• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

9-0 would actually be enough, but I'd say that's optimistic.

Barnet won at Morecambe. Superb stuff!

So we get to play Wycombe again next season, as well! :thumbsup:

Wycombe’s promotion confirmed.

Saw them play at Lincoln a couple of weeks ago, same diving, cheating, time-wasting scum as when we last played them. Like the club but can’t stand Ainsworth or how he’s got them playing, at least they’re not northern.

9-0 would actually be enough, but I'd say that's optimistic.

Barnet won at Morecambe. Superb stuff!

So we get to play Wycombe again next season, as well! :thumbsup:

Dooh!! Oh yeah. I'm having one of those day's. :cry:

As for Barnet, it's gonna really come down to the wire. Barnet need to beat bottom side Chesterfield (which is possible) & hope Morecambe get beaten by Coventry (which again is possible).

Also still 5 teams (Reading / Birmingham / Barnsley / Burton & Bolton) in the Championship relegation mix going until the final day of the season.

Normally it would be roughly 18-0 but as they are playing each other, there's a quarter-chance for Northampton. They might have to go with a 2-0-8 formation, though!

Bottom of The Championship is mega-tight. Reading and Birmingham are playing Cardiff and Fulham, so they are definitely not out of it!

Also the Division One play off's is far from done, with Charlton , Scunthorpe & Plymouth possibly nicking the last available place on the last day of the season.

Yep, especially as Scunthorpe play Plymouth on Tuesday night.

I see Charlton's last game is at Rochdale, which will send Rochdale down with a Charlton win.

Yep, especially as Scunthorpe play Plymouth on Tuesday night.

As it doesn't affect us, and purely for last day play off drama, I would like to see Plymouth beat Scunthorpe on Tuesday night.

Also on in Division One on Tuesday night, we want Walsall to beat Bradford or draw (so we can remain in 10th place until Saturday). & Wimbledon to beat the Donnies (yes i'm still a bit sore about that semi final play off defeat back in 2008....and also Gillingham will drop another place).

In Division Two, Newport to beat Chesterfield (so Col Ewe cant improve on their 12th place finish in league....I thought I heard on BBC Essex radio that it will be their lowest league finish since 1993??).

Anyone else loving the combinations that still exist? Especially since relegation seems such a distant bed fellow.

Great when we are not so very involved but would still prefer to be in the position we were last season when we were (potentially) involved in the play-offs.

Emotions will be high at the Valley tomorrow, it's Johnnie Jackson's retirement game and I fully expect he'll be making a cameo appearance at the start of the game. They'll want a win to commemorate his retirement from the game.

Apparently Johnnie got a really decent send off & made a great speech to the fans, & in particular gave a special mention / thank you to Chris Powell for helping him achieve so much in his career.

It's difficult to know who to favour in the League Two play-offs.

Probably Coventry on account that they would swell the crowd at our place and it's a decent stadium and not too far for the away game.

It's difficult to know who to favour in the League Two play-offs.

Probably Coventry on account that they would swell the crowd at our place and it's a decent stadium and not too far for the away game.

How about renewing hostilities with Lincoln? I think we would all see then that the Cowley brand of football is very direct and physical and not very pretty.

Yes, that's a good shout and their away following would be good, as well. Tough call between those two.

How about renewing hostilities with Lincoln? I think we would all see then that the Cowley brand of football is very direct and physical and not very pretty.

Unless, by then, there are at Ipswich, despite protestations to the contrary.

Unless, by then, there are at Ipswich, despite protestations to the contrary.

They've just signed a contract extension; I think the feeling is that this buys them another year at Lincoln before a possible move elsewhere.

A good pal of mine is a Lincoln fan so would like to see them come up, but Cov is a decent away trip too.

As mentioned on Goal Rush, next Saturday Coventry v. Morecambe. Coventry need a point for the play-offs to be guaranteed and Morecambe need a point to stay up.

What price a draw! :winking:

As mentioned on Goal Rush, next Saturday Coventry v. Morecambe. Coventry need a point for the play-offs to be guaranteed and Morecambe need a point to stay up.

What price a draw! :winking:

6/4 currently - rare to see a draw shorter than 2/1 in normal circumstances...

Of course, a win could improve Coventry's position and give them a home tie in the second leg (should Notts lose to Luton) so the motivation for both sides just to do nothing is quite as strong as it might be

Back