• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Promotion from Div VI ?

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
As I'm resigned to at least two more seasons in my division I'd like to ask those that have been promoted to Div V how many stars they averaged each week (as a defence trainer hatstats doesn't work as a comparison).

I'm averaging around 35 stars which is still only good enough for 4th place in my league. I'm convinced that this would be good enough for promotion in other Div VI divisions

I'm not too despondent as the team training is coming along nicely. I'm pretty sure I am developing as fast as anyone else in my division. The oldest defenders I have are 19 years old. I have four formidables with a couple due to pop before the end of the season (one an 18yo). I have three 18 yo excellents with two of those due to pop imminently. I'll probably not sell anyone next season but by the time the following season comes the money should be rolling in nicely.

I'm hoping a few experience pops (my midfield is strong enough but young) and a bit more luck with form next season. These, together with the defensive pops should enable me to push for 3rd or even 2nd place next season with a true promotion onslaught the season after.

According to hatstats I was averaging about 32 the first time I got promoted and 42 the second time. However I had very easy divisions both times.

ORM as someone who has been in level V twice you need to switch from training defenders or you will never get out of level VI. You need to be playing 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 to get out of VI as you will score more goals and only lose a couple of games a season max depending on who else is any good in your league. I am 3rd due to going for it in the CUP & SZ cup and my reserves have got me here because there are only 3 decent teams in the league im in. Next season I will pi$$ this league with my first team unless I get a team as good as say MTS, BOBC or MRB drop into my league as the team who finish up as not going up will not beat my team next season and the rest of the league are all newbies who are growing.

Not entirely true, I stil train defence (till next week) and am comfortable in Level V. Never underestimate the power of counter attack!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Mar. 22 2006,12:33)]Not entirely true, I stil train defence (till next week) and am comfortable in Level V.  Never underestimate the power of counter attack!
ORM always seems to draw & lose too many games that if he wasnt playing 5-4-1 he would have created more chances & probably scored them and so won the game thats my take on it.

Interesting Birri - I had thought about switching before but I'm convinced that:

a) Not everyone that succeeds plays 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 training scorers/midfield b) HT will find some way of reducing the relative effectiveness of 3-5-2, otherwise HT will become less attractive.
c) I'll reduce the goals conceded as my defence continues to get stronger and my next signing is due to be a decent keeper.

I'll keep an open mind but for the time being the training regime is having its financial rewards and I can now afford to sign decent trainees rather than passables or low solids) as well as strengthening the rest of my squad.

I am going back to playmaking next season and will probably train wingers the season after. I couldnt face week in week out of very few chances that seem to happen with training defenders. I have seen MR B, Pearlstars, ORM and my mrs team Tun Tigers all training defenders and yes its very rewarding financially but it just doesnt create as exciting matches and i personally find pressing/counter attacking every week as boring but then i have mainly trained playmakers from the start.

Tony, As you will see I am bottom of the league at the moment and averaging 45* per game
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Birri @ Mar. 22 2006,15:50)]I am going back to playmaking next season and will probably train wingers the season after. I couldnt face week in week out of very few chances that seem to happen with training defenders. I have seen MR B, Pearlstars, ORM and my mrs team Tun Tigers all training defenders and yes its very rewarding financially but it just doesnt create as exciting matches and i personally find pressing/counter attacking every week as boring but then i have mainly trained playmakers from the start.
Maybe not but on the plus side Mrs Birri will be less than pleased that you have revealed to me exactly who Tun Tigers was !!!!!
laugh.gif

She has been keeping me going for nearly a year on this one !
cool.gif

Blimey you must be the only one who didnt know!

She decided she couldnt beat it so she joined. This season is the first she has been above me as she is top of her league & i am only 3rd in mine.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GNH @ Mar. 22 2006,20:13)]Tony, As you will see I am bottom of the league at the moment and averaging 45* per game
wow.gif
51.5 stars in my last game and I'm sat in 6th! This week I play a team that got 54 stars/204 hatstats in their last game (and lost 4-1!).

However, 178 hatstats on a PIC last week, with a training change on the way I should break the 200 barrier soon.

Back