newman was manager?
rock.gif
Wasn't it 'It's A Miracle" by Culture Club?

Is it true that Col Who ? use that hit from the 80 's by The Specials ... GHOST TOWN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
mad.gif
wink.gif

I seriously think that we shoud look for something unique like Wolves who play the Liquidator by Harry J allstars. For my two pennrth, I think we could do worse than any or all of the following uplifting tunes....

Stranglers - Go Buddy Go
Madness - Wings of a dove
EMF - Unbelievable (a bit obvious)
Terry Dactil & Dinosaurs - Seaside shuffle (I know that sounds cheesy, but I think it would work)

I am currently working on a Shrimpers rap (this will be a polished job) with my son who is a music tech student. I am hoping that I can get that played at the Hall, but only once you guys have approved it on here!

Every time this comes up I recommend the following

If the kids are united (United geddit?) by Sham 69

It's a classic

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperian @ Oct. 30 2005,14:22)]I seriously think that we shoud look for something unique like Wolves who play the Liquidator by Harry J allstars.  For my two pennrth, I think we could do worse than any or all of the following uplifting tunes....

Stranglers - Go Buddy Go
Madness - Wings of a dove
EMF - Unbelievable (a bit obvious)
Terry Dactil & Dinosaurs - Seaside shuffle (I know that sounds cheesy, but I think it would work)

I am currently working on a Shrimpers rap (this will be a polished job) with my son who is a music tech student.  I am hoping that I can get that played at the Hall, but only once you guys have approved it on here!
Liquidator is played at Chelsea, Wolves, West Brom and Yeovil so it's far from unique. It's been played at the first three since 1969 / 70 when it was originally first released and quickly became a classic with the original skins.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Oct. 29 2005,21:51)]We had a brief spell with One Step Beyond by Madness as our goal celebration music and I'm sure the team has ran out to Parklife by Blur for at least a few games.....CI City Blue, what was the playlist when you were responsible for it mate?
Dead right - when I first took over as the Matchday announcer the team did run out to Parklife, and Song 2 was played when we scored.

The run out music was then changed to Carnival de Paris, on the suggestion of the then Chairman, John Main.

I didn't like it.
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (northbankblue @ Oct. 29 2005,21:26)]Also what was that goal celebration music that used to be played when we scored when Newman was manager?
rock.gif
Celebration under Newman? We could advertise that CD, "hardly used".

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ Oct. 30 2005,20:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Oct. 29 2005,21:51)]We had a brief spell with One Step Beyond by Madness as our goal celebration music and I'm sure the team has ran out to Parklife by Blur for at least a few games.....CI City Blue, what was the playlist when you were responsible for it mate?
Dead right - when I first took over as the Matchday announcer the team did run out to Parklife, and Song 2 was played when we scored.

The run out music was then changed to Carnival de Paris, on the suggestion of the then Chairman, John Main.

I didn't like it.
down.gif
Well he ain't there now so why don't you change it to something else.

Paradise City, Guns N Roses, might get the blood pumping.

Back