• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pro Evo 2009

Sorry fellas i am a pro evo man, but in mean time ive brought fifa 2009 just to get warmed up, on the new squads for the next season. The online 10 Vs 10 players is quite funny tho.

Fifa question

Anyone who has the new fifa may be able to help me,

How do you change squad numbers in manager mode ? :unsure:

Can't be bothered to do the squad in full but it says this on the 'Favourite Team' screen:

Captain: A. Barrett

Best Defender: A. Barrett

Best Midfielder: A. Grant

Best Forward: L. Barnard

Is the squad accurate, then?

Historically there has usually been a few gems on FIFA, Jay Smith was always white, Kevin Maher was black one year and Barrett and ginger hair in one. Fair play to them for having League One in the game but its sloppy research on their part, plus you can't edit them.

You liked 2008? You must be one of the very few!!! The whole reason it has been slowed down this year as it was universally considered too fast. I remember being able to knock the ball to Ashley Young or Wright Phillips and then run rings around the other team.

PES actually had "Libero Grande" mode back in about PES 3 where you could only control one player so if anything EA stole the idea from PES and enhanced it somewhat.

My only gripe from what I've played of the demo so far is the goalies, no real enhancement from last years calamity keepers and it's annoying seeing them beat at the near post all the time.

Guess it varies from person to person, but me and my group of 'pro evo' buddies like the pace of 08, gives quick open games and if you know how to it's simple to defend against the pacey players.

Whilst in 09 it seems like there is more empthasis on team play, the two demo games vs my mate were rather dull. Maybe due to us not being used to it. 2 games and only one goal coming from a corner. And 1 other shot in 2 games.

Give me excitement over realism any day; my exact argument for why PES08 is better than Fifa08.

Don't let me down PES!

Doubtful, EA have got a golden handcuffs deal with the Premiership set to last another couple of years. Also, given the financial clout EA have I can't see Konami nipping in there to steal the rights anytime soon. It would be the equivalent of Channel 5 beating Sky and Setanta to the Premiership coverage!

EA have also nicked the La Liga license so most of the Spanish teams look ropey on PES09, thankfully the Edit mode is so in depth you can import Jpegs straight onto the shirt (ie: The "Insure And Go" logo) and away you go.

Back to the unofficial option files it is then!

Historically there has usually been a few gems on FIFA, Jay Smith was always white, Kevin Maher was black one year and Barrett and ginger hair in one. Fair play to them for having League One in the game but its sloppy research on their part, plus you can't edit them.

True, but EA are going to be constantly updating the squad lists this season so it's not out of the question that they'll amend any errors that have been made.

I am loyal pro evo nut, fifa is for kids and amatuers where as pro evo...........well its in the name its for pros, far better game play, more realistic(play wise)

I am loyal pro evo nut, fifa is for kids and amatuers where as pro evo...........well its in the name its for pros, far better game play, more realistic(play wise)

That was all true up until the last year or so.

Anyone who has the new fifa may be able to help me,

How do you change squad numbers in manager mode ? :unsure:
I really haven't a clue, i'd play with the current squad numbers, and it give you the chance to change the numbers, although not sure.

What console have you got FIFA 09 on?

Last edited:

Pro Evo was that once, but now Pro Evo is the arcade game where as FIFA is the simulator.

Back