• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FBM- I very much agree with your post (except I wish everyone stoped saying Sainsburys 'bailed us out' it was a busisness deal where both sides win

Re the Sainsbury's money. Do we actually know that it has 'run out'. The money was being paid to us in tranches, not in one lump, that much we do know.** But I domn't know what the amouts or time period were

** I am basing this on the facts that comon sense say you don't pay the money in one go, very much like a self build mortgage, and we missed a tax payment 2 years ago by one day, whcih cost us a 5 figure sum, and we were told that this was because we were waiting for a payment from sainsburys which came in the next day

Looking at the accounts which were summarised yesterday, non of RM's companies have assets which are greater than their liabilities which would certainly indicate that everything has been borrowed against to its book value,

FBM- I very much agree with your post (except I wish everyone stoped saying Sainsburys 'bailed us out' it was a busisness deal where both sides win

Re the Sainsbury's money. Do we actually know that it has 'run out'. The money was being paid to us in tranches, not in one lump, that much we do know.** But I domn't know what the amouts or time period were

** I am basing this on the facts that comon sense say you don't pay the money in one go, very much like a self build mortgage, and we missed a tax payment 2 years ago by one day, whcih cost us a 5 figure sum, and we were told that this was because we were waiting for a payment from sainsburys which came in the next day

We were given 5 million, most of which was paid out on tax and other debts. This left us with somewhere over over 1 million left to run the club for the 12 months following, that was 24 months ago and we lose 100k a month.

We were given 5 million, most of which was paid out on tax and other debts. This left us with somewhere over over 1 million left to run the club for the 12 months following, that was 24 months ago and we lose 100k a month.

not sure if you read my last point, but I don't think we were given $5 million in one lump-- am I catagorically wrong on this ? therefore has it all now been paid to us ? I appreciate that some are saying that we would have borrowed against it, but it would make a difference if it was cashflow still coming in

Also the £100, 000 a month is from a year ago. The last update we got from TB was that this had fallen to £60,000. Have I missed something where it is now back up to £100,000

not sure if you read my last point, but I don't think we were given $5 million in one lump-- am I catagorically wrong on this ? therefore has it all now been paid to us ? I appreciate that some are saying that we would have borrowed against it, but it would make a difference if it was cashflow still coming in

Also the £100, 000 a month is from a year ago. The last update we got from TB was that this had fallen to £60,000. Have I missed something where it is now back up to £100,000

It was given over a period of time up until August 2010 and yes we have had all of it. At that point Sainsbury said thats your lot.

Not sure about the 100k/60k, hopefully its the latter, either way we clearly cant pay the deficit at the moment.

It was given over a period of time up until August 2010 and yes we have had all of it. At that point Sainsbury said thats your lot.

Not sure about the 100k/60k, hopefully its the latter, either way we clearly cant pay the deficit at the moment.

With the big earners off the payroll now I'd be amazed if our current monthly losses were anywhere near those figures.

But a loss is still a loss and is unsustainable long term.

With the amount of trouble we are finding ourselves in you have to wonder how they cant be that high.

We received 65k for Ferdinand, if the deficit wasnt much that would surely have put us back on even terms.

With the amount of trouble we are finding ourselves in you have to wonder how they cant be that high.

We received 65k for Ferdinand, if the deficit wasnt much that would surely have put us back on even terms.

Have we been paid ? I honestly doubt that Peterbro have actually sent the money yet, its less than 30 days since the deal although I don't know what the settlement terms are

Checked it out
http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20110629/section-6-players_2293633_2125731#49

Transfer fees are paid to the league , if we owe money this will be offset before the transfer fees are paid on to us.

I suspect the 200K over 3 years did not include a down payment of enough to clear our embargo, let alone pay wages at the club,

Have we been paid ? I honestly doubt that Peterbro have actually sent the money yet, its less than 30 days since the deal although I don't know what the settlement terms are

Checked it out
http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20110629/section-6-players_2293633_2125731#49

Transfer fees are paid to the league , if we owe money this will be offset before the transfer fees are paid on to us.

