• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Music - Freddie Le Grande

I quite enjoyed it. So bad it was brilliant.

In fact I'm listening to it right now.....

Alison Moyets " Blue" should be our song .....maybe remixed.....Dave is on the case ..:)

Blue Lyrics

Another northern sky
another motorway parade
another day like this
whatever will be will be
and we will be in Shrewsbury (do I have to go)

Do I have to go
Could I ever stay away
And you never know
Tonight our luck could change
And we'll be flying all the way (going all the way)
A late point and I'll be laughing
And Saturday won't seem so bleak
With you, Blue

Ever a stepping stone
Someone's Mickey Mouse affair
We're so unfashionable
But I'm not with you for your stylish hair
Or the seaside air (if we ever get there)
Tell me we've acquired a striker (Stanley)
And a lucrative sponsorship came through (on a free)
Will you, Blue
Can we not buy someone famous
And pull a crowd we can't contain at all
All true, Blue

Maybe we'll never tread the grass that grows around your feet
And you let us in for weighting tables like we live to feed
And not to eat (but we get a seat)
Three points and the living's easy
And every day's a Saturday
With you, true blue
Saturday

:)

Great shout John and i cannot beleive we do not play the only decent song ever written about Southend United before every game. I dont mean running out to it but surely this should be played religiously? The whole song embaces everything that is great about being a Shrimper!!!

Great shout John and i cannot beleive we do not play the only decent song ever written about Southend United before every game. I dont mean running out to it but surely this should be played religiously? The whole song embaces everything that is great about being a Shrimper!!!

I have sent the song to (Dave) Andy and he is going to do a Utube of it ...With some pics etc. So it will be a nice one for your Utube group to.

John.

Listened to this again as we came out for the second half please either ditch it completly or ditch the "United FC" bit as it is very bad!

Agreed, heard it last night and it's fooking shameful. I sit next to a Yeovil fan at work and they currently run out to Pirates of the Carib. theme tune (and previously the Gladiator one) - both sound better then the ****e we had last night.

Personally you can't go wrong with the theme tune from 'The Contender'.

Agreed, heard it last night and it's fooking shameful. I sit next to a Yeovil fan at work and they currently run out to Pirates of the Carib. theme tune (and previously the Gladiator one) - both sound better then the ****e we had last night.

Personally you can't go wrong with the theme tune from 'The Contender'.

If the club monitor this site to judge the mood of the fans some of us like it (alot), even heard some youngsters singing it on the way back to the car, my son likes it,so catching on with the younger fans?

And here it is Andy ...courtesy of Dave from SZFC....Great work Dave :D

Alison Moyet's "Blue":)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0867HGZVzrY

Just had a listen to this as never heard it before. Notwithstanding it is sungby a SUFC fan who is a good singer, would it really feel uplifting to hear this before each match, especially as the players run out? Which part would you extract for the 15 second window that is a jingle?

Can't see it working. Stic kwith what we've got.

Back