• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

R.I.P Dave Cousins-The Big Dady 😢

I echo the comments of many on here who only knew ‘Big Dady’ through this zone and in particular his excellent pre-match threads. Unfortunately given the age profile of the zone, we all have one last post , it’s just that we don’t know when. For my part I hope to see my team back in the EFL before I write my last, but who knows…?

Sincere condolences to Dave’s family and friends. RIP.

Sad news and a real blow for those running the zone.

Think of the times when you have been excitedly checking your phone for team news as its approaches 2pm on a Saturday. In the pub on the way to the game or even the far side of the world we are all connected around that time.

Thank you Dave for your great service.

Rylee Doe

To:john
Cc:Jamie Cameron
Wed 21/02/2024 10:03

Hi John,

I’m very sorry to hear this sad news. We would of course be able to have his name mentioned on Saturday, if there is anything in particular you would like read out, please let Jamie know (who is CC’d in).

Best wishes,

Very sad news. I don't personally know many on here but his was a name that had become very familiar to me on the zone. It seems particularly sad to lose a fellow shrimper just as better times are hopefully coming back and they won't get to experience it, after all the misery of the past few years. But I suppose the bigger picture is its only football, there are more important things in life. RIP Big Dady.

R:I:P Dave , didn’t know him personally , but much respect for all his match day threads, will be missed

Yes, it is indeed, only Andy and I left now.
Condolences to you both Simon, I travelled many miles with Roger back in the late 1960's and early 70's. alongside Mick Baugh, Colin Rowland and his friend Graham Collins who along with Roger were nicknamed Hippie 1 & 2. This was due mainly to Roger looking more like Ian Hunter of Mott the Hoople fame. "Sleep Well Shrimper" Love Nobbler.xx

Back