• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Promising news for Fossetts

Berkshire Blues

Hello everyone...I had to re-register because, although I followed the instructions in the email, it was telling me that my posts had to be approved my a moderator (?!?) so I just re-registered under a new name.

Anyway.....I've been studying the planning reports of both RDC and SBC and the news isn't nearly as bad as the picture painted by the Echo.

Firstly.... details on the letters they recieved.

SOUTHEND BOROUGH COUNCIL recieved:
84 letters of objection, several on behalf of local retails, including a 52-name petition
277 letters of support, 1162 in the form of a circular

ROCHFORD DISTRICT COUNCIL recieved:
13 letters of objection
92 letters of support

Good work for all those who wrote in. This surely must show both councils that the people of both affected areas support this development and want it to happen.

You can have a look at the full report on the planning sought from Rochford DC here:
http://cmis.rochford.gov.uk/CMISWebPublic/Binary.ashx?Document=14170

Rochford DC's objection is basically only toward the car parking. Interesting points:
  • 13 letters of objection recieved
    ...opposed to 92 letters of support
  • Many arguments used by local residents are based on wrong information - such as high levels of noise pollution detrimental to mourners at the
    Crematorium - not taking into account any noise pollution is to be accounted for by the acoustic fence, not to mention the fact that it will be only for a few hours every fortnight (traffic too). They also state that Pop concerts would cause traffic and noise - Ron has stated the stadium would NOT be used for concerts. Objectors also fail to note that the car parking spaces are for match days only
  • The planners' report only reccomends refusal based on three issues: that they don't believe the circumstances are special enough to warrent use of (the very limited amount of) green belt land; that there isn't enough information about flood prevention; and that there isn't enough information about the use of the Training Pitches - and they are worried they will "make the training pitches less desirable to use, and put pressure on
    the use of the overspill car park and also pressure for further development closer to the training pitches which would further erode the openness of this part of the Green Belt".

I very much hope that Rochford's Councillors (of which all may participate, none are excluding on the basis of being SUFC fans as SBC are doing, and of which there is no party whip regarding planning) will decide against the key stumbling block of their planner's reccomendation - and decide that the circumstances are special enough to warrent the use of the green belt land.

RS

Back