• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Programmes you loved but bizarrely no one else remembers

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
I have often wondered bemused how i have recolections of these great show of yesteryear and yet others do not recolect these. Maybe its because i had no life and whilst others were out in the sun playing i prefered to stay milky and watch any old **** that happened to be on the box at the time. Anyhoo here are some of the programmes that i used to love and yet no other bugger remembers, feel free to post your own aswell as reminiscing with your fellow shrimperzoners.

Tripods?(sci fi show late 80's)

Chocky ? (sci fi kids show 80's)

Archers Goon ( blue peter slot about 1992 ish)

Starfleet (stingray type puppet show early 80's)

The box of delights (bbc in the mould of lion witch etc)

The children of green know (see above)

Terra hawks ( sci fi puppet show early 80's)

And then there are ones you watched at school:

The boy from space

Dark towers

Geordie racer

Ones from the summer holidays:

Pugwall (brilliant aussie cheesy kids sh1te)

And ones i cant even remember the names of:

Some aussie sci fi show with some girld from the future called alana with a headband that could move **** and some dude called silverback or something. May have been called the the girl from tomorrow.

And another show called children of the dog star and i cant even remember what the fcuk that was about other than i liked it.

Pretty random post really but seeing as we all spout a load of of old **** on here i thought i would add some more.

I am working at this time if anybody is wondering what the fcuk i am doing up . Anyway i am now web searching all of the above and will past my finds on the thread starting with this to jog the old grey matter.

triptitl.jpg
banner1.jpg
banner3.jpg

i cant beleive i am finding these so easy . Check out the thames television **** at the bottom how old does that look now LOL

chocky1.jpg
chocky2.jpg

chocky3.jpg
chocky4.jpg

From the book by JOHN WYNDHAM
Dramatised by
ANTHONY READ
David
JAMES HAZELDINE
Mary
CAROL DRINKWATER
Matthew
ANDREW ELLAMS
Polly
ZOE HART
Chocky's Voice
GLYNIS BROOKS
Executive Producer
PAMELA LONSDALE
Producer
VIC HUGHES
Directors
VIC HUGHES & CHRISTOPHER HODSON
thssmall.jpg

The Good Guys Portraits and larger images of all the characters fighting against the Imperial Alliance.The Bad Guys Portraits and larger images of all the characters fighting to destroy the Earth.The Ships (Mecha) Images of all the major ships appearing in the series.Comics Comic strips and features from Look In and more besides.Merchandise Jigsaws, video covers and toys.Music Images from Brian May's Star Fleet Project singles and albums and more.Miscellaneous Wallpapers for download, and anything else that's left!

box of delights

tbod_inmybox.jpg

"In my box are such delights as you will never know..."

And so began the trailer that heralded BBC1's exciting new drama serial The Box of Delights in Autumn 1984.
I watched The Box of Delights again over the Christmas break, as I do every year. It has become a Christmas tradition in my household, like eating too much chocolate and missing the last posting date, indeed, my ancient recording gradually sheds more of its oxide with every Christmas that passes. And this time round it struck me just how good it was. It's well acted (mostly), beautifully directed, and the effects, whilst beginning to look a little frayed around the edges, are still impressive, particularly when you bear in mind that the series was made 15 years ago.
Nostalgia abounds, even for viewers who weren't around in the 1930s, as The Box of Delights revels in a warm glow of innocence. We are reminded of a world so far from our own where young girls can safely go shopping in town after dark (save the odd scrobbling), and muffins, bullseyes and possets are a staple part of the diet. In this place, huge pantries are stocked with jam tarts and sticky buns, children are still delighted to unwrap spinning tops at Christmas parties, and Punch and Judy shows aren't excruciatingly naff.
But it's not all cosiness and easy living. Nastiness abounds in the guise of Abner Brown, a villain exquisitely portrayed by the late Robert Stephens and aided and abetted by his cohorts, the superb double act of Foxy-faced Charles (Geoffrey Larder) and Chubby Joe (Jonathan Stephens). Of note also, is Sylvia Daisy Pouncer, played to perfection by Stephens' off-screen wife, Patricia Quinn.
The good guys are just as well represented. The timeless ex-Dr Who Patrick Troughton excels as the mystical magician Cole Hawlings, and Kay Harker, the hero of the piece is wonderfully played by Devin Stanfield. Supported by a competent cast including James Grout, Bill Wallis, Philip Locke and John Horsley, and a menagerie of magical creatures, we are taken for a journey into a fantasy world of phoenixes and unicorns; a place where mice and rats can talk, where a painting on a wall can be used as a portal into another place and where cars can sprout wings and fly away.
tbod_villains.jpg

