• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

President Donald Trump

His approval rate has never been above 45% and averages 37%. In other words, he isn't popular, not even with his own.

Again, take the shot.

Trump is undeniably bad but if that’s your solution what happens next?

Does it solve one problem but create many more? Look at Iraq post Saddam and the rise of ISIS. The unintended consequences can be many and worse.

Does it create a martyr, does it cause the alt-right gun-wielding nut-jobs to rise up against a coup? Do you want a country where the secret intelligence services are stronger than the democratically elected President? Or would the replacement use it to crack down on dissidents? Would Pence be an improvement or was Trump a figurehead and it would be a continuation, just with fewer tweets and less chance of impeachment?

The convictions of two close associates of Donald Trump made me laugh this week. The news media seemed to miss, or brush under the carpet the juicy bit of the news that Trump had two affairs(Probably had a lot more), and the women were paid off to keep quiet. They focused on everything else the two associates had done wrong. Now if it was Clinton, Obama, or any other US President, the two affairs thing would be absolutely massive and headline news everywhere. It would be the main story on our TV news. Because it's Trump, he's had affairs with women behind Melania's back, it's Donald Trump, it's expected, Lol.

I think the worrying thing was the Rudy Giuliani comments on "impeachment sparking revolt".

That's a dog whistle for orchestrated social unrest, if I ever I heard one.

If he’d said ‘the truth isn’t always the whole truth’ I might have had some sympathy. This asinine statement shows him up as a fool though.

Wasn't another line 'the truth isn't always the truth' What the hell does that mean?

I've kinda given up trying to make sense of what comes out of t he White House. I think the whole thing is a Vanity Project because Obama once publicaly slighted Donald at a dinner. That's why Trump is busy undoing everything Obama did and blaming him for everything. There isn't any real substance behind the actual politics other than making America Great Again means you can be nasty to foreigners and rip up all the diplomacy laws.

Wasn't another line 'the truth isn't always the truth' What the hell does that mean?

For example if the leader of a country says “Its a one of vote and the decision is final....you can’t go back”

If the result isn’t what you want. Then that truth is not the truth.

For example if the leader of a country says “Its a one of vote and the decision is final....you can’t go back”

If the result isn’t what you want. Then that truth is not the truth.

Yeah, wrong thread, back on topic, Trump's a corrupt, lying knob.

Bore off will you, no president in history has been investigated so soon into their term of office. He lies through his teeth everytime he opens his mouth and is being found out. You want to lick his racist, lying,corrupt, orange arse then crack on. Those of us with grey matter prefer not to.

Bore off will you, no president in history has been investigated so soon into their term of office. He lies through his teeth everytime he opens his mouth and is being found out. You want to lick his racist, lying,corrupt, orange arse then crack on. Those of us with grey matter prefer not to.

Almost as good as one of Trumps rants.

Come on Benfleet say what you really mean :Happy:

So you have been fooled by all the previous bought and paid for puppets.

Even the likes of Nixon was funded by Prescott Bush ( grandfather of George W )and his fellow Bones men.

They picked Nixon back in the 1940’s because he was already corrupt.

The reason the US voter rejected Hillary was because of the Clintons life time of corruption.

Plenty of stuff out there if you actually engage that grey matter for something more challenging than polishing your dealer boots

I'm reading a biography of LBJ atm.He doesn't seem to have been corrupt.Merely incompetent,unfortunately.

So you have been fooled by all the previous bought and paid for puppets.

Even the likes of Nixon was funded by Prescott Bush ( grandfather of George W )and his fellow Bones men.

They picked Nixon back in the 1940’s because he was already corrupt.

The reason the US voter rejected Hillary was because of the Clintons life time of corruption.

Plenty of stuff out there if you actually engage that grey matter for something more challenging than polishing your dealer boots

I'm reading a biography of LBJ atm.He doesn't seem to have been corrupt.Merely incompetent,unfortunately.

LBJ not corrupt....mmmm

The people who funded his career were connected to Halliburton. Probably why LBJ reversed JFK’s decision to scale down in Vietnam. He did wait until the day after the funeral.

Firms linked to Halliburton got all the contracts to build air bases and hospitals etc in Vietnam. Just like they did later on in Iraq and Iran. Like many candidate in the US he won the election claiming he wouldn’t send our boys to die overseas in 1964. Just line Obama he ramped up the war machine after.

Jackie Kennedy believed he was behind the assassination of he husband. It’s on tape but they are locked away unrtil 50 years after her death. Bobby Kennedy asked him “why did you have my brother killed” .....We would have probably found out if Bobby had won the election in 1968.

LBJ was the man who personally ordered the rescue teams back from the Israeli attack on the US Liberty.

Does it mention any of this in his biography?

LBJ not corrupt....mmmm

The people who funded his career were connected to Halliburton. Probably why LBJ reversed JFK’s decision to scale down in Vietnam. He did wait until the day after the funeral.

Firms linked to Halliburton got all the contracts to build air bases and hospitals etc in Vietnam. Just like they did later on in Iraq and Iran. Like many candidate in the US he won the election claiming he wouldn’t send our boys to die overseas in 1964. Just line Obama he ramped up the war machine after.

Jackie Kennedy believed he was behind the assassination of he husband. It’s on tape but they are locked away unrtil 50 years after her death. Bobby Kennedy asked him “why did you have my brother killed” .....We would have probably found out if Bobby had won the election in 1968.

LBJ was the man who personally ordered the rescue teams back from the Israeli attack on the US Liberty.

Does it mention any of this in his biography?

No, it's more balanced than the sort of conspiracy nonsense that you can easily find on the net.Though tbf some doubts are raised about his early days as a US Senator for Texas,,when he bought a local radio station for peanuts, knowing full well as a legislator, that it would soon be granted a rare (at the time) TV licence.That made him his first million.

Last edited:
Back