• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I would like to publicly apologise to Dan Bentley. I made comments on another thread that I now realise were ill judged and could have caused upset to Dan. The incident in question did happen, but my opinion of him as an individual clearly shouldn't be judged on that one occasion. I have had communication with him tonight that clearly demonstrates what a genuinly nice guy he is. Unfortunately things often get said on the zone, maybe sometimes blown out of proportion and then they grow into something much bigger. I have apologised to Dan for my comments and he In turn has apologised for how he reacted to the incident in question. I am aware that either friends or family of Dan post on here and I apologise to you as well. I'm not a malicious or vindictive person myself so don't wish to be thought of in that way. I made a comment at the time and now realise that I was wrong to judge Dan the way I did. Is just goes to show how out of control things can sometimes get on here.

Mate we all **** up sometimes, me more then most but you have held your hands up and done the honourable thing.

Respect to you

This is what I love about Dan though, he engages with fans but always remains professional.

In fact I would say out of the whole team in my opinion that he is an example to all players!

Well after this it will be even harder to discuss his below average performances.

He has to have above and below average performances in order to have an average one in the first place. I just appreciate that his average ones are way above the average of the rest of the goalkeepers in the League.

On the topic, I've met Dan personally too, introduced to him in a restaurant by a friend. Very impressive character and clearly one of the good guys. A great example of what a professional footballer and young person's role model should be.

Fantastic though this thread is. , I still have an image of Dan and two henchmen standing over shrimperjon with baseball bats.
"type what we say and no one needs to get hurt !"

Fantastic though this thread is. , I still have an image of Dan and two henchmen standing over shrimperjon with baseball bats.
"type what we say and no one needs to get hurt !"

Ha ha, what you don't realize is that he currently has both my kids and is holding out for a ransom! me and the wife are debating whether to pay it or not, the house is so much quieter! lol

Ha ha, what you don't realize is that he currently has both my kids and is holding out for a ransom! me and the wife are debating whether to pay it or not, the house is so much quieter! lol

I totally get that.
If my teenager was held for ransom I would think about taking the phone off the hook !

I totally get that.
If my teenager was held for ransom I would think about taking the phone off the hook !

They are only 10 and 6, does that make us bad parents??? But as Dan is such a nice bloke im sure he will give them up eventually.

They are only 10 and 6, does that make us bad parents??? But as Dan is such a nice bloke im sure he will give them up eventually.

Lucky it's not Paul Smith that has them. They will end up in hospital where he's dropped them....oh hang on, he couldn't kidnap them, he never comes off his line to be able to get to them in the first place :winking:

Lucky it's not Paul Smith that has them. They will end up in hospital where he's dropped them....oh hang on, he couldn't kidnap them, he never comes off his line to be able to get to them in the first place :winking:

Now, now, this is meant to be a happy thread....no Paul Smith bashing please.

Back