I suspect the 200K over 3 years did not include a down payment of enough to clear our embargo, let alone pay wages at the club,

No idea to be honest and wouldnt be surprised if we hadnt received anything. Oh do we regret not selling Mohsni now...

No idea to be honest and wouldnt be surprised if we hadnt received anything. Oh do we regret not selling Mohsni now...

Only problem is that if we had sold Bilel to Wet Sham the money would probably have been spent by now leaving us in a similar position but a few weeks later. Lack of money is on-going.

Only problem is that if we had sold Bilel to Wet Sham the money would probably have been spent by now leaving us in a similar position but a few weeks later. Lack of money is on-going.

or we wouldnt have got the money anyway and we would have had to wait for him to play so many games or whatever

I'm afraid its time to let this rotting edifice of a club sink into the abyss. We must start again from the bottom in whatever league that we are able to gain entry to. Time for the true fans to run our beloved club, time for a complete rebuild, we cannot carry on like this.
There are precedents Aldershot,Wimbledon,Newport County,Accrington Stanley are all reborn clubs and I believe stronger for it.

I'm afraid its time to let this rotting edifice of a club sink into the abyss. We must start again from the bottom in whatever league that we are able to gain entry to. Time for the true fans to run our beloved club, time for a complete rebuild, we cannot carry on like this.
There are precedents Aldershot,Wimbledon,Newport County,Accrington Stanley are all reborn clubs and I believe stronger for it.

The major stumbling block here is the ground there isnt a ground in the borough which could host a club above the essex snr league and nowhere one could be affordably built

The major stumbling block here is the ground there isnt a ground in the borough which could host a club above the essex snr league and nowhere one could be affordably built
As Ken says I am sure a Community Stadium like Col Ewe is not out of the question. Failing that I believe Manor could be upgrading Southchurch Park to Ryman standards in the next year or so.

Should the worst happen. I don't think us finding a home in the borough will pose much of an issue. Even though Ron has struggled.

The problem will be putting a team together capable of rapid progression and keeping the fan base as high as possible.

That would be madness! We still have a club, a place in the League, we aren't even in Administration, it is still in our Chairman's deep, deep interest to keep us afloat and build us Fossets and you would chuck all that away?

And if you did succeed in getting AFC Southend back to League two, you would still have exactly the same problem - League two football is unsustainable without access to supporting deep pockets. Our only and best hope is to hang on for dear life!

That would be madness! We still have a club, a place in the League, we aren't even in Administration, it is still in our Chairman's deep, deep interest to keep us afloat and build us Fossets and you would chuck all that away?

And if you did succeed in getting AFC Southend back to League two, you would still have exactly the same problem - League two football is unsustainable without access to supporting deep pockets. Our only and best hope is to hang on for dear life!

Indeed, Im not sure why if we started again we would suddenly be financially viable. Not sure Id give up the wounded animal we have to be Canvey Island....

We also have the added problem that RM stated clearly to the council with varying planning changes for FF that the project would only go ahead/was viable as and when there was an upturn in the economy as the retail park was dependent on it. When that upturn is going to happen is as certain to me as I am it is to all of you. So we may for the foreseeable future be reliant on the crowds and the commercial department of RH. Plus of course any rabbit that appears from RM's top hat.

Maybe, and I am shooting weak sperm in the dark here, it may be interesting if, god forbid, the club went belly up. What use is the ground to any would be purchaser with the existing covenant? Strange potential scenario.

I also would like to point out that I am unhappy with the council in all this. Despite the council knowing the project would potentially raise the area profile and increase jobs, all they do is spout support. Even in the Boots and laces sale from them to RM, the club had/has to pay all surveyor and solicitors fees of both parties. Some councils actively dip in their pocket for a town enhancing project, including football stadiums, instead of milking an already udder empty cow.

Back