• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweedy

First XI
Wow!! what a week, wednesday I was priviliged enough to watch Liverpool stage the biggest and most impressive fight back in any cup final ever, Stevie G apitamises what loyalty and love for football and club is, Im not ashamed to say that I was stood in tears as the crowd sang ' you'll never walk alone' at the end of the penalty shoot out, It was a night where English fans could hang their heads up high rather than hanging them in shame as in the past English fans have been associated with hooliganism, they were a credit to Liverpool football club and to english football as a whole.
Then Saturday came and to be honest I couldnt stop thinking about the Blue boys chucking away their seasons worth of hard work, however my thoughts changed to those of a positive nature when the game kicked off. For the first time in my 18 years of watching SUFC I can honestly say that those boys showed the grit, determination and passion to win that had been long gone from Roots Hall since the days of Powell, Tilson,Colymoore etc. Extra Time came and we got the goals were scored and we secured our destiny. Whilst every paper and article has singled out Freddy for our rise to League 1 I would just like to say that it was a squad of hard workers and a coaching staff who showed immense belief in that squad that won us promotion. From the tea ladys, cleaners, marketing teams to the lads that play the football every week, everyone connected with the club have played a massive part in our success.

This is a time to be proud of English football, to be proud of our team-the mighty Blues and to be proud of ourselves the fans for our conduct at games and our support at games.

This is a time to be proud of Football.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Whilst every paper and article has singled out Freddy for our rise to League 1 I would just like to say that it was a squad of hard workers and a coaching staff who showed immense belief in that squad that won us promotion. From the tea ladys, cleaners, marketing teams to the lads that play the football every week, everyone connected with the club have played a massive part in our success

very well said indeed

Thank you, although in the past I may have said things that people havent agreed with I felt this article I wrote was a fair and honest account

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tweedy @ May 31 2005,18:33)]Thank you, although in the past I may have said things that people havent agreed with I felt this article I wrote was a fair and honest account
I disagree with your article. The Tea Ladies are Conference standard and if we're to progress, they have to go!

mad.gif

TEA LADIES OUT!

Southend United is a team like any kind of work, in order for the end product you have to have all the little cogs working to influence the final product, everyone connected to the club has played a part in this seasons success, the fans have been immense this season and we as the fans are one of the many cogs that have worked to bring the success.

He has but you cant heap the praise on one player, its been a team effort and Im sure Freddy would be the first one to say it was a team effort.

YOU ARE SO RIGHT, BUT WHY CANT A FEW MORE LOCAL PEOPLE SEE THIS.

WE ARE LUCKY TO HAVE A LOCAL TEAM TO BE PROUD OFF.

Would anyone support me if I applied to put my article in the programme or echo?

Please let me know if you would like to see my article at the top of this page appear in the matchday programme or the evening echo asap please

Tweedy, fantastic article you have written.you have shown alot of passion and honesty in your article. I think you should send it in to the programme and echo

Just read your article on page 1 and I have to say I thought it was a great peice of writing. Well Done Tweedy!!
Hopefully a few more fans will provide you with support towards your article

The players have been displaying grit, determination and pride for most of this season. Saturday was only what the players had been demonstrating all year.

I'd also like to think we are more than just a hardworking team.

Wow Tweedy, your article is so cool I keep reading it and reading it all over again. It must be published in the paper and the programme it's so good.

Those journalists at the Echo better watch out, you'll be taking their job soon.

TWEEDY, TWEEDY, TWEEDY!

smile.gif

Send it to the Sun and Mirror too, plus film you reciting it and send it to Sky sports. Maybe even MUTV will play it too its that good! Probably the best piece of literature i've ever seen. A poll as to who to send it too I mean WTF?!
Most people on here have written better articles and not gone around blowing their own trumpet. Its not that great... get over it and stop self promoting, and in future at least spell correctly!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ May 31 2005,20:42)]A poll as to who to send it too I mean WTF?!
Most people on here have written better articles and not gone around blowing their own trumpet. Its not that great... get over it and stop self promoting, and in future at least spell correctly!
Come on Thenewblue, don't be so harsh. All the compliments he's received must mean you're in a minority - after all, so many unregistered posters can't be wrong!

Ha ha! Nothing like sarcastic humouring from behind a screen eh! Sweet!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 31 2005,17:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tweedy @ May 31 2005,18:33)]Thank you, although in the past I may have said things that people havent agreed with I felt this article I wrote was a fair and honest account
I disagree with your article. The Tea Ladies are Conference standard and if we're to progress, they have to go!

mad.gif

TEA LADIES OUT!
well said
mad.gif
and the bacon is not as good as the chatam one
wink.gif
plus they are ugly and never smile
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tweedy @ May 31 2005,17:41)]Southend United is a team like any kind of work, in order for the end product you have to have all the little cogs working to influence the final product, everyone connected to the club has played a part in this seasons success, the fans have been immense this season and we as the fans are one of the many cogs that have worked to bring the success.
bloody true,we keept everybody on his toes
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tweedy @ May 31 2005,18:10)]Would anyone support me if I applied to put my article in the programme or echo?
If you sorted out the grammar on it to make it more readable, perhaps. I am a bit surprised at how much you are raising the profile of your own post though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back