tbod_hawlings.jpg
tbod_kay.jpg

thawklogo.jpg

Terrahawks, stay on this channel. This is an emergency!
TERRAHAWKS NEWS: See the Terrahawks forum for reviews of the new DVDs and information on the content of the latest releases.

I recently had the opportunity to re-watch some Terrahawks episodes. They were... quite disturbing, actually! I didn't remember the show being anywhere near as off the wall as it turned out to be. It was very, very 80s - right down to Kate "Tina Turner" Kestrel's singing! Terrahawks came out very shortly after Star Fleet aired (leading to a certain confusion between the two), and seems to have disappeared from TV schedules in similar fashion. Why that should be the case, given Gerry Anderson's involvement with the show, I just don't know...
thawkninestein.jpg
The bloke on the left is Tiger Ninestein, one of nine clones, founder and leader of the Terrahawks. The Terrahawks were set up to battle the alien forces led by Zelda, Queen of the Planet Guk (no, seriously!), who eliminated the Earth base on Mars and claimed the planet as their own. Ninestein's catchphrase - "Flaming Thunderbolts"!
The evil crone/hag/android on the right is Zelda. Aided by her "son" Yung-Star and "daughter" Cy-Star she throws an assortment of cryogenically stored baddies at Earth and the Terrahawks, ranging from teddy bears that can bend metal to cloaked figures that can bend time! Star Fleet connection - see the Voice Actors section!
thawkzelda.jpg

The characters that people often remember are the Zeroids, led by Sergeant Major Zero, and the less outgoing Cubes. At the end of each episode they'd have a wireframe noughts and crosses match - which the Cubes often won by cheating! One episode I remember had the Cubes forming a massive gun out of themselves.
thawkzeroids.jpg
Sergeant Major Zero with another Zeroid

thawkcube.jpg

Dark towers

book_1.jpg
book_2.jpg
book_3.jpg
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif]Towser was looking at a picture and barking. The room went cold. Very cold. Then the picture started to shake.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif]And then they were in the big room with two strange men. 'How nice! Benger and Bunce at your service. I am Mr Benger. This is Mr Bunce.'[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif]'I wish Tracy were here,' Edward said to himself. 'I'm sure she's not a thief. She could help me.'[/FONT]
book_4.jpg
book_5.jpg

Its making me feel well old LOL even christopher biggins looks young in that picture

Geordie racer

book_1.jpg
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif]Spuggy, Dad, Mam, Cath, Mickey Stone, Plod, Victor and Baz[/FONT]
book_2.jpg
book_3.jpg
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif]Blue Flash (right) and Perfect Lady (bottom left). Spot the difference.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif]A report on the front page said that valuable paintings had been stolen from a house in Jesmond. Janie and Spuggy looked at each other.[/FONT]
book_4.jpg
book_5.jpg
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif]Spuggy knew he should tell the police everything he and Janie had found out. But would he be telling on his own dad?[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif]Baz shook his head. 'Nobody's ganna understand that, are they, Ray? The best thing you can do is say nowt.'[/FONT]
book_6.jpg

Bloody hell, I'd forgotten about Pugwall. Used to be on The Children's Channel (TCC) back in the days when pretty much all your basic Sky subscription got you that, Sky One and Europsport!

Back