• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BoyWonder2

2024, the year of the Shrimpers šŸ¤ ā­
Guys and girls,

Last weekend I was playing pro evo on the PS3, editing kits for a Master League team to fill the time. Now I'm doing this when the whole thing freezes up. I press every button, nothing happens. I press the "p" button in the middle of the controller, nothing happens. In the end I decided to turn it off at the back and load it up again.

Now, I switch the thing back on and it won't read the disc. I take it out, clean it, and put it back in nothing happens. I pick up another game, again it doesn't read the disc. So I pick up a DVD, again it won't read the disc. I can still go onto the internet, it just doesn't read any discs so I can't play games or watch films.

Any ideas how to go about fixing it? Has this happened to anyone?

Had a similar thing happen about 4 or 5 months ago. Basically turned the ps3 on one day, and it wasn't reading the disk that was currently in there. Tried putting in loads of different games and it still wasn't reading them. Tried cleaning the disks, unplugging the whole thing and switching it back on. Tried CD's, DVD's, the lot and still nothing. In the end i rang up Sony, told them what was happening. He asked me when i had purchased the PS3 (I'd had it about 18 months at this point) and he stated the warranty was only 12 months. Then with no further questions asked, he just agreed to pick up the faulty one and send a new ps3. Courier came and picked up the dodgy one the next day and had a brand new ps3 2 or 3 days later. All this depsite the fact it was months out of warranty. Gotta say they were really helpful.

Sounds to me like a problem with the lens that read the disks. If you type something like 'ps3 troubleshooting' or 'ps3 problems' into google you will discover that loads and loads of people have had similar problems, Sony must have swapped over thousands of them by the looks of things.

Haven't got the number as it was a while ago but it is on the Sony website somewhere i think.

Back