• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

President Donald Trump

Remaining in the EU...you would have been worried about your children's kids....what future would they have...overcrowded schools,hospitals over run,jobs going to immigrants(because we are told Brits don't want these jobs)unable to get on the housing ladder either buying or council,doc's surgeries in collapse .

Truth is this country is vastly overcrowded and cannot continue taking hundreds of thousands every year.

Citation needed on pretty much all of that.

Citation needed on pretty much all of that.

Common sense only required .

The more people with the same infrastructure results in overcrowding,that cannot be denied !

Last 10 years the population has increased by how many millions...3 maybe...4 million possibly.

Same period how many new schools and hospitals have been built ?

Common sense only required .

The more people with the same infrastructure results in overcrowding,that cannot be denied !

Last 10 years the population has increased by how many millions...3 maybe...4 million possibly.

Same period how many new schools and hospitals have been built ?

Well, how many schools and hospitals have been built?

No idea !

Probably not many.....to narrow down the search,how many built in Essex ?.......I cannot think of any new schools or hospitals,can you.
Glenwood have a new school being built on Montgomerie's land. It's an absolute monstrosity and so far away from the plans that were shown to local residents in an exhibition. It's taller and far closer to housing than what was originally envisaged. Plus it's about the ugliest building I've ever seen and yes, I have seen the lego buildings in Southend!

Since he was born in Iraq Conservative MP Nadhim Zahawi has been told by lawyers he would be denied entry into the US, which highlights how poorly thought out this ban is, the probability of a Tory MP secretly being a terrorist is pretty much zero. Mo Farah is also likely to be denied access since he was born in Somalia, and his family are currently living in America so he may not be able to see them. There's also a story of a Yale PhD student from Iran who traveled to Afghanistan as part of his research for his PhD that has now been told he's currently not allowed back in America. He's worried if this drags on he'll have to go back to Iran, where he isn't popular since he has been very vocal in the past about human rights violations Iran commits.

Zahawi was bleating this morning...Farrah has remained silent as far as I know which is very dignified.

The Beeb invited Zahawi on simply because it suits their narrative against Trump...They also had Farage on and he was

constantly bullied no matter what he said.

Mo has now put out a statement condeming the President's "ignorant and prejudiced" action.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/38788910

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”

I prefer Lou Reed's version "and I'll **** on them." :smiles:

"Give me your tired, your hungry and your poor
and I'll **** on them, That's what the Statue of Bigatory says"

Lou Reed- Dirty Boulevard (New York)

Perfect encapsulation of how cackhandedly this has been implemented in that concessions are already being made less than 48 hours in.

11580-the-statue-of-liberty-monument-pv.jpg

Can we have our statue back please?

the hysteria you speak of is aghast expressions of people who have kept up to date with what is happening rather than expressing opinions and then asking 'is Mo actually banned?' and equating the current situation to having speed bumps.

The same people who are against Trump on everything he does...how many were in "the rent a mob protests" ?

The media are falling over themselves in giving DT as much stick as possible....I cannot wait when the media begin "there are children under arrest at some airport".

Trump has to overcome the left wing political driven media outlets.

You need to stop biting mate, nobody takes her seriously
too true.
BBC announcing that the government are to ignore the 'state visit' petition. That system was set up by Cameron so not sure how that looks to ignore it, especially as it will soon hit a million signees. May is being judged on this and what was being touted as a successful trip has very quickly unraveled.

too true.
BBC announcing that the government are to ignore the 'state visit' petition. That system was set up by Cameron so not sure how that looks to ignore it, especially as it will soon hit a million signees. May is being judged on this and what was being touted as a successful trip has very quickly unraveled.

Hmmm 900,000 sign the petition...who are the 900k,I wonder !

Government cannot afford to upset Trump....too much money and jobs rely on him.

too true.

Going to be interesting to see how that plays out at PMQs (and elsewhere) this week (and in future).

Back