• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

President Donald Trump

And you know what will become of all this. Absolutely nothing, zilch. The despotic Saudi regime will find a few scapegoats to appease the mass media and government agencies. The continued protestations from the Turkish government will fall on international deaf ears and within weeks all will be back to normal. Yes there will be soundbites and platitudes coming from certain diplomatic circles but they will be just that, soundbites. The regime will NEVER be held to account over this. Sanctions, if they are imposed by any foreign government will be just enough to placate the international community, no more.

As has been proved time and time again over the last 60 years or more (911, countless past and continued human rights violations, state sponsored killings and much much more) the Saudi Royal Family and the regime in general holds all the cards (oil sales, billions of investment in the US economy and arms purchases to name just three) and they know it. If the Saudi Royal Family pulled it's personal and corporate money out of the US the ramifications would make the Great Depression look like a minor economic blip.

The West will do as it's always done with the Saudi regime, make all the rights sounds but ultimately look the other way and protect it's own economic, corporate and financial arse.

So first the Saudi's claim no harm came to Jamal Khashoggi. The Saudi king gave Trump assurances of this. Trump last week said he believed the king. Now they say he is dead and that a fight broke out and he died in an accidental struggle. Trump now says this version is credible, even tho he was lied to the first time.
Yes he died in a struggle, but it wasn't accidental as the Saudi's claim. Turkey have been spot on in all this so far. They say the struggle was when he was being stabbed to death by many men. Trump is making himself look even more silly by even remotely implying he now believes the second bull s story. But then we all know it's more about the Billions that the Saudi's spend on American weapons. They are the USA's number one customer.

Apart from the economic and political considerations, isn't Trump also thinking of his son-in-law Jared Kushner's close relationship to Moahammed Bin Salman?

So the Saudi's now admit Kashoggi was murdered in their Consulate, but now blaming it on a rogue operation. Yeah right. Will be interesting to see how Trump wriggles out of this one after backing the Saudi's blatant lies.

Not only Trump.I don't expect the UK to be ending arms sales to the Saudis any time soon. :Cry:

The number one country that western politicians are frightened to speak out against is Israel..., Saudi Arabia are number two.

Both just as dangerous but Israel have the advantage of press and media.

How many of you have heard of The ‘Samson optoin’.... I suggest you look it up as it may kill us all one day even if we arent at war with anyone.

Last edited:
Jamal Kashoggi latest: Turkey were meant to give the grim evidence of the murder to the world today, but have held back, probably as they still want a relationship with the Saudi's. The questions to the Saudi's seem to be giving them a chance to come clean and say what happened(the real version), so Turkey doesn't have to release the audio and video tapes. It also sounds like they have a witness statement from a double agent working in the Saudi embassy, and they don't want to expose him. If pushed and not happy with the Saudi response, Turkey will release the tapes. Officials say the recordings prove that Khashoggi was first set upon, dragged into a room, put on a large embassy table, tortured, stabbed, mutilated, injected with a sedative, and finally dismembered. Trump has finally changed his tune and is now condemning the murder.

The murder is henious enough, but the way it was done goes beyond anything imaginable. What an absolute barbaric country.

First rule of Fight Club:
Never hold it in a Saudi Arabian embassy.

Absoulutly nothing will happen to the Saudis over this. In a few weeks it will all be forgotten about. The turks are holding out for some sort of financial deal to make this all go away. Trump has more or less said business will carry on, at least he's honest there! The UK will carry on helping them to bomb yemen and supply them arms. People will carry on protesting about Brexit and ignore the Saudis and their brutal regime!

Absoulutly nothing will happen to the Saudis over this. In a few weeks it will all be forgotten about. The turks are holding out for some sort of financial deal to make this all go away. Trump has more or less said business will carry on, at least he's honest there! The UK will carry on helping them to bomb yemen and supply them arms. People will carry on protesting about Brexit and ignore the Saudis and their brutal regime!

Sadly, very true. In the end Money talks. The Saudis have a lot of it and we are quite happy to take that money for the 'greater' good.

Yep. This was Theresa May's response to that horrific murder.
Theresa May updated MPs about the UK diplomatic reaction to the death of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, saying the Saudi Arabian explanation was not "credible".

The suspects in the killing will not be able to enter Britain and any visas they held would be "revoked today", she said, adding that no ministers nor officials will be sent to Saudi investment conference.

Wow, I bet they're really upset about that punishment.
The correct response should have been to stop selling them weapons, but like you say, money talks. The same reason Trump tried to stick up for them until he couldn't any longer.

The situation is ridiculous and the level of hypocrisy is amazing. People will campaign against brexit and tommy robinson and claim fascism on the rise. The real fascists are hiding in plain sight they are called Saudis. When this new king was ushered in he celebrated by beheading 170 people. Where were the protests, no one says a word. Instead people moan about Donald Trump and how bad he is, has everyone forgotten about George w bush? The man who destabilised the middle east and as a result who knows how many have been killed.

The situation is ridiculous and the level of hypocrisy is amazing. People will campaign against brexit and tommy robinson and claim fascism on the rise. The real fascists are hiding in plain sight they are called Saudis. When this new king was ushered in he celebrated by beheading 170 people. Where were the protests, no one says a word. Instead people moan about Donald Trump and how bad he is, has everyone forgotten about George w bush? The man who destabilised the middle east and as a result who knows how many have been killed.
there were protests when the Saudis were in the UK, you were welcome to join them as everyone was.

Unfortunately,all the major European countries (the UK,France ,Germany,Spain) will continue to sell arms to despotic countries like Saudi Arabia.That doesn't mean that there shouldn't be protests against this.Labour's Shadow Foreign Secretary has made it quite clear that all future arms sales to Saudi Arabia will be ended.That is what I would expect a democratically elected Labour government to do.

there were protests when the Saudis were in the UK, you were welcome to join them as everyone was.

My point being that more people turned out to protest against trump than the Saudis. The Saudis seem far worse than trump. Has trump beheaded anyone yet, or flogged them.

My point being that more people turned out to protest against trump than the Saudis. The Saudis seem far worse than trump. Has trump beheaded anyone yet, or flogged them.
the reason being that the UK public feel they have an influence in the US - we are very similar culturally and with the political set up and feel that our actions can have impact there. With Saudi Arabia much less so.
The media take the same stance - Trumps visit was widely covered in the media yet the Saudi visit got very little advanced publicity. Most people will have been unaware of it.

But still, it loses validity if you are critical of others for not doing something you haven't done either.

the reason being that the UK public feel they have an influence in the US - we are very similar culturally and with the political set up and feel that our actions can have impact there. With Saudi Arabia much less so.
The media take the same stance - Trumps visit was widely covered in the media yet the Saudi visit got very little advanced publicity. Most people will have been unaware of it.

But still, it loses validity if you are critical of others for not doing something you haven't done either.

Why do you assume that I didn't protest?

In my first reply I said 'you were welcome to join them' - when you replied I would have thought 'I did' would have been in your reply if you did.

In order for me to have a point of view on a discussion forum do I need to turn up to a protest to make it valid?

In order for me to have a point of view on a discussion forum do I need to turn up to a protest to make it valid?
if you are going to criticise people in general for not doing something it's more valid if you are not 'guilty' of the same, or you point out that you are also critising yourself.

I would have thought that was standard procedure.

Back