• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Probe at Basildon hospital into tampering with intravenous drips in peadaetric ward

dloman

Manager
Bit worrying as my little boy was in Penguin/Puffin a couple of weeks ago. Though fortunately didn't need a drip.

POLICE have launched a probe at Basildon Hospital after it was revealed drip bags may have been tampered with.

It is understood around 30 intravenous fluid bags, used to feed patients and administer them drugs, have been punctured.

However police and the hospital remained tightlipped over how the drips may have been tampered with and the exact quantity affected.

Officers were at the hospital yesterday speaking to clinical staff, including nurses, pharmacists and drug technicians.

It is understood some of their enquiries were carried out in the hospital’s Wagtail and Puffin’s children’s ward.

Helen Cook, spokeswoman for Essex Police, said the investigation was in its early stages and police could not be drawn on whether anyone had suffered an injury or illness connected with their enquiries.

She said officers were called to the hospital at 9.30pm on Sunday by medical staff.

Mrs Cook said: “Police were called to the hospital to investigate the possibility that medical equipment had been tampered with.

“Our enquiries are continuing but we are carrying out a thorough investigation and we are not ruling anything in or out.”

Actually can one of the mods sort out my awful spelling in the thread title.

Thanks

I don't know if they know how to spell it either!

Seriously though, very worrying, and I hope whatever caused you to have a child in there is now sorted out.

probably not, typed it hit return and immediately thought that is wrong!

He is fine nothing too serious just had a temperature of knocking 40c and we couldn't get it down, got admitted straight away as he has had a convulsion previously when he had a high temp. Though poor thing had to have his first suppository.

probably not, typed it hit return and immediately thought that is wrong!

He is fine nothing too serious just had a temperature of knocking 40c and we couldn't get it down, got admitted straight away as he has had a convulsion previously when he had a high temp. Though poor thing had to have his first suppository.

Ouch! :'( Paediatric (I think!) ;)

I work in Bas hosp and there are a fair few tv vans outside, had cameras outside all day. I dont think the whole story has come out yet!

Back