• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Did you mean "good player"? We're not here to knock our own players coming through the ranks and I wish him well but perhaps I've not seen the best of Ted Smith and I would guess (and it is just a guess) that he won't quite make it.

yeah, I thought that was standard short hand so apologies if I wasn't clear.

When he came in to the team after Christmas 2016 he was going really well until he got injured. I always want our youth players to do well but he seemed to actually have the ability, plus all the England youth caps as well. Here's hoping

That's what I thought Nico would be pushed on for.

I rated Nico too but heard whispers of bad discipline. There was also an instance where I watching him along side Steve Smith (Who was Maher's number 2 at Chelmsford) and Steve said "he just can't resist getting involved in any little bit of trouble" and almost by design there was a foul and Nico ran the length of the pitch to get involved with the argument

With regard to Ferdinand, I think he'll move into a part time player/coaching role. I don't think he's ready to move away from football and will want to be involved somewhere at some level and my guess is he's settled here, has had some very good spells and has obviously helped (and enjoyed helping) younger players alongside him improve. For me, that translates pretty well into more of a focus on the background stuff where his years of experience will ensure he still can make a very valuable contribution, if SCP is willing to have him of course.

There is a rumour of a £1m offer on the table for Dru from the PL. As Ron has proved in recent times he has Rightly held his nerve in these situations, which he has had little credit for. Obviously the right thing for Dru would be to stay as next season will be so important for him.

Lets hope as these offers start coming in and increasing that the young lad can stay focused. I don't care what anyone says Lenny was not focused for several weeks at the start of last season.

There is a rumour of a £1m offer on the table for Dru from the PL. As Ron has proved in recent times he has Rightly held his nerve in these situations, which he has had little credit for. Obviously the right thing for Dru would be to stay as next season will be so important for him.

Lets hope as these offers start coming in and increasing that the young lad can stay focused. I don't care what anyone says Lenny was not focused for several weeks at the start of last season.

We know you don't care what anyone thinks :P

Dru is on a 4 year contract to ensure we maximise his potential and we get the maximum cash in if he does progress how we think we could. It is possibly the best bit of business Phil Brown did in his time here. I think Ron will do exactly what he has done it the past with Bilel and Lenny and bat away any offers.

As Dru came through our youth set up, I believe we are guaranteed a fee if he moves on at the end of his contract, a la Bentley and Payne.

I think we’ll hold onto Dru, he’ll have a great season then move on next summer.

If he keeps up his recent progress he’ll have a whole host of people pursuing him and at 18 they won’t mind waiting. The more first team exposure he can get right now the better and with four years on his contract we don’t need to worry too much about being shafted via tribunal.

Let’s hope he overcomes that injury quickly and can join the England set-up for that youth tournament mentioned after the Bristol Rovers game.

As Dru came through our youth set up, I believe we are guaranteed a fee if he moves on at the end of his contract, a la Bentley and Payne.

Correct, so long as we offer him a contract on at lease the same as his current terms.

These situations get difficult should the player want to move on, but I think Dru knows he's best served to stay here for another year.

Should he get into the youth England sides, something which seems inevitable, his value will only grow.

We would be stupid to accept any offer this summer, short of it being a ridiculous figure of course.

Dru should become our record ever sale in time.

We know you don't care what anyone thinks :P

Dru is on a 4 year contract to ensure we maximise his potential and we get the maximum cash in if he does progress how we think we could. It is possibly the best bit of business Phil Brown did in his time here. I think Ron will do exactly what he has done it the past with Bilel and Lenny and bat away any offers.

Apart from a qualified ref of course. They are the most important people in the world....Just ask any of them.

Could be Brighton. Seen their scouts a few times in the last few games at home watching us (Dru)

Keep him for a year or too, then sell if we aren't near the Championship which is where I think Dru would need to go to enhance his ability. Could well become a PL player, in time.

With regard to Ferdinand, I think he'll move into a part time player/coaching role. I don't think he's ready to move away from football and will want to be involved somewhere at some level and my guess is he's settled here, has had some very good spells and has obviously helped (and enjoyed helping) younger players alongside him improve. For me, that translates pretty well into more of a focus on the background stuff where his years of experience will ensure he still can make a very valuable contribution, if SCP is willing to have him of course.

I think you are very near the mark with regards Anton. He will know the huge hole that retiring has left for Rio and will want to keep involved. I suppose CP could have told him he would be on the bench and starts would be rare; AND Anton wants to play so that is, we are where we are. If he stays good, if he goes I wish him well.

With the amount of money flying around in football, 1 million is a joke. That wouldn't have even warranted a response if I was chairman and I would have just hung up!!

With the amount of money flying around in football, 1 million is a joke. That wouldn't have even warranted a response if I was chairman and I would have just hung up!!

Hardly a joke is it - league 1 player that has played a handful of games.

Hardly a joke is it - league 1 player that has played a handful of games.

Another league 1 player with only a few more appearances, Ade Lookman went from Charlton to Everton for an initial 7.5 million. So 1 million does seem low looking at Dru's potential in my opinion.

Another league 1 player with only a few more appearances, Ade Lookman went from Charlton to Everton for an initial 7.5 million. So 1 million does seem low looking at Dru's potential in my opinion.

Played probably double the amount of games and scored goals. Also reckon Everton probably regret paying that

Played 45 scored 10 but joined the academy at 16 (Dru has been with us since 11)

So not far from double... and 10 is higher than 0 last time I checked?.... the lad has potential but he needs to kick on next season and improve on many areas of his game to be worth the values people are mentioning.

Just hope the pressure and over rating everyone has given him doesn’t effect his game next year and he continues to improve rather than disappear like the majority of youngsters.

So not far from double... and 10 is higher than 0 last time I checked?.... the lad has potential but he needs to kick on next season and improve on many areas of his game to be worth the values people are mentioning.

Just hope the pressure and over rating everyone has given him doesn’t effect his game next year and he continues to improve rather than disappear like the majority of youngsters.

This. Right on.

Back