• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jamesmut2000

Director
To keep this out of the transfer window thread ( as Cricko suggested) I thought I'd start another one to see what peoples thoughts were. As Tara was unable to attend the Q+A the other evening what questions would you have liked to ask him/ Ron regarding our current position?

I'm sure Ken said the other evening that some questions had been emailed to Tara as he couldn't attend-what questions were asked and has there been a reply from him yet?

:winking:I look forward to what you bring to the table Macca. I 'm sure it'll make interesting reading . No Spun lines I hope.:winking::unsure:

How are we more stable than 18 months ago?

If its a continued bail out then who is currently bank rolling us?

How many and which inidivuals or company's have injected money to keep the club afloat to date? And do they all have a peice of the golden egg which is FF.

How much have we been lent against FF?

For all the investment what happens to the club if FF never happens?

When/if the stadium is built how will SUFC be self sufficient?

The latest Council meeting would suggest we are just as far away from seeing FF as we ever have been, why and realistically how long are we going to wait?

How much is our Wage cap budget?

Are we gambling finances on promotion?

Your not happy with attendances, do you really not understand just how badly RM damaged the relationship between club and fans? Also in austerity £22 to roll up on the day is difficult for family's. What is the current break even attendance?

How are we more stable than 18 months ago?

1) If its a continued bail out then who is currently bank rolling us?

2) How many and which inidivuals or company's have injected money to keep the club afloat to date? And do they all have a peice of the golden egg which is FF.

3) How much have we been lent against FF?

4) For all the investment what happens to the club if FF never happens?

5) When/if the stadium is built how will SUFC be self?

6) The latest Council meeting would suggest we are just as far away from seeing FF as we ever have been, why?

7) How much is our Wage cap budget?

8) Are we gambling finances on promotion?

3) Nothing, Monies were loaned to RM who in turn loaned/payed the SUFC overdue 2 mill tax bill from it...I am led to believe that the rest of that 5mill input from Sainsbury's to RM has gone.

4..We stay where we are,we cannot be moved until FF is built. From last weeks Council meeting:

Most importantly, before any Council land is transferred, Roots Hall Limited and Sainsbury’s must have entered into a building contract for the new stadium and also covenanted with the Council to ensure the delivery of that building contract.

6) Because RM keeps on moving the goal posts ever other ****ing week.

7) 60% of turnover.

4..We stay where we are,we cannot be moved until FF is built. From last weeks Council meeting:

Most importantly, before any Council land is transferred, Roots Hall Limited and Sainsbury’s must have entered into a building contract for the new stadium and also covenanted with the Council to ensure the delivery of that building contract.

John I read and understood that but all of these people ploughing cash in won't wait forever, So what happens when they demand there money back?

Will the eventual owners of FF (whether Martin / associated companies, or others) commit to providing subsidised rent to the club that has allowed them to create the whole development?

3) Nothing, Monies were loaned to RM who in turn loaned/payed the 2 mill tax bill from it...I am led to believe that the rest of that 5mill input from Sainsbury's to RM has gone.

Again I understand this but all I hear from various sources is that TB invested money into the club so he gets a nice payout (no problem with making a profit) but who else is there in line and who is currently paying the bills and what do they get for there in investment and is RM guaranteeing the return?

Again I understand this but all I hear from various sources is that TB invested money into the club so he gets a nice payout (no problem with making a profit) but who else is there in line and who is currently paying the bills and what do they get for there in investment and is RM guaranteeing the return?

All of the director/ ex directors who have loaned the club monies over the last few years IE: Gary Lockett, F Van Wezel, P Robinson, etc etc will all be expecting their money back I would of thought when FF is completed.

TB has invested a large amount and of course wants something back for his investment.

Question I would ask.......
Will you ever reduce prices at Southend United to give value for money to the supporters?:smile:

John I read and understood that but all of these people ploughing cash in won't wait forever, So what happens when they demand there money back?

Exactly what will happen if FF never materialises, or if RM had never got involved in the first place.

We cease to exist.

As I've said before, football is a complete mess of a business. How as a club we've managed to stay out of administration is a mystery to me. But, with a new stadium, you'd think we'd have a chance of survival for a few years.

