• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fred or Tommo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry, as much as I appreciate what Freddy has done for the club over the years I now no longer see any value in him (he will now go on a rich vein of form scoring hat-tricks for fun).

I really think you (and others ) have missed the point of this thread, it was Freddy in his prime versus Tomlin...is that SO difficult to understand?

Freddy Eastwood the man who inspired us to consecutive promotions, scoring a hat-trick on his debut in stupid amount of time, ****ing on United, pulling in £1.5m and countless other moments we won't forget in a hurry...

Or Gavin Tomlin who has had 15 games and quite frankly 15 or so quite average...

Can see where you're going but King Freddy is the absolute man regardless how this second stint goes!!!

15 very good and 15 quite average*

Disagree. Tomlin has been excellent all season, creating space, harassing defenders, etc. It's just he didn't score in some of those games.

That said, the Eastwood of old was a far better player than Tomlin is now. Tomlin is more of a team player than Eastwood ever was or will be, but an Eastwood type player needs to be greedy.

That said, the Eastwood of old was a far better player than Tomlin is now. Tomlin is more of a team player than Eastwood ever was or will be, but an Eastwood type player needs to be greedy.

So greedy that he handed a goal on a plate to Duncan Jupp in the L2 play off final all those years ago?

So greedy that he handed a goal on a plate to Duncan Jupp in the L2 play off final all those years ago?

Get over yourself will you. Players like the Eastwood of old need to be greedy, it's what they thrive on. His game has changed over the years, he is less inclined to shoot and more inclined to lay the ball off nowerdays.

Get over yourself will you. Players like the Eastwood of old need to be greedy, it's what they thrive on. His game has changed over the years, he is less inclined to shoot and more inclined to lay the ball off nowerdays.

There you go again, why the need to make a comment like "get over yourself"? All I did was point out that he wasn't always greedy. No need at all to be unpleasant.

There you go again, why the need to make a comment like "get over yourself"? All I did was point out that he wasn't always greedy. No need at all to be unpleasant.

You pick out the one time he passed the ball in 3 years to try and belittle my post. Well done you.

You pick out the one time he passed the ball in 3 years to try and belittle my post. Well done you.

I think you are the one that needs to "get over themself", your post really wasn't that important to me. You really have an amazing complex when anyone points something out that disagrees with or goes against your view, can't you accept that there are other views than your own? Whether you choose to agree with them or not is up to you, but everyone's view (or the majority of views) have merit.

If I could be bothered then I'm sure I could find lots of examples of when Freddy passed the ball to others, there just weren't THAT many times that he had the option to do so which is why so many of his goals looked like solo efforts. I just picked the best known and most obvious example to illustrate that your point, in my view, was wrong. Don't be so precious about people disagreeing with you!

I have not seen enough game time of Fred this time around to judge him fairly; I enjoyed his constant danger first time around and I have no doubt that he is slower (older) and, in a positive way, more aware of the team around him after many years as a pro. I believe that when he gets a run of games the goals and assists will come.

Freddy scored and assisted many goals during his initial spell, although a different player nowadays, he still has a class about him but sadly PS does not want him.

That is evidenced with constantly picking Corr ahead of him and sticking a centre half up top before introducing him yesterday

Back