• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Deal completed and site is now owned by Weston homes.:clap:

Deal completed and site is now owned by Weston homes.:clap:

Hmmm... interesting. At least they have a history of working with football clubs in Essex to deliver a stadium development - hopefully our one (if it ever happens!) will be a lot nicer than their last effort though (although as things stand I wouldn't complain if we had a larger version of Col Ewe's stadium).

Comments from the Echo article http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/local_news/14669747.Former_college_campus_next_to_Roots_Hall_is_finally_sold__but_what_does_it_mean_for_Southend_United_s_new_stadium_plans_/

Bob Weston, chairman and founder of Weston Homes, added: “ We are now working closely with Ron Martin on the comprehensive redevelopment of the site.”

Yesterday Mr Martin told the Echo: “The club is aware that the Prospects College site has been sold and negotiations surrounding the purchase were conducted with the club’s knowledge.

“It remains the intention that the site will form an integral part of the comprehensive development of Roots Hall, as has always been proposed, under the now advanced relocation plans.”

Last edited:
Bet Neil is happy this is all over, they have been royally messed around in this .

Promising that the sale is actually a small step in the right direction for the site being reveloped as well, long since given up getting excited over anything stadium related though.

I see this as a positive move. Proven company with existing links with football, lets hope this helps move things to a mutually beneficial outcome.

Surely this has to be positive news ?

If Weston Homes have spent 'around £3 million' on something that requires our involvement in order to make a profit (I know I am making assumptions but the article states that they will be working with Ron Martin ) then that suggests that they feel that the the whole stadium development will go through.

On the other hand I can't help but wonder why British Land didn't buy it . Adding another partner surely adds more complexity to everything

Surely this has to be positive news ?

If Weston Homes have spent 'around £3 million' on something that requires our involvement in order to make a profit (I know I am making assumptions but the article states that they will be working with Ron Martin ) then that suggests that they feel that the the whole stadium development will go through.

On the other hand I can't help but wonder why British Land didn't buy it . Adding another partner surely adds more complexity to everything

Possibly, or they can just dump a block of flats on Prospects and walk away.

Hmmm... interesting. At least they have a history of working with football clubs in Essex to deliver a stadium development - hopefully our one (if it ever happens!) will be a lot nicer than their last effort though (although as things stand I wouldn't complain if we had a larger version of Col Ewe's stadium).

Comments from the Echo article http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/loc...ean_for_Southend_United_s_new_stadium_plans_/

Just to clarify that Weston Homes actually had nothing to do with the development or build of Colchester's stadium - they simply purchased the naming rights and then sponsored the shirts for a season or two. Yes they worked with a football club on a sponsorship deal but your situation is very different.

Don't be surprised BL is not involved. We have already been told that the deal with BL to develop Fossetts Farm is a stand alone project and independent of (i.e. not dependent on) development of RH.

Development of RH is a separate project and it looks like RM is partnering with Weston Homes for that.

It is clearly another piece in the jigsaw and it would appear that RM has viable and reputable partners in place for both projects.

According to the article RM is still to submit a full planning application for the FF development? Surely this must now happen soon?

Oh here we go again. Now I have hope and that's a terrible thing. Apologies to WightShrimper for any infringement of his signature copyright.:winking:

Prospects college

Hi

Sorry if this has already been on this site

but driving along Prittlewell chase today I saw the Prospects college site has now got a new sign on the gates saying, Weston Homes does this mean they are about to start building and how does this affect our plans (If we have a plan)

If only the club knew a property developer to get the ground up and running.......

Luton have just had their new stadium plans refused by planners. In a scheme slightly different to ours, they wanted to develop an out of town shopping centre near the M1. This would pay for new stadium to be built at a separate site near the town centre.

The local planner have said it will take to many shoppers away from the town centre.

Luton have just had their new stadium plans refused by planners. In a scheme slightly different to ours, they wanted to develop an out of town shopping centre near the M1. This would pay for new stadium to be built at a separate site near the town centre.

The local planner have said it will take to many shoppers away from the town centre.

I trust the local planners are lobbying to close down the internet as well !!

I think this will be the main stumbling block with our application should it get off the ground.
The council also have a plan for a large cinema complex, but as that will be on one of the larger car park sites, that too could actually discourage visitors to the town

We have no plans. Flats will be built on that site...as is the case with most scraps of land that become available in town

Just like Corringham then. Lampitts hill garage, Lampitts Hill flats on top of flats, white post corner (700 homes), East Thurrock United allegedly being flattened for housing, Don't worry about infrastructure, it'll cope. :dim:

You have to remember there is a precedent for approving a retail mix development on the FF site, although the retail element was not as significant in 2008.

Hi

Sorry if this has already been on this site

but driving along Prittlewell chase today I saw the Prospects college site has now got a new sign on the gates saying, Weston Homes does this mean they are about to start building and how does this affect our plans (If we have a plan)

Also, the club is well aware of Weston Homes' plans.

Just like Corringham then. Lampitts hill garage, Lampitts Hill flats on top of flats, white post corner (700 homes), East Thurrock United allegedly being flattened for housing, Don't worry about infrastructure, it'll cope. :dim:

You can add Grays Athletic's "Recreation Ground" to that list since being sold off for housing in 2010, and poor old Grays have been ground sharing ever since. :sad:

Back