In the long term (10 years plus), I'm not sure any football club is safe with the game being run the way it is at the moment.

I love my local chippy and would be very unhappy if it was to close or change owners. The quality of the cod is excellent and the ribs are the best in Southend.
I do not however go in asking them questions about their management of the fiancés and if they can afford that new fryer. I assume that as a business they are running it how they feel fit. As long as the chips/cod etc. doesn’t become too overpriced I will carry on using them. This particular chippy has been on that corner of southchurch for a good few years and I would be very surprised if it ever shut.
I believe SUFC has been around since 1906 and is still operating through thick and thin. We are currently buying/loaning players and in general everything looks ok. If we sold a lot of top players and had no investment I would start to worry, but that’s not the case.
I know I will be shot down in flames for this but honestly, just mind your own business and let them get on with it.
I am sure you all have other things in your own lives you can worry about and let business people run their own businesses as they see fit.

I love my local chippy and would be very unhappy if it was to close or change owners. The quality of the cod is excellent and the ribs are the best in Southend.
I do not however go in asking them questions about their management of the fiancés and if they can afford that new fryer. I assume that as a business they are running it how they feel fit. As long as the chips/cod etc. doesn’t become too overpriced I will carry on using them. This particular chippy has been on that corner of southchurch for a good few years and I would be very surprised if it ever shut.
I believe SUFC has been around since 1906 and is still operating through thick and thin. We are currently buying/loaning players and in general everything looks ok. If we sold a lot of top players and had no investment I would start to worry, but that’s not the case.
I know I will be shot down in flames for this but honestly, just mind your own business and let them get on with it.
I am sure you all have other things in your own lives you can worry about and let business people run their own businesses as they see fit.
This being the pertinent difference, nobody who has looked objectively at the last few years, and the risks in the next few years, would be surprised at all if the club had to enter administration.

It is the little clubs like Kettering and Darlington who are suffering. We are a little club in the grand scheme of things and I am sure we face an un-certain future along with most lower league clubs.

Anyone got £20-30 million to spare as there would be no point having a dynamic site like the Zone with no club to support ?

Are you a shareholder in your local chippy? I guess not, just a loyal customer.

Many people here are shareholders in SUFC and as such have the right IMO to ask pertinent questions regarding the running of the club.

Fair point but this is football, look at Portsmouth as a prime example of what happenes when you let "people run their busniess as they see fit".

Difference is your chippy goes bust you find a new one, I don't want to find a new team and I appreciate I can't influence or change things but maybe get things in the open may help!!!

Question I would ask.......
Will you ever reduce prices at Southend United to give value for money to the supporters?:smile:

You mean like they did just a few months ago when tickets for a home game were reduced to just £5?

Can I put another spin on this. Lets say you bought a season ticket for your friday night fish and chips, for a reasonable sum of money, and they were regularly in financial difficulties, with winding up petitions etc. Added to that they are buying batter like it's going out of fashion. They then heard that a pizza hut in another town only gave customers half a pizza, so decided to send goodwill payments to all of their customers affected by this. Would you not be slightly concerned and voice your questions on fish and chips forums?

Exactly what will happen if FF never materialises, or if RM had never got involved in the first place.

We cease to exist.

As I've said before, football is a complete mess of a business. How as a club we've managed to stay out of administration is a mystery to me. But, with a new stadium, you'd think we'd have a chance of survival for a few years.

In the long term (10 years plus), I'm not sure any football club is safe with the game being run the way it is at the moment.

RM got involved for the FF development, that once more is as far away as ever it seems...How do the club survive until then I have no idea and like you, I am very surprised we are still here. The debts continue to mount up across all of RM's companies and I doubt there is very much, if anything at all left to "hock" for more funds to keep us afloat....Sainsbury's are not going to be advancing any more monies until all the plans are finalised.These change like the wind it seems so how far off that is, is anybodies guess. Monies that have come in from outside investment for the whole project, whether it be from Sainsbury's/Tara or anybody else vanish into the mire within such a short period of time it baffles belief.

We know we are still losing vast amounts of money each month and this can only go on as long as his partners are willing to chip in and wait for the return on their investment. That above all is the only way I can see us continuing now, but nobody waits forever.

Back