• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Prime Ministers again

Jam Man calls Ed Milliband Beaker, but to me Cameron comes across as nothing more than a Snake Oil Salesman who will say anything to get elected again.

I think his judgement was found lacking on the Coulson affair and he has failed to get any real support with his counterparts in Europe. Also I think in the end the tories will rue the wellfair reform that seems to target taking money from the sick and disabled whilst giving tax breaks to the very rich.

Whitehall cover-up was 30 years ago; MEP elections/local authority elections is down to us as voters; celebrity court cases - er, why was the current government at fault for that? That successful prosecutions occurred under their watch at a push might be considered a positive, but I think this had little to do with them.

Bedroom tax isn't a tax (although they've had an absolute shocker on PR), warring ministers is irrelevant (and nothing like as bad as Brown and Blair). Phone hacking - press regulation (or not) is an on-going issue, but excesses happened under other governments.

Universal Credit system - too early to tell.

EU Presidential election - I think he was just posturing. Too early to tell whether it will result in concessions being offered or Britain being sidelined.

University fees - was Labour

They may or may not **** up things like Education reform, NHS reform (probably too early to tell) but the stuff you mention is pretty low-grade to be honest. If your list is the worst they've done, they'll have done a pretty good job.

The West Coast franchise was a definite ****-up.

Nicely put.

I was hoping for a little more insight than that but it does feed my assumption that some in the anti Ed brigade have nothing to base it on.

I think Jam Man has it spot on. The man is a no mark. Would you really be happy if your daughter brought him home?

I think Jam Man has it spot on. The man is a no mark. Would you really be happy if your daughter brought him home?
So just to recap:
Jam 'Ed **** off
Me 'why is that?'
Jam 'because he is Ed'
Callan 'he has no charism'
Hit 'Jam was spot on'

these are very convincing and well thought out arguments, they should definately feature in campaign literature.

So just to recap:
Jam 'Ed **** off
Me 'why is that?'
Jam 'because he is Ed'
Hit 'Jam was spot on'

these are very convincing and well thought out arguments, they should definately feature in campaign literature.

To be fair Callan also said that he had no substance.

However the majority of the arguments against him seem to be based upon appearance rather than policy, talent, competency, intellect, or achievement which is just depressing.

Why can't people bash him instead for things like failing to stand up to the coalition on data privacy emergency laws? The only one fighting for the people on this one is Europe! Where are the opposition on this important issue?

Or his energy proposals which are as full of holes as the Brazilian defence and seem to be an attempt to grab headlines rather than help people.

To be fair Callan also said that he had no substance.

However the majority of the arguments against him seem to be based upon appearance rather than policy, talent, competency, intellect, or achievement which is just depressing.

Why can't people bash him instead for things like failing to stand up to the coalition on data privacy emergency laws? The only one fighting for the people on this one is Europe! Where are the opposition on this important issue?

Or his energy proposals which are as full of holes as the Brazilian defence and seem to be an attempt to grab headlines rather than help people.

Interesting. That kind of thing worked wonders for Camerscum at the last GE.

So just to recap:
Jam 'Ed **** off
Me 'why is that?'
Jam 'because he is Ed'
Hit 'Jam was spot on'

can we add to this that he has a funny nose and a whiney voice....oh and an oblong head.

Yeah, that's the type of political discourse I was complaining about.

This country gets the government it deserves.

This is quite accurate; too many moaners who don't vote: & when they do too many just vote for the colour they usually might vote for without knowing or considering the options. How else would we have such baffoons as the local South East MPs who can claim and admin their expenses to the max but not engage in debate about local matters.

Back