• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues in contract talks with five players and Ferdinand is made available

SOUTHEND United have confirmed they are in contract negotiations with five of their players.

More...

More or less agree with all of those.

We did have an option for Turner but wonder if club are trying to get a better deal and give him a different contract in the process.

No mention of Ted Smith strangely, whose contract is up this summer.

Wouldn't argue with any of that. Pleased to see that MAF, Turner, Timlin, Oxley and Cox are all in negotiations. Not surprised that Anton has been made available for transfer either, he's clearly not first choice now and I wouldn't expect him to just be content with sitting around on the sidelines for next year. I would expect him to move to a League Two or Conference Club of retire altogether if we can agree a package with him.

No mention of

Ted Smith - 2018
Josh Bexon - 2018 (option until 2019)
Sonny Coutts - 2018 (option until 2019)
Joe Bedford - 2018 (option until 2019)
Michael Klass - 2018
Renei Batlokwa - 2018 (option until 2019)
Harry Phillips - 2018 (option until 2019)
Norman Wabo - 2018 (option until 2019)

No mention of

Ted Smith - 2018
Josh Bexon - 2018 (option until 2019)
Sonny Coutts - 2018 (option until 2019)
Joe Bedford - 2018 (option until 2019)
Michael Klass - 2018
Renei Batlokwa - 2018 (option until 2019)
Harry Phillips - 2018 (option until 2019)
Norman Wabo - 2018 (option until 2019)
Wonder if the youths are in talks over a new deal but as they aren't registered with the first team don't have to be included in the retained list. If so then club may have just included those released out of courtesy.

At a loss for Smith though.

It's nice to see this early in the summer.... gives us plenty of time to post about potential signings :-) I hope the negotiations go well. Would like to see them be part of next year. Chris will already have an idea of who he would like to bring in. Being a good man-manager will be part of the attraction in coming and playing here. Never PB's strong point.

Wonder if the youths are in talks over a new deal but as they aren't registered with the first team don't have to be included in the retained list. If so then club may have just included those released out of courtesy.

It could just be an administrative error. I do hope it is nothing more serious resulting from his long lay-off period.

Can see Ferdinand still being here unless we are willing to pay off a large part of his contract

Yeah, not much incentive for him to move if he's still getting paid well by us. Can't imagine teams will be hammering down our door to take him and his wages on.

Everything else on that list makes sense to me though.

Re Smith, I was told that as he was injured whilst under contract that we are obliged under EFL rules to keep him on whilst he undergoes recovery - what happens after that I am not sure. Hopefully he will fully recover and we can keep him as he's a young man with potentially a great career ahead of him if he stays clear of injury.

And Theo is not mentioned. I know he still has a contract but until that purple patch in the last few games there were serious doubts being expressed on here as to whether Theo had a future at Southend United.

Back