• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
Ok we were destroyed by Millwall,but the truth is we only need 15 points from 23 games to guarantee safety in this division.

Our main aim has IMO always been to gain 52 points ASAP,once that target is achieved then we can see where we end up,promotion or the play offs is not impossible but some of you need to stop dreaming about going up,just enjoy the season if you can.

We go again !

Explain why we can't dream about going up? We're currently level on points in the bottom playoff spot. Plus we've only just got our main signing from the summer fit, and we have a decent squad with good camaraderie. We also have recent experience of going up through the playoffs and there aren't many teams to be scared of in this league - we've contested well and taken 7 points from the 6 teams above us (1 W, 4D, 2L).

I'm not saying we 'will' go up - but we have a chance.

Are you feeling OK? Not even a mention of strikers...

We were beaten fair and square by a far superior team,that is football I'm afraid !

I could go on and on about the aimless punts upfield but the truth is we could still be playing now and still not score.

Being done 4 zip is far worse if we were in the bottom 4,thankfully we are riding high and long may that continue.

We were beaten fair and square by a far superior team,that is football I'm afraid !

I could go on and on about the aimless punts upfield but the truth is we could still be playing now and still not score.

Being done 4 zip is far worse if we were in the bottom 4,thankfully we are riding high and long may that continue.

We were done by superior tactics and some fresher legs. I am perfectly confident that, if set up right and with a fully firing side, we can match and surpass Millwall's play.

We were done by superior tactics and some fresher legs. I am perfectly confident that, if set up right and with a fully firing side, we can match and surpass Millwall's play.

From the 20th minute Millwall bossed us in every department,the only tactic which may of helped us is if we had stunning pace up top IMO.

We were beaten by the better side on the day just like we were superior to them at the new den. So far the league is evident to say we are the better side so far this season.

We should of been far more tighter and solid against a strong Millwall side going 5 in the midfield.

Who was that silly so called fan who suggested we should go attacking against everyone. They couldn't of been more wrong that game.

We were beaten by the better side on the day just like we were superior to them at the new den. So far the league is evident to say we are the better side so far this season.

We should of been far more tighter and solid against a strong Millwall side going 5 in the midfield.

Who was that silly so called fan who suggested we should go attacking against everyone. They couldn't of been more wrong that game.

Yes beaten by the better side on the day. Not, I believe, by better players. The decision to keep to an unchanged side cost us and was difficult to understand. It appeared that pb learned absolutely nothing from the jpt game. As for attack, well, kamikaze missions into a defence that resembled Hadrian's wall was pointless.

O,Brien and Morrison, as a pairing, are slow. Not unlike our own front line. But they had people behind them like Fred that had the pace to get in behind us and make it easier for the others.

This should be a game that taught lessons. Let's see who was listening.

4 against Bury and 5 against Oldham,

Yet you want to go 5 in the middle playing at home:hilarious:

Yesterday was a game to far for a injured coker and an ageing Barrett. Watch millwalls last goal and Barrett is blowing out of his arse trying to keep pace with a not too quick millwall striker. For me it should be bolger and Thomson at the back. And coker needs a rest.

Yesterday was a game to far for a injured coker and an ageing Barrett. Watch millwalls last goal and Barrett is blowing out of his arse trying to keep pace with a not too quick millwall striker. For me it should be bolger and Thomson at the back. And coker needs a rest.

Bolger and Thompson both play on the right side, if you're going to drop Barrett then it should be to bring in Prosser - who has been one of our most reliable, steady, if unspectacular, players during his time with us. I'd change both for Saturday's game.

That's sensible, turn on AB. We were 3-0 down in the 70th minute with 3 at the back with the game completely lost. The 4th goal was totally irrelevant.

That's sensible, turn on AB. We were 3-0 down in the 70th minute with 3 at the back with the game completely lost. The 4th goal was totally irrelevant.

Its not about turning on AB. Its about accepting he has a role to play but that it may not be, at 36, every game.

Its not about turning on AB. Its about accepting he has a role to play but that it may not be, at 36, every game.

Not saying he can't be dropped. Plenty of reasons why we lost 4-0 but Adam being 36 is not top of the list. For what its worth my personal choice if everyone's at the top of their game is Barrett and Bolger.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't regarding not changing the team. Think many would be surprised if we had changed it, me included but if we had had made changes and still lost Brown would have been slated. Hindsight and all that!

Damned if you do and damned if you don't regarding not changing the team. Think many would be surprised if we had changed it, me included but if we had had made changes and still lost Brown would have been slated. Hindsight and all that!

During the usual, game a week, part of the season, it is often thought best to stick with a winning side. At this time of year, with games coming thick and fast, the entire point of having a good squad that can rotate comes into play. We know there were several niggling injuries and a few tiring/aging legs and yet no change was made. Personally I believe the majority expected and even wanted some change to the squad and very few used the 'winning team' reason for resisting change. Its a squad game. What better time to utilise it?

I suspect we overdid the celebrations after beating Colchester, whereas Millwall had been stung by a home defeat the same day.
The first goal is so important in any division. My biggest disappointment is that Brown learned nothing after the JPT loss and no goals scored but with our team we will have to suffer the odd game like this.
I am happy to be goal difference from the playoffs at this stage of the season, and finally we are so much better when Timlin plays.

These strange results/performances sometimes happen. It's just a freak result and don't really agree it's a 'reality check'.

Back