• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

R.I.P Dave Cousins-The Big Dady 😢

Very sad news indeed, condolences to his family and friends. I didn't know Dave but his pre match reviews were incredibly detailed, he obviously put a lot of work into them. RIP fellow Shrimper.

One of my most favourite immediate memories of his 'Dave-ness' was when we were protesting outside the rat's house. Dave wasn't up to stand-up protest, but he drove his BMW round and round out side the house hitting his horn continuously, it drove us mad so what it did for the Rat is anyone's guess. Sleep tight mate.
I had been wondering who that was to this day.

I personally didn’t know Dave but his exploits in the old Beemer outside the Rat’s Nest will be a story I’ll tell for the rest of my days.

May he rest in peace.

Very sad news. Never knew him aside from on here.

Perhaps the match day threads in general can be renamed "The Big Dady" match day thread, or something similar or appropriate.
We have already thought of a way we can honour his memory Mark for all the work he did on here.

The Big Dady's General Football Forum

It was a privilege to be able to call Dave a friend for over 40 years,one of life's true gentleman.I never heard anyone have a bad word to say about him.he will truly missed by all who new him.
RIP Dave thanks for all the memories
You and Colin were his best mates, he loved being with you both at the games and in the pub. He will be sadly missed on Saturday, even though he has been unable to attend games recently.

One of my most favourite immediate memories of his 'Dave-ness' was when we were protesting outside the rat's house. Dave wasn't up to stand-up protest, but he drove his BMW round and round out side the house hitting his horn continuously, it drove us mad so what it did for the Rat is anyone's guess. Sleep tight mate.
He was a very humble man Geoff, it wasn't until recently i learnt he had a famous singing daughter. Shows you how dumb i am at times.

You and Colin were his best mates, he loved being with you both at the games and in the pub. He will be sadly missed on Saturday, even though he has been unable to attend games recently.
Thanks, it's been strange the last few games with Dave not being there have miss the wind ups and banter.yes Dave will be sadly missed by us and all his other friends down the pub at least he gets to watch the blues with his brother again.

Back