• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Queen at the 02

graysblue

Banned
anyone going to watch the lads do the business?

shame freddie will only be there in spirit,no idea if they will do old sets and this paul geezer had better be 50% as good as mr mercury.

my boy obtained the tickets from thieving touts who charged crazy dosh.

anyone know much about paul rodgers?

shame freddie will only be there in spirit,no idea if they will do old sets and this paul geezer had better be 50% as good as mr mercury.

Ex lead singer of Free and Bad Company.

Here

Maybe a cardinal sin but I can't stand Queen with or without Freddie Mercury. Free were a better band ;)

Would do but but i don't want to taint me memory of being at Wembley in 86

100% with you Paul

At least Freddy could sing & entertain, unlike some over rated singers & bands!! ;)

AS, I still rate Wembley 86 as one of my top 3 gigs ever, especially seeing Michael Hutchence getting hit in the knackers earlier that day. Did you go on the Friday or Saturday?

Maybe a cardinal sin but I can't stand Queen with or without Freddie Mercury. Free were a better band ;)

BLASPHEMER , you dare slander the greatest live performer .... EVER !!!

(and yes he really was voted by Muscians (includiung the likes of Lead Zepplin ) and Music professionals as being the greatest life performer of all time (beating Elvis , and Michael Jackson)

With you there Kay. Obviously have no musical taste. Probably both think S Club 7 and steps were under-rated and that Peter Andre is in their top 3 singers of all time. I dont think I am far off with this assumption.

the 86 gig is an all time classic and i doubt will ever be bettered,freddie gave his best performance ever.the band were at their tightest with taylor being amazing on the skins.

after a few beers nothing better than whacking on the DVD pumping up the sound and let mr mercurys beautiful voice fill the gaff with tunes which still are the business.

MK and AS must be witches to slander the gods.

At least Freddy could sing & entertain, unlike some over rated singers & bands!! ;)

AS, I still rate Wembley 86 as one of my top 3 gigs ever, especially seeing Michael Hutchence getting hit in the knackers earlier that day. Did you go on the Friday or Saturday?

That was some line up that day....did you do the Saturday or Sunday?

I still have "Love of my Life" ringing in my ears to this day.....

Enjoy mate

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=v3xwCkhmies

the 86 gig is an all time classic and i doubt will ever be bettered,freddie gave his best performance ever.the band were at their tightest with taylor being amazing on the skins.

after a few beers nothing better than whacking on the DVD pumping up the sound and let mr mercurys beautiful voice fill the gaff with tunes which still are the business.

MK and AS must be witches to slander the gods.

Hang on.....were did we slander??? Prey tell

Ok, reading back i see the mistake....I miss read it and thought Paul said that he could not stand them with out Freddie.......on re-reading it.

Paul......i am shocked at your comments, it does not all have to be off the wall, a little big edgy and non-main stream to be good mate.

Simple question.....did you ever see them live??

Last edited:
Hang on.....were did we slander??? Prey tell

Ok, reading back i see the mistake....I miss read it and thought Paul said that he could not stand them with out Freddie.......on re-reading it.

Paul......i am shocked at your comments, it does not all have to be off the wall, a little big edgy and non-main stream to be good mate.

Simple question.....did you ever see them live??

to my utter regret the answer is no i never saw them live,many reasons for not doing so ie being skint,big mortgage,little kids ect.

the sad part for me was several of my mates went to the wembley gig and i declined the offer of obtaining a ticket.

to my utter regret the answer is no i never saw them live,many reasons for not doing so ie being skint,big mortgage,little kids ect.

the sad part for me was several of my mates went to the wembley gig and i declined the offer of obtaining a ticket.

That, Squeeze at the cliffs in Sep 87 and Bowie at MK Bowl in 83 during the Serious Moonlight tour are my top 3

Regardless of my views on the band (Hint: big shrug of the shoulders) I really can't see this being any cop whatsoever. Seen the 'new' Queen on TV a couple of times and whilst they could never hope to replace the charasmatic Freddie, they could have done one helluva lot better than this new frontman. From what I've seen, it now looks like a Queen Karaoke night down at the OAP perming salon...

Back