• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He's only on something like £690 p/w so shouldn't be too much of an issue.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I have been told what he is on by a reliable source and if they are correct then Mrsblue wasn't actually far off :nope:

He's only on something like £690 p/w so shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I heard from my greengrocer that it was more like £693 p/w. :nope:

Where do these figures come from? If it is the club then someone needs a quiet but large talking to. If it is not from the club then the numbers are probably fictional as I can't see Anton going around telling people what he is earning. Or does he? :soapbox:

I heard from my greengrocer that it was more like £693 p/w. :nope:

Where do these figures come from? If it is the club then someone needs a quiet but large talking to. If it is not from the club then the numbers are probably fictional as I can't see Anton going around telling people what he is earning. Or does he? :soapbox:

I believe that was Antons own figure used in his court appearance

Losing mcglashan will be a big loss. Always rated his work ethic to do the dirty work and his blistering pace. Always was an effective substitute. Big L :thumbdown::thumbdown:

And Theo is not mentioned. I know he still has a contract but until that purple patch in the last few games there were serious doubts being expressed on here as to whether Theo had a future at Southend United.

SCP hasn't made a secret of the fact he rates Theo & so far Robinson has thrived on the public support given by Powell.
He looks like a different player now, IMO he will be a regular starter next year. He still has some time to run
(2 years?) on his contract so SCP probably has no reason to put him on any of the aforementioned lists

He's 37 by the time next season starts. There is no longevity there anymore. We need to seriously lower the average age of this squad

Why do we need to 'seriously lower the average of the squad, do we get extra points for playing the youngsters?
To me, MAF is still a valued member of the team and deserves his place.

Under 23s released

U23 players released

Dan Matsuzaka
Alex Clark
Dan Walker
Nico Cotton
Harry Cuthbert
Yonis Farah

What happened to Matsuzaka? I thought he was close to breaking in to the 1st team squad a while back.

The experience MAF has could be a great asset to our young forwards if the deal is right.

What happened to Matsuzaka? I thought he was close to breaking in to the 1st team squad a while back.

It always looked unlikely once Phil Brown decided to play Kyprianou instead of him when all our centre backs were injured, prior to this season Kyprianou was a left back.

He's 37 by the time next season starts. There is no longevity there anymore.

Usually I'd agree, but most footballers would be useless at 33, the fact Fortune is still delivering for us at 36 shows he isn't a normal footballer when it comes to fitness. To still be effective at his age he must be committed to staying fit so I wouldn't be worried until his performances start deteriorating.

MAF definitely has another season in him. Watching him in matches it's so easy to forget that he's nearly 37, his fitness levels are incredible. He is such a consistent performer, very rarely has a bad game. For me, he is probably our most underrated player.

Surprised at Nico Cotton being released from the youngsters, always seemed to have something about him whenever I saw him play and another who broke into the 1st team this year.

Cant see Anton going anywhere just yet.

Will be interesting to see who actually signs out of the 5 in negotiations. Or will they do the same as Atkinson and Thompson and get the best offer confirmed and then their agent can use it to squeeze more money somewhere else

Why do we need to 'seriously lower the average of the squad, do we get extra points for playing the youngsters?
To me, MAF is still a valued member of the team and deserves his place.

As I already said. There is no longevity

All you’re gonna offer MAF, Turner and Timlin realistically is a year deal each. So we’re in the same position needing new faces this time next year

Aim for younger targets and you’re only in this position every 2/3 years

Back