• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I am really pleased that Fortune is in talks. I really enjoy watching him play and I would imagine he has a great influence on the training ground. The youngsters can only learn from him plus he is more than capable of playing still.

Not sure that all those in contract talks will sign but if they did CP wouldn't need to bring too many in. A striker, one possibly two midfield players. Mantom plus one would be fine by me. Cover for either of McLaughlin and Kightly.We are probably alright for defenders, especially if Kiernan gets over his injury.

I'd finally made my mind up a little while ago, and decided it's time for Wordsworth but it still seems odd seeing his name their. I remember how excited I was when we signed him...

Glad MAF is in negotiations - didn't think I'd say that 18 months ago - but I've been saying for a while now I'd like him to get a pay-as-you-play deal, low risk on the clubs behalf and he doesn't have to hang his boots up yet if he doesn't want to. Speaking of which, maybe Billericay could come in for Ferdinand? He could probably walk to work, have his his wages matched and continue playing at that level... Nothing against him, but if you watch him warmup he can't even stretch probably. How he thinks he can continue is beyond me.

What happened with Wright's extension? Does anybody know?

Under 23s released

U23 players released

Dan Matsuzaka
Alex Clark
Dan Walker
Nico Cotton
Harry Cuthbert
Yonis Farah

Mo Farah’s cousin, no idea if he was any good or not. Anyone know much about what he was like?

Mo Farah’s cousin, no idea if he was any good or not. Anyone know much about what he was like?

All I can tell you is like Mo, he's very lightweight. It would've been hard for him even if he had the ability.

Defensively we seem to have the numbers and the versatility, but maybe if Anton moves on we can look to add a young aerially dominant centre-half to develop. No mention of Stephen Hendrie. It'll be interesting to see what his future will be - maybe CP can resuscitate his career, like he did with Robinson (I can't see where Hendrie fits in, but then I said that with Theo and look at him now).

Midfield - hopefully Timlin signs a new deal and Mantom may also be another target but even if they both sign up we'd need another central/versatile midfielder unless CP is looking to use Demi there (and give more opportunities to Elvis at RB).

If we're playing McLaughlin and Kightly in the first XI we definitely need another winger on the bench. Unless there's a gem in the u23s I'd be looking to taking a flyer on a young Ryan Hall /Mitchell Cole type from non-league to use off the bench.

Up front - my guess is that despite offering deals to both Cox and Fortune one doesn't sign. I think CP will want to get in a target man and there may not be the budget for both veterans as well.

Exciting times ahead.

If we're playing McLaughlin and Kightly in the first XI we definitely need another winger on the bench. Unless there's a gem in the u23s I'd be looking to taking a flyer on a young Ryan Hall /Mitchell Cole type from non-league to use off the bench.
That's what I thought Nico would be pushed on for.

Keirnan has a contract but I’ve been informed Ted has been invited back for pre season to get fit but doesn’t have a contract offered to him

A long summer of recover and an uncertain future

Hmm...thanks.

I still think Ted Smith is going to be a player, I hope he comes good on that potential.

Did you mean "good player"? We're not here to knock our own players coming through the ranks and I wish him well but perhaps I've not seen the best of Ted Smith and I would guess (and it is just a guess) that he won't quite make it.

Defensively we seem to have the numbers and the versatility, but maybe if Anton moves on we can look to add a young aerially dominant centre-half to develop. No mention of Stephen Hendrie. It'll be interesting to see what his future will be - maybe CP can resuscitate his career, like he did with Robinson (I can't see where Hendrie fits in, but then I said that with Theo and look at him now).

Midfield - hopefully Timlin signs a new deal and Mantom may also be another target but even if they both sign up we'd need another central/versatile midfielder unless CP is looking to use Demi there (and give more opportunities to Elvis at RB).

Up front - my guess is that despite offering deals to both Cox and Fortune one doesn't sign. I think CP will want to get in a target man and there may not be the budget for both veterans as well.

Exciting times ahead.

Cox a veteran ?

As I already said. There is no longevity

All you’re gonna offer MAF, Turner and Timlin realistically is a year deal each. So we’re in the same position needing new faces this time next year

Aim for younger targets and you’re only in this position every 2/3 years

If an older player still has the ability, just to swap them for younger players doesn't make sense if they continue to perform.

I like what CP is trying to do by introducing the u23's whilst still keeping the older heads around.

Players like MAF, Timlin & Turner have a lot of experience & knowledge of the game they can pass onto the younger squad members breaking into the 1st team.

How much more experience do you need to be classified as a veteran? He's made over 400 club appearances and 30 international caps!

In terms of experience I concede that Cox can be called a veteran. But certainly not in terms of age.

Striker department will be interesting. Cox, wabo, Robinson, MAF. If all sign.
Thoughts????
I feel wabo should be used next season he seems to pit the ball in the net...often.

Back