• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TJC

Muppet⭐
Thought we could gather some questions that would be useful to ask the consortium about their intentions. Not that they will get asked or answered, but just a gathering of thoughts/concerns etc.

To start the ball rolling:
  • If you are just buying the club for £1 with no assets, what are you hoping to get out of the deal? Its effectively £2.1M (plus other debts to creditors outside of the current board) into a bottomless pit. Is owning just the club sustainable?
  • Are your proposals to have a stake in the development project of the new stadium?
  • Do you see our future at the new stadium or do you think we can survive at Roots Hall?
  • Will you work with Ron to move us to a stadium that Ron has built?
  • I think we have been running quite a tight ship under Ron and still find ourselves in the ****. What would you do to make us stable and avoid such issues in the future?
  • As now looks likely, you will have to take over with 10 points deducted. How far would you go to keep our best players and strengthen the squad in order to attempt to stay up?
  • If there are 10 of you, how would the chairman be decided?
  • We have a lot of long standing directors on the current board. Would you be looking to retain some of them, or indeed, is the reason you won't reveal your identities is because one or more of you are on the current board, or was recently?!?
  • Names, we want your names so we can do some background digging ;)
  • One lesson learnt here is that representation from the supporters club on the board would have prevented this from getting so far and hampering the SUSCTs efforts with such short notice. I would urge any future owners to appoint a trust representative to the board.
  • Can we get Freddy Eastwood back please?

Any more??

Two steam trains travelling towards each other, one at 65mph, one at 40mph, they're 200 miles apart. At what point will they pass?

At the moment they are on the same track! They won't pass!

Two steam trains travelling towards each other ON SEPARATE TRACKS, they both leave their stations at 2pm. One at 65mph, one at 40mph, they're 200 miles apart. At what point will they pass?

(5 marks)

Better now?

Two steam trains travelling towards each other ON SEPARATE TRACKS, they both leave their stations at 2pm. One at 65mph, one at 40mph, they're 200 miles apart. At what point will they pass?

(5 marks)

Better now?

Ah, but have you considered that Geoff King might be operating the points?

I thought the consortium were out of the equation now?

On BBC Essex, they said they are still interested after we go into admin, but I guess the offer is withdrawn from the current board of directors and submitted to the administrators.

(5 marks)

Better now?

Wrong type of leaves on the line mate. No trains go.

When I heard a consortium was putting in a bid for us, for a few minutes, I allowed myself to drift into a little fantasy world where some rich Arabs wanted to buy the club, write out a quick cheque to cover not just the tax bill but all our debts and then give Tilly some serious money to spend in January.

However, as these guys don't seem to have the means to stop us going into administration, it just seems like a few businessmen trying to buy SUFC at its lowest ebb so they get a football club on the cheap.

Whatever you think about Ron's handling of things in the last few months, I haven't heard of anything these guys, whoever they are, can bring to the table that can benefit the club (certainly not a spare £600,000).

I think it's better to stick to the devil you know...

When I heard a consortium was putting in a bid for us, for a few minutes, I allowed myself to drift into a little fantasy world where some rich Arabs wanted to buy the club, write out a quick cheque to cover not just the tax bill but all our debts and then give Tilly some serious money to spend in January.

However, as these guys don't seem to have the means to stop us going into administration, it just seems like a few businessmen trying to buy SUFC at its lowest ebb so they get a football club on the cheap.

Whatever you think about Ron's handling of things in the last few months, I haven't heard of anything these guys, whoever they are, can bring to the table that can benefit the club (certainly not a spare £600,000).

From what I can gather they have £150m between them, and £600k is no problem. Its just that the board are suggesting (probably rightly) they will not be able to take over the club by the morning.

They are/were offering to clear all debts, (other than those owed to the Board) including the money owed to HMRC and players etc, to put sufficient working capital in to see the club through to the end of the current season, to put money in for next season to allow enough players to be aquired to give us something that might be called adequate for a pro football club and to work with RM to facilitate a move to FF, assuming of course that Ron can ever raise the dough to build it.

Given our current situation that is hardly getting a club with no assets on the cheap and is, at least potentially, a damn sight better than the devil we know.

Back