• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That's sensible, turn on AB. We were 3-0 down in the 70th minute with 3 at the back with the game completely lost. The 4th goal was totally irrelevant.

Nothing to do with turning on Barrett but his is 36 and played a very big game just two days before. He has limits and the whole point of having a squad is to give the likes of prosser bolger the opportunity to stake a claim. It's a squad game. Deegan should have played from the start yesterday. It was obvious from our previous encounter that millwall would be very direct. Our midfield was non existent yesterday and with tired legs at the back we got murdered. When we finally get timlin wordsworth and weston fit and in the match day squad we will have options.

We have a good squad and a good team spirit. It will only get you so far. That's not having a pop at our squad it's just being realistic.

Just a little reminder Thompson and Prosser last season kept a few clean sheets, I do not understand why Prosser on this medium gets little support, Kevin Maher had similar lack of support on here and look how he turned out give Prosser a break, AB will not be around much longer and left sided centre halfs are not easily available a point made by PB

Just a little reminder Thompson and Prosser last season kept a few clean sheets, I do not understand why Prosser on this medium gets little support, Kevin Maher had similar lack of support on here and look how he turned out give Prosser a break, AB will not be around much longer and left sided centre halfs are not easily available a point made by PB
I'm a huge proser fan and I think in fairness there are a lot of us. It annoys me that on a match thread some people won't critique a player because of what they have done in the past. It's a match thread, it's all about that match. Other matches should be brought forward only to illustrate a point. Barrett and Coker should not have played, not hindsight but common sense (age and not fit and two games in three days). What's the point in a big squad if you don't use it. Someone mentioned the fourth goal, watch it and then watch bursts goal against us. Different build up but end result is very similar, Barrett out of position chasing shadows near the end of a match. If we play mill walk at home again I don't want to be watching their strikers smiling as thei fans sing 'can we play you every week'

Those calling for AB to be dropped are talking absolute bollocks, he played a huge role in the win over the inbreds, his passion, desire and leadership were clear for all to see. It's about getting the right blend and this is where PB gets it very wrong at times. He learnt nothing from the JPT game which is rather worrying. Only needed a couple of changes, Deegan should have started for sure.

Those calling for AB to be dropped are talking absolute bollocks, he played a huge role in the win over the inbreds, his passion, desire and leadership were clear for all to see. It's about getting the right blend and this is where PB gets it very wrong at times. He learnt nothing from the JPT game which is rather worrying. Only needed a couple of changes, Deegan should have started for sure.

Totally agree re AB. He was superb against them. Their forward was winning a lot against Thompson that game but won nothing against AB

These strange results/performances sometimes happen. It's just a freak result and don't really agree it's a 'reality check'.

Agree completely. Arsenal get tonked 4-0 and they forget about it, win the next game, and are top of the league. It doesn't make them a bad team overnight.

It's all about how you respond to that defeat, and 'Bouncebackability'

I don't think anyone is really talking about 'dropping' AB - more about giving him a planned rest and recognising that asking him to play 2 games in 3 days might be a bit too much. AB is an important player for us, but we need to manage him so that we can be competitive in every game - the Col U match clearly took a lot out of everyone. Hopefully Brown will look to freshen things up but sometimes I'd like him to be a little more proactive rather than reactive.

I don't think anyone is really talking about 'dropping' AB - more about giving him a planned rest and recognising that asking him to play 2 games in 3 days might be a bit too much. AB is an important player for us, but we need to manage him so that we can be competitive in every game - the Col U match clearly took a lot out of everyone. Hopefully Brown will look to freshen things up but sometimes I'd like him to be a little more proactive rather than reactive.
Exactly, and we are in the lucky position of having four very good centre backs, we should make more use of them collectively.

Hits gotta be realised aswell what game we just played before milwall, all the build up to the derby game would've taken a effect on the players more then any other game, knowing how much they would have to be up for it. In hindsight I would've rested AB, Coker, possibly white, hunt and Atkinson. Then we could still be looking st the same result because of the unfamiliar back line. Like someone said above, PB was going to get stick no matter what he did if we lost.

Wherever we finish this season ( my guess based on what I've witnessed so far is somewhere between 6th and 10th ) , the standard of football ( win , lose or draw ) from both teams is so much better than the L2 dross we've encountered in recent seasons.
Remember folks , this is our first season back and many felt we would be lucky to survive , so I for one think we are doing well.

they found out in the JPT that they could bludgeon Southend into submission. you can hardly blame them for sticking to those tactics again.

Back