• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

R.I.P Dave Cousins-The Big Dady 😢

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
Such sad news today as i was informed just now that Dave passed away this morning. I have known him most of his life (another Eton House old boy) and we used to sit/stand together in the West stand with a couple of his best friends and his family. He has been unwell for sometime as some of you know. He supported the club home and away for well over 50 years.

It is really hard to find words atm but he gave so much to The Zone with his superb Match day threads and other behind the scenes work he always did. For that alone he will be missed by us all.

I have no idea yet when his funeral will be but I will be attending as i hope others will from The Zone and we will sort a collection for flowers over the next week. I will ask the club to make an annoucement before the next home game.

My thoughts are with his wife, children and grandchildren at this very sad time.

I will miss you mate. :Sad:

No photo description available.

Last edited:
I've been aware of Dave's health issues via John for some while now, and as the weeks have passed we always hoped for an improvement. Sadly, today's news comes as no surprise, but it still leaves me feeling absolutely gutted.

RIP, The Big Dady you will be hugely missed by us all mate.

G x

One of my most favourite immediate memories of his 'Dave-ness' was when we were protesting outside the rat's house. Dave wasn't up to stand-up protest, but he drove his BMW round and round out side the house hitting his horn continuously, it drove us mad so what it did for the Rat is anyone's guess. Sleep tight mate.

Oh hell, terrible news!

Dave was great fun whenever I saw him over the years, and a much loved and valued Zone colleague. Not to mention him being a dyed-in-the-wool Shrimper of course. Such a sad loss for his wife and wider family. Mental flag is half mast today 😞

Let me know the arrangements please John @Cricko as soon as you hear - I’d like to go with you and pay my respects, if there’s room for me.

Bugger.

Back