• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pro Evo 2009

Damn will have to wait then, one day I may join the technical advanced movement and buy a PS3 :cricko:

Yes I_S. 2v2 (thats 4 seperate consoles). Same as it was on PES6 on PS2.

Ah right. Cheers mate. Was hoping me and a mate could play together on my console online. Not to worry.

Had my 1st online match there - won 4-3 in extra time as Real Madrid against AC Milan - cracker of a game!!

Overall it's a more fluent version of FIFA with better gameplay and is more responsive (we all know about the delay between pressing buttons in FIFA and the pass/shot actually taking place).

That's because in FIFA the game waits for the ball to be in position to be passed or shot before completing the action. If the ball is between your legs, or if your player is in mid-stride then it won't release the ball until you've brought the ball under control.

From what I can see the new Pro Evo game is a big improvement on last year and is still a much more enjoyable game than FIFA 09, however there's no doubt in my mind which is the more realistic sim and which is the more of an arcade game.[/color]

Ah right. Cheers mate. Was hoping me and a mate could play together on my console online. Not to worry.

Had my 1st online match there - won 4-3 in extra time as Real Madrid against AC Milan - cracker of a game!!
I'm not sure about that mate, but I don't think it's possible. Try using smaller teams, it's more fun.

PES is rubbish this year in my opinion. It's just another copy of a poor FIFA if you ask me. It's taken two steps back, but hasn't taken the three forward.

Pes 2009 Online

Is a joke.

Stayed up last night for a bit to play some online matches, and the amount of ***** that would use 1 player from the kick off, and run straight to goal and score was a complete joke. This one lad in particular using Brazil never passed the ball - once getting it, would just run and hope for the best.

It's near impossible to stop it, as the players are so slow to get turned and put a tackle in. Not impressed one bit :thumbdown:

It's not near impossible, it just takes a different approach. But yeah, I agree it would be nice if defending online was as easy as defending offline.

Get a PS3 I_S, PES2009 runs much better on that by all accounts.

Plus, I'll play you as WE United and you can be whoever you want.

It's not near impossible, it just takes a different approach. But yeah, I agree it would be nice if defending online was as easy as defending offline.

Get a PS3 I_S, PES2009 runs much better on that by all accounts.

Plus, I'll play you as WE United and you can be whoever you want.

Well the last match i played, i edited the positioning of the back 4 so that they sat very deep, and would be less prone to being caught by the over the top through ball, and could at least be by the goalie and block any shots the glorying player might take. Was still very frustrating though mate, as its not very realistic if Robinho can run rings around 10 players and tap in to the back of the net.

As for the PS3...my Missus is on about getting one, so i'll keep you updated. You better get some practice in beforehand though ;)

This game takes some getting used too... At 1st hated it but been playing more and more and getting use to it...
Would like to try FIFA tho..

I need no practice mate. P12 w9 l3, and most of those were played with very poor teams!

Bring the challenge my little Irish friend.. :dim:

I'm crap at the Become A Legend mode, signed a contract with Man City, and have only made the first team inter-squad once, never the bench and have only scored 1 goal.

I hate the vertical view but at least you can see yourself as well as the ball, the side views don't have that.

Back