• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Relegation Battle- Remaining Fixtures.

From sufc point of view, would be better to have colchester first up instead of exeter.

scenario;-

13/04/21
Barrow beat Exeter

17/04/21
Barrow beat Orient
*Walsall beat Colchester
Exeter beat Southend
Bolton beat Grimsby

Barrow now on 49 points and mathematically safe (Southend and Grimsby can get to 49 - but GD is 20 odd worse) - Barrow's players relax after this match and mentally have already gone to the beach... Barrow's results after this are not relevant to relegation (apart from 1/5/21)

20/04/21
Southend beat Colchester (93rd min own goal as non of your strikers can score....)
Grimsby draw with Morecambe.

24/04/21

Grimsby beat Oldham

27/04/21
*Cheltenham beat Colchester
Orient beat Southend
Exeter beat Grimsby

1/5/21
*Salford beat Colchester
Southend beat Barrow's fringe players
Grimsby draw with Port Vale

8/5/21
Cambridge beat Grimsby
Newport beat Southend
*Tranmere beat Colchester

Final points;-
Grimsby 39, Colchester 41, Southend 43

* Colchester can draw one of these 4 games.

We may have one more chance of escaping the drop! If the Rumours are correct that a Div 2 team (Not Colewe according to RC) is going into liquidation, a points deduction could save us!
I am clutching any available straws. UTB COYB ‘Phill Browns Blue and White Army’ :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter: :Frustrated::Frustrated:

scenario;-

13/04/21
Barrow beat Exeter

17/04/21
Barrow beat Orient
*Walsall beat Colchester
Exeter beat Southend
Bolton beat Grimsby

Barrow now on 49 points and mathematically safe (Southend and Grimsby can get to 49 - but GD is 20 odd worse) - Barrow's players relax after this match and mentally have already gone to the beach... Barrow's results after this are not relevant to relegation (apart from 1/5/21)

20/04/21
Southend beat Colchester (93rd min own goal as non of your strikers can score....)

24/04/21

Grimsby beat Oldham

27/04/21
Orient beat Southend
Exeter beat Grimsby

1/5/21
*Salford beat Colchester

8/5/21
Cambridge beat Grimsby
Newport beat Southend

Final points;-

The newspaper yesterday showed events more likely to occur than having a blood clot from the AstraZeneca vaccine, such as a plane crashing into your house, getting a hole in one at golf, or dying from a bee sting.
Unfortunately they weren't able to use your scenario above, Chipmunx, as the odds on this occurring are way out towards "infinity to one".

scenario;-

13/04/21
Barrow beat Exeter

17/04/21
Barrow beat Orient
*Walsall beat Colchester
Exeter beat Southend
Bolton beat Grimsby

20/04/21

24/04/21

Grimsby beat Oldham

27/04/21
Orient beat Southend
Exeter beat Grimsby

1/5/21
*Salford beat Colchester

8/5/21
Cambridge beat Grimsby
Newport beat Southend

Final points;-

I don't think we will lose most of our last 5 games, more likely we will draw a lot of them.

1618219069240.png

The sun's out, the birds are happily singing the clouds are leaving, the Cagire is visible again. All is right with the world..........hope springs eternal. My black mood, in tune with the weather yesterday, has lifted just a little bit to accept that our survival hopes are still alive.......................just. I have a small number of premium bonds and whilst I know the odds are very much against me winning a big prize................it doesn't stop me from hoping every month!:Smile:
Yet, there were justifiable reasons for my gloom following the Crawley game. It would have appeared easier to have got a win at home to mid-table Crawley rather than away to promotion seeking Exeter but we are Southend United and I suppose we don't do things the easy way. Nevertheless that loss of two points against the Creepies was SO important. If we were now two points behind Colchester, instead of four, we would only have had to match their result on Saturday and win there on Tuesday to be ahead of them with our destiny in our hands. Now, whatever the result for us on Saturday, we have to nervously look over our shoulder and behind us to hope the Ewes and Grimsby both slip up. For the moment, our future is no longer in our hands. Saturday was a seismic blow to our survival hopes, we virtually can't take anymore.

Last edited:
The newspaper yesterday showed events more likely to occur than having a blood clot from the AstraZeneca vaccine, such as a plane crashing into your house, getting a hole in one at golf, or dying from a bee sting.
Unfortunately they weren't able to use your scenario above, Chipmunx, as the odds on this occurring are way out towards "infinity to one".
I’ve had a hole in one

Resign yourself to relegation Yogi. Enjoy the weather there in Jellystone. Clear your mind of that hollow negativity and trepidation, and that faint, lingering hope. You will feel better. And then when we do survive by one precious point, beating Newport County with a 94th minute header by Emile Acquah......imagine how you will feel. Where there was no thought of survival suddenly that Acquah shaped lifeboat approaches and lifts you into safety and a whole new level of joy.

Resign yourself to relegation Yogi. Enjoy the weather there in Jellystone. Clear your mind of that hollow negativity and trepidation, and that faint, lingering hope. You will feel better. And then when we do survive by one precious point, beating Newport County with a 94th minute header by Emile Acquah......imagine how you will feel. Where there was no thought of survival suddenly that Acquah shaped lifeboat approaches and lifts you into safety and a whole new level of joy.
Please, NO! I survived the penalty shoot-out at Wembley, the late goal by Humphrys against Sunderland (though it did give me indigestion during my meal).........there is a limit to what the old heart can take!

We may have one more chance of escaping the drop! If the Rumours are correct that a Div 2 team (Not Colewe according to RC) is going into liquidation, a points deduction could save us!
I am clutching any available straws. UTB COYB ‘Phill Browns Blue and White Army’ :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter: :Frustrated::Frustrated:
They probably aren’t true and even if they were it would likely be Oldham. And they would still be 2 points ahead of us and probably end up finishing above us even with a 12 point deduction.

scenario;-

13/04/21
Barrow beat Exeter

17/04/21
Barrow beat Orient
*Walsall beat Colchester
Exeter beat Southend
Bolton beat Grimsby

20/04/21

24/04/21

Grimsby beat Oldham

27/04/21
Orient beat Southend
Exeter beat Grimsby

1/5/21
*Salford beat Colchester

8/5/21
Cambridge beat Grimsby
Newport beat Southend

Final points;-

Really don't think your result against Exeter will make much difference. Beat them and they will be even more determined to get their promotion/play-off push back on track Saturday. Lose or draw to them and their confidence, following their win at Cambridge on Saturday, will be sky high. I suppose the best you could do for us is to get one of their key players a red card. I could suggest something else but I don't suppose that is ethical or in any way fair play!...............mind you, that didn't stop Grimsby taking out our most creative player, Olayinka.

Really don't think your result against Exeter will make much difference. Beat them and they will be even more determined to get their promotion/play-off push back on track Saturday. Lose or draw to them and their confidence, following their win at Cambridge on Saturday, will be sky high. I suppose the best you could do for us is to get one of their key players a red card. I could suggest something else but I don't suppose that is ethical or in any way fair play!...............mind you, that didn't stop Grimsby taking out our most creative player, Olayinka.
Not just one—ALL of their best players sent off...please !

I've just got a funny feeling something is going to happen something is going down

Back